- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 13/147 (2007)Goodnight PunpunShougakukan Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkPunpun is an ordinary young boy growing up in Japan whose age of innocence has reached its end after his father is arrested for spousal abuse and putting his mother in hospital. With his uncle looking after him Punpun grows into adulthood facing a series of events which change him, for better or worse, forcing him to contemplate just what it means to be an adult.
- Manga, 8/50 (2015)Bloom Into YouASCII Media WorksSlice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 13/49 (2011)Ao Haru RideShuueisha Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkYoshioka Futaba decides to get rid of her "cute girl"-image. In middle school she was shunned because of her good looks and a misunderstanding prevented her from confessing her feelings to the boy she liked, Tanaka. Now she goes to high school, and if this isn't the perfect time to find yourself, when else is it? "Sweet little Yoshioka's" time is up! From now on, she'll try to act as little like a girl as anyhow possible. Her scheme to recreate her own image goes so well, until she meets Tanaka again... Will she get another shot at her unrequited love from the past?
- Manga, 7/33 (2002)Aishiteruze BabyShuueisha Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkKippei Katakura is a 17-year-old playboy who spends his time chasing girls, careless of their feelings. But when his 5-year-old cousin Yuzuyu comes to live with his family after her mother's sudden disappearance, Kippei is put in charge of taking care of her. As Kippei gets to know Yuzuyu and starts to understand how she feels, he also begins to realize that all girls were like Yuzuyu once...
- Manga, 12/84 (2008)A Bride’s StoryEnterbrainSlice of Life DramaOriginal WorkAcclaimed creator Kaoru Mori (Emma, Shirley) brings the nineteenth-century Silk Road to lavish life, chronicling the story of Amir Halgal, a young woman from a nomadic tribe betrothed to a twelve-year-old boy eight years her junior. Coping with cultural differences, blossoming feelings for her new husband, and expectations from both her adoptive and birth families, Amir strives to find her role as she settles into a new life and a new home in a society quick to define that role for her.
- Manga, 14/140 (1994)Yokohama Kaidashi KikouKodansha Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkSet in a post-apocalyptic Japan of the near future where the sea level has risen and flooded much of the coastal areas and Mt. Fuji has erupted within living memory. The population has been considerably reduced and political and technological institutions have broken-down. Local communities have become nations and telephone and television no longer exist (although coffee vending machines and streetlights stubbornly continue to work). There are strange new animals and plants (like flying fish and glowing streetlight trees). The remaining people have adopted a slower-paced, simpler way of life and rely more on each other. Along with the human population are some intelligent, humanoid robots. One of the robots, a female named Alpha, runs a café by the same name in the country outside of what remains of Yokohama. With her trusty motorscooter and her camera she travels around the area making friends with the humans and robots, having new experiences and observing the passage of time.
- Manga, 5/44 (2006)My GirlShinchousha Publishing Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 25/98 (2005)Natsume’s Book of FriendsHakusensha, Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkTakashi Natsume can see the spirits and demons that hide from the rest of humanity. He has always been set apart from other people because of his gift, drifting from relative to relative, never fitting in. Now he's a troubled high school student who has come to live in the small town where his grandmother grew up. And there he discovers that he has inherited more than just the Sight from the mysterious Reiko.
- Manga, 12/60 (2002)AriaMag Garden CorporationSlice of Life DramaOriginal WorkExperience the magical, mystical world that inspired the Aria anime...One-hundred and fifty years after its terraforming, Aqua, the planet formerly known as Mars, is now almost completely covered in water. A young girl named Akari Mizunashi lives in the city of Neo-Venezia, an exact replica of the old Italian city of Venice, where she works as a gondolier tour guide. While giving people tours of her beautiful city, Akari learns to appreciate her city when she helps an elderly tourist find his daughter, teaches a friend some history about ancient Venice and discovers the secret behind Aqua's unusual sun showers.
- Manga, 1/5 (2013)The Gods LieKodansha Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkNatsuru Nanao, a 6th grader who lives alone with his mother, strikes up an unlikely friendship with the reserved and driven Rio Suzumura. Natsuru plays hookey from soccer camp that summer, and instead of telling the truth to his mother, he spends all his time with Rio and her kid brother at their rickety house, where a dark secret threatens to upend their fragile happiness.
