- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 12/108 (2003)Death NoteShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkLight Yagami is an ace student with great prospects--and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal…or his life?
- Manga, 18/162 (1994)MonsterShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkJohann is a cold and calculating killer with a mysterious past, and brilliant Dr. Kenzo Tenma is the only one who can stop him! Conspiracy and serial murder open the door to a compelling, intricately woven plot in this compelling work of suspense.
- Manga, 8/65 (2003)PlutoShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkIn an ideal world where man and robots coexist, someone or something has destroyed the powerful Swiss robot Mont Blanc. Elsewhere a key figure in a robot rights group is murdered. The two incidents appear to be unrelated...except for one very conspicuous clue - the bodies of both victims have been fashioned into some sort of bizarre collage complete with makeshift horns placed by the victims' heads. Interpol assigns robot detective Gesicht to this most strange and complex case - and he eventually discovers that he too, as one of the seven great robots of the world, is one of the targets.
- Manga, 22/249 (1999)20th Century BoysShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkHumanity, having faced extinction at the end of the 20th century, would not have entered the new millennium if it weren't for them. In 1969, during their youth, they created a symbol. In 1997, as the coming disaster slowly starts to unfold, that symbol returns. This is the story of a group of boys who try to save the world.
- Manga, 8/44 (2012)ERASEDKadokawa ShotenThrillerOriginal WorkSatoru Fujinuma is a struggling manga artist who has the ability to turn back time and prevent deaths. When his mother is killed he turns back time to solve the mystery, but ends up back in elementary school, just before the disappearance of his classmate Kayo.
- Manga, 12/59 (2006)Future DiaryKadokawa ShotenThrillerOriginal WorkYukiteru may be an ordinary student--he doesn't stand out and classmates ignore him. And his only hobby is the daily diary he keeps on his cell phone. But Yukiteru has a secret that nobody knows about... And vicious game of survival is about to begin among twelve diary holders--with the winner crowned god of a new world! Sakae Esuno's chilling shonen masterpiece is a relentless adventure that will have you questioning the boundaries of time and space--and hoping for the slightest glimmer of hope in a dark, desolate world that may look surprisingly familiar to all of us...
- Manga, 20/165 (2008)Billy BatKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal WorkIt's 1949, and Kevin Yamagata is a Japanese-American comic book artist drawing the popular detective series "Billy Bat." When he learns he may have unconsciously copied the character from an image he saw serving in occupied Japan, he returns to Japan to get permission to use Billy Bat from its original creator. Upon arriving there, however, he becomes embroiled in a web of murder, cover-ups, and prophecy that all leads back to Billy Bat.
- Manga, 19/201 (2005)Liar GameShuueisha Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkAt the sight of greed, your average human being always chooses money over integrity; however, such a thing is impossible for the Nao Kanzaki, who is about the most honest person you can find. But when she accidentally joined "The Liar Game", her honesty has proved to be a deadly poison. In a game where every player has to either trick their opponents and get gain a large prize, or be burdened with a equally large debt, the honest Nao Kanzaki has no choice but to get help from Shinichi Akiyama, who is a genius con artist that conned a multi billionaire company. With the help of Akiyama, Nao Kanzaki now participates in the dangerous world of the "The Liar Game"
- Manga, 2/16 (2006)21st Century BoysShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkWar is over. The Friend is dead. Mankind no longer faces the threat of extinction. Peace has finally come to Tokyo... Or has it? The mystery still remains. Nobody knows who the Friend was and where he came from. The only clue is hidden deep within the memories—the memories of the hero Kenji. It is time to open Pandora’s Box to discover what is left at the bottom.
- Manga, 20/175 (1998)One Outs: Nobody wins, but I!Shuueisha Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkTokuchi Toua is a baseball pitcher who participates in a gambling game of 'One Outs' which is a one-one duel with the batter. The aim is to to strike out the batter before he can potentially score a run. Through a series of circumstances he ends up in a professional baseball team where he uses his gambling skills against opponents that will stop at nothing to crush him
- Manga, 10/74 (2003)Lunar Legend TsukihimeMedia WorksThrillerVisual NovelA childhood accident has left young Shiki Tohno with a very special ability. He can now see the hidden lines or weak points in all things—be they organic or inanimate. By striking or cutting along these lines Shiki can slice through virtually anything like a hot knife through butter. Unfortunately the gift comes packaged with a nearly irresistible urge to kill using this new ability. In the very first volume, a young girl falls prey to Shiki's killing lust. Yet she is apparently reborn unharmed and demanding Shiki's aid. Who is she and what could she want? More importantly, what is the fanged darkness, which shadows her every step?
