- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 40+/356+ (1989)BerserkHakusensha, Inc.ActionOriginal WorkHis name is Guts, the Black Swordsman, a feared warrior spoken only in whispers. Bearer of a gigantic sword, an iron hand, and the scars of countless battles and tortures, his flesh is also indelibly marked with The Brand, an unholy symbol that draws the forces of darkness to him and dooms him as their sacrifice. But Guts won't take his fate lying down; he'll cut a crimson swath of carnage through the ranks of the damned-and anyone else foolish enough to oppose him! Accompanied by Puck the Elf, more an annoyance than a companion, Guts relentlessly follows a dark, bloodstained path that leads only to death...or vengeance.
- Manga, 98+/1010+ (1997)One PieceShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkAs a child, Monkey D. Luffy dreamed of becoming King of the Pirates. But his life changed when he accidentally gained the power to stretch like rubber…at the cost of never being able to swim again! Now Luffy, with the help of a motley collection of pirate wannabes, is setting off in search of the "One Piece," said to be the greatest treasure in the world...
- Manga, 27/116 (2001)Fullmetal AlchemistSquare Enix Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkIn an alchemical ritual gone wrong, Edward Elric lost his arm and his leg, and his brother Alphonse became nothing but a soul in a suit of armor. Equipped with mechanical "auto-mail" limbs, Edward becomes a state alchemist, seeking the one thing that can restore his and his brother's bodies...the legendary Philosopher's Stone.
- Manhwa, 10/72 (2007)The BreakerDaewon Culture Industry Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal Work
- Manhwa, 3+/147+ (2018)Solo LevelingKakao Corp., D&C MediaAdventureLight Novel
- Manhwa, 20/203 (2010)The Breaker: New WavesDaewon Culture Industry Inc., DaumFighting-ShounenOriginal Work
- Manga, 34+/198+ (2009)Yona of the DawnHakusensha, Inc.AdventureOriginal WorkAfter a tragic betrayal by one of her closest friends, Yona must flee the castle and her sheltered life as a princess, and gain allies as well as personal strength in order to take back her rightful place as ruler.
- Manga, 23+/183+ (2012)One-Punch ManShuueisha Inc.Action ComedyOriginal WorkBlurb: Nothing about Saitama passes the eyeball test when it comes to superheroes, from his lifeless expression to his bald head to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking guy has a not-so-average problem—he just can’t seem to find an opponent strong enough to take on! Every time a promising villain appears, he beats the snot out of ’em with one punch! Can Saitama finally find an opponent who can go toe-to-toe with him and give his life some meaning? Or is he doomed to a life of superpowered boredom?
- Manga, 12/107 (2002)Elfen LiedShuueisha Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal WorkThe Diclonius, a mutated homo sapien that is said to be selected by God and will eventually become the destruction of mankind, possesses two horns in their heads, and has a "sixth sense" which gives it telekinetic abilities. Due to this dangerous power, they have been captured and isolated in laboratories by the government. Lucy, a young and psychotic Diclonius, manages to break free of her confines and brutally murder most of the guards in the laboratory, only to get shot in the head as she makes her escape. She survives and manages to drift along to a beach, where two teenagers named Kouta and Yuka discovers her. Having lost her memories, she was named after the only thing that she can now say, "Nyuu," and the two allow her to stay at Kouta's home. However, it appears that the evil "Lucy" is not dead just yet...
- Manga, 14/144 (2011)Tokyo GhoulShuueisha Inc.HorrorOriginal WorkHigh schooler Ken, who just barely escaped the fangs of death, reawakens as a ghoul. At first everything seems normal... until he finally feels a devastating appetite for human flesh. This, however, poses some rather moral questions as Ken would sooner kill himself than eat a human. His dilemma soon dissolves, however, as he discovers that a secret society of ghouls has long since been living right under the humans' noses.
- Manga, 34/139 (2009)Attack on TitanKodansha Ltd.HorrorOriginal WorkIn this post-apocalytpic sci-fi story, humanity has been devastated by the bizarre, giant humanoids known as the Titans. Little is known about where they came from or why they are bent on consuming mankind. Seemingly unintelligent, they have roamed the world for years, killing everyone they see. For the past century, what's left of man has hidden in a giant, three-walled city. People believe their 100-meter-high walls will protect them from the Titans, but the sudden appearance of an immense Titan is about to change everything.