- Manga, 8/44 (2009)Iris ZeroMedia FactorySlice of Life DramaOriginal WorkToru Mizushima is an Iris Zero, a person who was born without a special power called an Iris, a power to see information that cannot be seen through normal vision. Nearly all boys and girls his age were born with an Iris, and so he lives his school life quietly by keeping a low profile to avoid discrimination. One day, Koyuki Sasamori, a very popular girl, approaches Toru to tell him something that will inadvertently challenge his way of life. As a result of their meeting, he meets new people and encounters many problems, which he must solve to keep living in peace.
- Manga, 2/19 (2003)What a Wonderful World!Shougakukan Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkWhat begins with a college dropout bored of her mediocre routine soon becomes a fantastic series of vignettes about the unexpected ways that lives intersect. Filled with magical realism in the face of the cold reality of modern life, at their core these stories are about discovering something precious in the chaos of existence.
- Manga, 21/191 (2016)BeastarsAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 6/23 (2000)Confidential ConfessionsKodansha Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkIn 'The Door,' Manatsu is totally bored with life, so she decides to slit her wrists and end it all. However, her suicide attempt is unsuccessful. After Manatsu's released from the hospital, she meets another girl from school who is also suicidal. Because her arms are as skinny as asparagus stalks, Manatsu calls her 'Asparagus.' Together, Manatsu and Asparagus plot and plan a joint suicide. But, in the end, nothing goes according to plan ... and when one of the friends dies, the other realizes that suicide isn't the answer, after all. In 'Mistakes,' Yoshioka is a teen prostitute and runaway who doesn't believe in love. Everything changes when she meets a street performer named Ryo who loves her for who she truly is. But when she turns one last trick to pay the bills, she risks losing everything. Will their love conquer all?
- Manga, 15/123 (2002)Wandering SonEnterbrainSlice of Life DramaOriginal WorkThe fifth grade. The threshold to puberty, and the beginning of the end of childhood innocence. Shuichi Nitori and his new friend Yoshino Takatsuki have happy homes, loving families, and are well-liked by their classmates. But they share a secret that further complicates a time of life that is awkward for anyone: Shuichi is a boy who wants to be a girl, and Yoshino is a girl who wants to be a boy. Written and drawn by one of today’s most critically acclaimed creators of manga, Shimura portrays Shuishi and Yoshino’s very private journey with affection, sensitivity, gentle humor, and unmistakable flair and grace. Volume one introduces our two protagonists and the friends and family whose lives intersect with their own. Yoshino is rudely reminded of her sex by immature boys whose budding interest in girls takes clumsily cruel forms. Shuichi’s secret is discovered by Saori, a perceptive and eccentric classmate. And it is Saori who suggests that the fifth graders put on a production of The Rose of Versailles for the farewell ceremony for the sixth graders — with boys playing the roles of women, and girls playing the roles of men.
- Manga, 2/10 (2001)AquaEnix CorporationSlice of Life DramaOriginal WorkAkari Mizunashi is a new arrival in the gorgeous Martian city of Neo-Venezia. She becomes a gondolier tour guide and begins her training to become an Undine, the most coveted job on Aqua. Follow Akari's adventures as she discovers the wonders of Aria in this prequel to the popular anime and manga series.
- Manga, 8/29 (2017)A Tropical Fish Yearns for SnowKadokawa CorporationSlice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/32 (2009)Velvet KissTakeshobo Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkWhat does it mean to become "her friend?" Nitta , unable to pay back his huge debt, receives a phone call from his loan advisor and tells him they would work something out if he becomes "friends" with this woman at his work. Mysterious, pretty, and unaware of what's going on, Nitta approaches her. They eventually end up having a relationship... but everything comes with a price, and it's not what it all seems to be!
- Manga, 1/12 (2008)Sekai no Owari to Yoake-maeShougakukan Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 5/25 (2004)Someday's Dreamers: SpellboundFujimi ShobouSlice of Life DramaOriginal WorkEighteen-year-old Nami is a magic user with a keen interest in helping everyone...but herself. Ryutaro is the new boy in school--he's rough around the edges and has a mysterious past, but beneath his rough exterior is a gentle soul. When these two meet, they leave each other spellbound!