- Manga, 8/79 (1996)Old BoyFutabasha Publishers Ltd.ThrillerOriginal WorkTen years ago, they took him. He doesn't know who. For ten years he has been confined in a private prison. He doesn't know why. For ten years his only contact with the outside world has been a television set and the voices of his jailers. In time, he lost himself. He changed . . . transformed himself into something else . . . something hard . . . something lethal. Suddenly one day, his incarceration ends, again without explanation. He is sedated, stuffed inside a trunk, and dumped in a park. When he awakes, he is free to reclaim what's left of his life . . . and what's left is revenge.
- Manga, 18/74 (2012)Bungo Stray DogsKadokawa ShotenThrillerOriginal WorkAfter young man Atsushi Nakajima saves a man from his wish of suicide, he and his friends join the "Arms Detective Company," a league of literary figures that also harness special powers.
- Manga, 4/36 (2003)HeadsShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkJunichi Naruse, a shy 22 year old, loves Megumi Hamura. He visits an estate agency to find a collective dwelling for him and his new love. But there, Junichi gets a bullet in his head by a robber. Now is the developing love on proof because he is comatose. The doctors saved his life and bring him back to consciousness in a difficult operation, however they keep details of the operation secret. Junichi find out that an other brain was used to save him. Noticing slowly some changes in his character and being discharged from the clinic, he try out to reveal the secrets. The changes he had to expect, the question if he can be the same as in the past and what are the other secrets of the doctors will be cleared in progress.
- Manga, 10/86 (2003)Karasuma Kyouko no JikenboGentousha Inc.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Light Novel, 7/40 (2009)The Empty Box and Zeroth MariaASCII Media WorksThrillerOriginal Work
- Manhwa, ? (2016)Killing StalkingLezhin Entertainment Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkYoon Bum, a scrawny quiet boy, has a crush on one of the most popular and handsome guys in school, Sangwoo. One day, with Yoonbum's obsession towards Sangwoo reaching its peak, Yoon Bum decides to enter Sangwoo's home. But what he saw inside was not the Sangwoo he had dreamed of.
- Manga, 4/12 (2010)ConductorKadokawa ShotenThrillerLight Novel
- Manga, 13/131 (2004)Tobaku Datenroku KaijiKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/5 (2008)Mirai Nikki: MosaicKadokawa ShotenThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 5/49 (2011)Green BloodKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 8/42 (2012)Vanilla FictionShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 6/23 (2009)LimitKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal WorkMizuki Konno is your typical high school junior at Yanno Prefectural High School. Like many teens her age, she is studying hard for college and when she has some downtime she likes to fuss over fashion and make-up. While she may not be one of the class elites, Mizuki is fortunate to be on the right side of her class's idols. But that might not settle well with those who are in a similar academic status but not so lucky with their social lives. Mizuki has determined in her diary who is a "have" and who is a "have not." The diary is discovered before a class fieldtrip and tensions are now at new heights. Fights may soon break out - and ironically they will come from those "meek and helpless" figures who supposedly have no friends or future. But all this is supplanted when tragedy strikes in the form of a traffic accident and the class is split into two new groups: the living and the dead!
- Manga, 12/75 (2009)Are You Alice?Ichijinsha Ltd.ThrillerOtherA disillusioned young man in search of “something” stumbles into the weird and wacky world of Wonderland, where, as “Alice,” he is thrust into a murderous game of “Kill the White Rabbit” by command of the ruler of the land, the Queen of Hearts. But while Alice rails against the role that has been forced upon him, he has little choice but to comply. For in Wonderland, not sticking to the script can have deadly consequences…
- Manga, 13/158 (1996)Tobaku Mokushiroku KaijiKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal WorkImpoverished loser Kaiji spends his days playing cheap gambling games, and vandalizing cars to take his frustrations out on society. One day a debt collector arrives, informing Kaiji that an unpaid loan he had co-signed for has now fallen upon him. The debt collector coerces him into boarding a gambling boat to clear the debt, and possibly make himself rich on top of that. Kaiji accepts, but he has no inkling of the horrors that await him ...