- Manga, 77/704 (2003)Gin TamaShuueisha Inc.Nonsense-ComedyOriginal WorkThe samurai didn't stand a chance. First, the aliens invaded Japan. Next, they took all the jobs. And then they confiscated everyone's swords. So what does a hotheaded former samurai like Gintoki "Gin" Sakata do to make ends meet? Take any odd job that comes his way, even if it means losing his dignity.
- Manga, 36+/390+ (1998)Hunter × HunterShuueisha Inc.Action DramaOriginal WorkHunters are a special breed, dedicated to tracking down treasures, magical beasts, and even other men. But such pursuits require a license, and less than one in a hundred thousand can pass the grueling qualification exam. Those who do pass gain access to restricted areas, amazing stores of information, and the right to call themselves Hunters.
- Manga, 61+/645+ (2006)KingdomShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkTwo boys who work as slaves dream of becoming great generals. An opportunity arrises when one of the boys is taken away to the capital. However, he returns on the brink of death. Shin, the other boy, vows he will continue their dream. He does everything he has to to survive on the battlefield and become a superior commander. Starting from a 5 man team, he works his way up through every battle, every war, to get to the top.
- Manga, 8/65 (2003)PlutoShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkIn an ideal world where man and robots coexist, someone or something has destroyed the powerful Swiss robot Mont Blanc. Elsewhere a key figure in a robot rights group is murdered. The two incidents appear to be unrelated...except for one very conspicuous clue - the bodies of both victims have been fashioned into some sort of bizarre collage complete with makeshift horns placed by the victims' heads. Interpol assigns robot detective Gesicht to this most strange and complex case - and he eventually discovers that he too, as one of the seven great robots of the world, is one of the targets.
- Manga, 27/155 (2001)ClaymoreShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkIn a world where monsters called Yoma prey on humans and live among them in disguise, humanity's only hope is a new breed of warrior known as Claymores. Half human, half monster, these silver-eyed slayers possess supernatural strength but are condemned to fight their savage impulses or lose their humanity completely.
- Manga, 24/107 (2006)Pandora HeartsSquare Enix Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkThe air of celebration surrounding fifteen-year-old Oz Vessalius’s coming-of-age ceremony quickly turns to horror when he is condemned for a sin about which he knows nothing. He is thrown into an eternal, inescapable prison known as the Abyss from which there is no escape. There, he meets a young girl named Alice, who is not what she seems. Now that the relentless cogs of fate have begun to turn, do they lead only to crushing despair for Oz, or is there some shred of hope for him to grasp on to?
- Manga, 24+/166+ (2005)Vinland SagaKodansha Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkAs a child, Thorfinn sat at the feet of the great Leif Ericson and thrilled to wild tales of a land far to the west. But his youthful fantasies were shattered by a mercenary raid. Raised by the Vikings who murdered his family, Thorfinn became a terrifying warrior, forever seeking to kill the band’s leader, Askeladd, and avenge his father. Sustaining Throfinn through his ordeal are his pride in his family and his dreams of a fertile westward land, a land without war or slavery… the land Leif called Vinland.
- Manga, 10/95 (1997)HellsingShounen-Gahousha Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkThere's a secret organization somewhere in England created to defend the Queen and country from monsters of all sorts. Enter Hellsing, an agency, long in tooth, with the experience, know-how, and...er...equipment to handle the problems that arise when vampires, ghouls, and the like clamber from the darkness. "What equipment?" you may say. How about another vampire, souped up by generations of study and refinement, armed with a big pistol loaded with special silver bullets?
- Manhwa, 4+/485+ (2010)Tower of GodNaver CorporationAction DramaOriginal WorkBlurb What do you desire? Money and wealth? Honor and pride? Authority and power? Revenge? Or something that transcends them all? Whatever you desire — it’s here.
- Manga, 28/255 (1994)Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Swordsman Romantic StoryShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkOne hundred and forty years ago in Kyoto, with he coming of the American "Black Ships," there arose a warrior who, felling men with his bloodstained blade, gained the name Hitokiri, manslayer! His killer blade helped close the turbulent Bakumatsu era and slashed open the progressive age known as Meiji. Then he vanished, and with the flow of years, became legend.
- Manga, 28/232 (2003)Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLEKodansha Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkSAKURA AND SYAORAN RETURN! But they’re not the people you know. Sakura is the princess of Clow—and possessor of a mysterious, misunderstood power that promises to change the world. Syaoran is her childhood friend and leader of the archaeological dig that took his father’s life. They reside in an alternate reality . . . where whatever you least expect can happen—and does. When Sakura ventures to the dig site to declare her love for Syaoran, a puzzling symbol is uncovered—which triggers a remarkable quest. Now Syaoran embarks upon a desperate journey through other worlds—all in the name of saving Sakura.