- Manga, 1/4 (2009)Tomodachi no HanashiShuueisha Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/4 (2010)Saishuu LoopShuueisha Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 10/52 (2007)Kure-naiShuueisha Inc.ActionLight Novel
- Manga, 1/7 (2014)Yuki no Shita no QualiaTaiyou Tosho Co., Ltd.Slice of Life Drama
- Manga, 9/81 (2014)Dead Dead Demon’s Dededede DestructionShougakukan Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/5 (2016)Boku dake ga Inai Machi: ReKadokawa ShotenSlice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 2/12 (2007)Black SunTaiyou Tosho Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkGerun Fortress, under the command of Officer Leonard de Limbourg, is attacked by the prestigious general Jemaru Jan of the Middle Eastern Empire. With no hope of winning, Leonard offers his head in exchange for the safety of any survivors left in the fortress. But Jemaru isn't into executions, and torturing prisoners of war is much more interesting. Forced to sleep with a man that is his enemy, Leonard's feelings of shame overtake his mind, but lust overtakes his body...
- Manga, 2/9 (2014)Crash ʼnʼ BurnTokyopop GmbHSlice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/6 (2013)Ka-Non: Karin x Hekikai no AiONFujimi ShobouSlice of Life Drama
- Manga, 5/25 (2002)Princess PrincessShinshokan Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkWhy has Kouno received such an overly warm welcome at his new all boys school?!? Little does Tohru know about the secret Hime (Princess) system in effect at the school. At events, boys are chosen to dress up as girls to provide a touch of femininity in the sea of testosterone. By the time Kouno finally catches on, he discovers he’s been chosen as the newest cross-dressing candidate! Lured by the “benefits” of being a princess, Kouno takes on the job with two other recruits, Mikoto and Shihoudani – and the chaos begins!
- Manga, 5/40 (1999)Honeymoon SaladHakusensha, Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 2/9 (2008)Flip Flap: Okamoto Lynn TanpenshuuShuueisha Inc.Slice of Life Drama
- Manga, 2/20 (2009)A Girl on the ShoreOhta Publishing, CompanySlice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 12/45 (2013)ArteTokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 8/- (2015)2DK, G Pen, Mezamashidokei.Ichijinsha Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/4 (2006)Shissou HolidayKadokawa ShotenSlice of Life DramaLight Novel
- Manga, 17/242 (1973)Black JackAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkBlack Jack is a mysterious and charismatic young genius surgeon who travels the world performing amazing and impossible medical feats. Though a trained physician, he refuses to accept a medical license due to his hatred and mistrust of the medical community's hypocrisy and corruption. This leads Black Jack to occasional run-ins with the authorities, as well as from gangsters and criminals who approach him for illegal operations. Black Jack charges exorbitant fees for his services, the proceeds from which he uses to fund environmental projects and to aid victims of crime and corrupt capitalists. But because Black Jack keeps his true motives secret, his ethics are perceived as questionable and he is considered a selfish, uncaring devil. The Black Jack series is told in short stories. Each volume will contain 16-20 stories, each running approximately 20-24 pages in length. Black Jack is recognized as Osamu Tezuka's third most famous series, after Astro Boy and Kimba, the White Lion.
- Manga, 11/21 (2014)Konohana KitanGentousha Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkYuzu is a brand new employee at Konohanatei, the hot-springs inn that sits on the crossroads between worlds. A simple, clumsy but charmingly earnest girl, Yuzu must now figure out her new life working alongside all the other fox-spirits who run the inn under one cardinal rule—at Konohanatei, every guest is a god! Konohana Kitan follows Yuzu’s day to day life working at the inn, meeting the other employees and ever-eclectic guests, and learning to appreciate the beauty of the world around her.
- Manga, 1/6 (2004)The Ice Wanderer and other storiesShougakukan Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkLost in the Great North, two men are saved by the appearance of an old hunter who divulges a strange legend to them...Surrounded by wolves and fighting for their survival, two explorers head for Alaska to bury their companion...A marine biologist begins a quest to fi nd the mythical graveyard of whales. In total six shorts with as many stories of men confronted by savage nature which is sometimes cruel, sometimes forgiving but always vast. Through tales fi lled with respect for animal life, this splendid collection, which lies at the crossroads of poetry and adventure, shows master storyimager Taniguchi at his awardwinning best.
- Manga, 1/4 (2003)Hotarubi no Mori eHakusensha, Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkA little girl gets lost in an enchanted forest, and is rescued by a mysterious young boy who refuses to let him touch her. He tells her it is because it would cause him to disappear...