- Manga, 1/5 (2003)Yorugata Aijin Senmonten: Blood HoundHakusensha, Inc.ThrillerRion, a loud-mouthed schoolgirl, is convinced that her friend's disappearance is connected to a local male host club. She suspects Suou, a devilishly handsome young man at the club is responsible. Rion decides to work at the club in order to find her friend and solve the mysterious vampire-like murders that have been taking place recently.
- Manga, 12/105 (1990)SanctuaryShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkAkira Hojo and Chiaki Asami live different lives in Tokyo, Japan: Hojo is the leader of a small but rising Yakuza clan, while Asami is a politician aiming to become the youngest member of the Japanese parliament. But while they both live different ways, Hojo and Asami share the same past; both of them were survivors of the Killing Fields of Cambodia. With the aggression and survival instincts they learned in the Cambodian jungles, Hojo and Asami strive in both the Yakuza and political world to reform Japan into their own sanctuary.
- Manga, 1/4 (1996)KaineHakusensha, Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkShinogu’s twin brother is Kaine, the lead singer of one of the hottest bands in Japan. One night Shinogu get’s in a car crash with his brother, and when he wakes up, he finds his brother is dead, and everyone believes he is is twin, Kaine. Now forced with his brother’s identity, he finds out just what kind of life her brother led.
- Manga, 13/134 (2000)Tobaku Hakairoku KaijiKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, ? (2003)Death Note PilotShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkTaro Kagami has a hard time at school: He is often harassed and beaten up by his classmates. But his life changes significantly as he happens to find a black notebook with the inscription “Death Note”: Now Taro is haunted by the former owner of the Death Note, a shinigami called Ryuk. The grotesque creature tells Taro that any person whose name is written in the Death Note will die. Unluckily Taro has already used the notebook as a diary and mentioned some of his bullies in the entries. When he goes to school again, his class is told by his teacher that some students died for an unknown reason. As if that wasn’t enough, the police is searching for suspects. And Taro is one of them . . .
- Manga, 3/15 (2011)Life is MoneySquare Enix Co., Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/5 (2008)Mirai Nikki: ParadoxKadokawa ShotenThrillerOriginal WorkThe Manga "Mirai Nikki Paradox" has been transferred from Ace Assault to Young Ace.
- Manga, 19/168 (2007)Gamble FishThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/4 (2003)LineKadokawa ShotenThrillerChiko is an average, good-looking schoolgirl with several friends and limited athletic abilities. Then she found the cell phone and everything careens out of control. She receives a call on the phone and a voice on the other end tells her that someone she has never even met has only minutes to live. The voice urges her to save them before it's too late. Chiko, along with her friend Brando, takes it upon herself to stop this string of gruesome deaths and solve the mystery behind the phone calls that proceed each one.
- Manhwa, 7/46 (1997)IslandEnterbrain, Daewon Culture Industry Inc., TopComics Co.,Ltd.ThrillerOriginal WorkMiho, a woman of beauty, intelligence and temper, comes to Cheju Island to teach school and is immediately flung into a world of terror and the supernatural. A demon attacks her and she is saved by the chance appearance of a mystery man with seemingly only one mission ... demon killing.
- Manga, 2/17 (2014)Yuugai ToshiShuueisha Inc.DramaOriginal WorkThe year is 2019, just one year before the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. The country has implemented a "purification strategy" to eliminate all obscene material. One manga artist, Mikio Hibino, wants nothing more to publish his horror manga about a disease that turns humans into cannibals, but finds his "freedom of expression" is no longer welcome in the industry.
- Manga, 14/- (2013)Tomodachi GameKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 6/24 (2015)Rengoku Dead RoleKadokawa ShotenThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/5 (2006)Blood+ Kowloon NightsKadokawa ShotenThrillerThe story focuses on Haji before the events of the TV series. A detective is investigating some murders in Hong Kong. All the victims seem to have lost all their blood and the detective thinks that the mysterious man he's met might be connected to the incidents.
- Manga, 3/23 (2009)Steins;GateMedia FactoryThrillerVisual NovelWhat do you get when you cross a microwave with a cell phone? Apparently, a time machine! In Steins;Gate, self-proclaimed mad scientist Hououin Kyouma and the Future Gadgets team gain the ability to send text messages into the past, changing the present around them. While these temporal experiments may seem trivial at first, they eventually gain the attention some sinister people, leaving the Future Gadgets team struggling to repair time, save everyone’s lives, and possibly even save the world.