- Manga, 42/519 (1984)Dragon BallShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkMeet a naive young monkey-tailed boy named Goku, whose quiet life changes when he meets Bulma, a girl who is on a quest to collect seven "Dragon Balls." If she gathers them all, an incredibly powerful dragon will appear and grant her one wish. But the precious orbs are scattered all over the world, and Bulma needs Goku's help (and his super-strength)! With a magic staff for a weapon and a flying cloud for a ride, Goku sets out on the adventure of a lifetime...
- Manga, 24/95 (2004)Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken: Steel Ball RunShuueisha Inc.AdventureOriginal WorkAmerica, 1890. The longest and largest race ever, the Steel Ball Run, is about to start. It's a race from San Diego, California all the way to New York City, New York, and while horses are the traditional racing medium, anything can be used. The winner is the one with the most points, via checkpoint placement, when they reach New York. The prize: $50,000,000. Gyro Zepelli, a mysterious man with an equally mysterious steel ball, is planning on winning the race. Johnny Joestar (JoJo) is a former jockey who's cockiness got him paralyzed from the legs down. An accidental contact with the steel ball made his leg twitch, so he's in the race to learn about Gyro's steel ball. But the challenges of Diego Brando, a popular European jockey, Pocoloco, a slave with the Devil's Luck, Sandman, a native american who is sprinting all the way to NYC, and others will make it hard for Gyro and JoJo to win.
- Manga, 9/53 (1990)Battle Angel AlitaShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkThis sophisticated, complex science fiction tale by master writer and artist Yukito Kishiro is full of action, black humor, and bizarre philosophical, historical, and cultural references. The heroine, Alita, is a powerful cyborg with a soft heart and a mysterious past. Her second lease on life isn't easy: her heart is broken, she gains and loses friends to the cruel world of the Scrapyard far below the Utopian city of Tiphares, and she serves many masters in her quest to protect the innocent and create a new life for herself. A cross between Star Trek and Blade Runner, this series constantly challenges the reader's definition of what it means to be human.
- Manga, 23+/84+ (2010)Noragami: Stray GodKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkYato is a homeless god. He doesn’t even have a shrine, not to mention worshippers! So to achieve his ambitious goals, he’s set up a service to help those in need (for a small fee), hoping he’ll eventually raise enough money to build himself the lavish temple of his dreams. Of course, he can’t afford to be picky, so Yato accepts all kinds of jobs, from finding lost kittens to helping a student overcome bullies at school.
- Manga, 129+/1304+ (1989)Hajime no IppoKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkWhat does "strong" really mean? Awkward high school student Ippo Makunouchi is a loner who gets bullied and thinks he's not tough enough to fight back. But a meeting with the boxer Mamoru Takamura reveals Ippo to be the possessor of a dynamite punch. Determined to become a pro, he takes the test to get into the Kamogawa training gym.
- Manga, 30+/309+ (2014)My Hero AcademiaShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkBlurb: What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks” at age four? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what would you do if you were one of the 20 percent who were born Quirkless? Middle school student Izuku Midoriya wants to be a hero more than anything, but he hasn’t got an ounce of power in him. With no chance of ever getting into the prestigious U.A. High School for budding heroes, his life is looking more and more like a dead end. Then an encounter with All Might, the greatest hero of them all, gives him a chance to change his destiny…
- Manga, 37/327 (1999)VagabondKodansha Ltd.AdventureNovelShinmen Takezo is destined to become the legendary sword-saint, Miyamoto Musashi--perhaps the most renowned samurai of all time. For now, Takezo is a cold-hearted killer, who will take on anyone in mortal combat to make a name for himself. This is the journey of a wild young brute who strives to reach enlightenment by way of the sword--fighting on the edge of death.
- Manga, 12+/107+ (2002)Black LagoonShougakukan Inc.ActionOriginal WorkLock n' load with the baddest group of mercenaries ever to hit the high seas of Southeast Asia! Aboard their World War II torpedo boat, the Black Lagoon, Dutch the Boss, Benny the Mechanic, Revy Two Hand, and Rock, the salaryman from Japan, deliver anything, anywhere. In the dangerous underworld of the Russian Mafia, Chinese triads, Colombian drug cartels, crazed assassins, and ruthless mercenaries, it's hard to know who to trust. But if you've got a delivery to make, and you don't mind a little property damage along the way, you can count on the crew of the Black Lagoon!
- Manga, 27+/239+ (2004)D.Gray-ManShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkA born exorcist, Walker's primary anti-akuma weapon is the cross that's embossed on his red, disfigured left hand, which contains Innocence. But not only does Walker destroy akuma, he sees the akuma hiding inside a person's soul! Together with his fellow exorcists fighting under the command of the Black Order, Walker leads the battle against the Millenium Earl, the evil being out to destroy mankind.
- Manga, 19/90 (2005)Full Metal Panic! SigmaKadokawa ShotenAction DramaLight NovelAfter discovering who betrayed Mithril and caused the seajacking occurance , Mao and kurz are assigned a top secret mission in order to seize and transport the traitor back.
- Manga, 14/96 (1994)Neon Genesis EvangelionKadokawa ShotenAction DramaAnimeIn 2015, the "Angels" have returned, and Shinji Ikari, a fourteen year-old child of the new Earth, is forced by his father Gendo--commander of the secret organization NERV--to pilot the monstrous biomechanical weapon called "Evangelion" to match the Angels' fearsome power...
- Manga, 14/66 (2007)Rosario + Vampire: Season IIShuueisha Inc.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkAverage human teenager Tsukune accidentally enrolls at a boarding school for monsters--no, not jocks and popular kids, but bona fide werewolves, witches and unnameables out of his wildest nightmares! On the plus side, all the girls have a monster crush on him. On the negative side, all the boys are so jealous they want to kill him! And so do the girls he spurns, because he only has eyes for one of them--the far-from-average vampire Moka. On the plus side, Moka only has glowing red eyes for Tsukune. On the O-negative side, she also has a burning, unquenchable thirst for his blood...
- Manga, 9+/45+ (2002)FinderBiblos Co., Ltd., libre inc.Action DramaOriginal WorkWhile on assignment trying to document the illegal activities of the Japanese underworld, photographer Takaba crosses paths with the dark and mysterious leader Asami. Asami takes Takaba captive, in an attempt to subjugate and possess him. But when the son of the Chinese mafia enters demanding evidence that Takaba may have, will Takaba be able to survive being caught in the crosshairs of a deadly underworld feud?
- Manga, 30+/167+ (2006)Black ButlerSquare Enix Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkJust a stone’s throw from London lies the manor house of the illustrious Phantomhive earldom and its master, one Ciel Phantomhive. Earl Phantomhive is a giant in the world of commerce, Queen Victoria’s faithful servant…and a slip of a twelve-year-old boy. Fortunately, his loyal butler, Sebastian, is ever at his side, ready to carry out the young master’s wishes. And whether Sebastian is called to save a dinner party gone awry or probe the dark secrets of London’s underbelly, there apparently is nothing Sebastian cannot do. In fact, one might even say Sebastian is too good to be true…or at least, too good to be human…
- Manga, 37/383 (2000)GantzShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkThe last thing Kei and Masaru remember was being struck dead by a subway train while saving the life of a drunken bum. What a waste! And yet somehow they're still . . . alive? Or semi-alive? Maybe it's reanimated . . . by some kind of alien orb with a nasty message . . . "Your lives are over. What you do with your new lives is up to me!" And what this orb called "Gantz" intends to do with their lives is make them play games of death, hunting all kinds of odd aliens, along with a bunch of other ordinary citizens who've recently met a tragic semi-end. The missions they embark upon are often dangerous. Many die-and die again.
- Manhwa, 25/543 (2007)NoblesseNaver CorporationAction DramaOriginal WorkBlurb Rai wakes up from 820-years long sleep and starts his new life as a student in a high school founded by his loyal servant,Frankenstein. But his peaceful days with other human students are soon interrupted by mysterious attackers known as the “Unions.”
- Manga, 99+/1069+ (1994)Case ClosedShougakukan Inc.Crime FictionOriginal WorkJimmy Kudo, the son of a world-renowned mystery writer, is a high school detective who has cracked the most baffling of cases. One day while on a date with his childhood friend Rachel Moore, Jimmy observes a pair of men in black involved in some shady business. The men capture Jimmy and give him a poisonous substance to rub out their witness. But instead of killing him, it turns him into a little kid! Jimmy takes on the pseudonym Conan Edogawa and continues to solve all the difficult cases that come his way. All the while, he's looking for the men in black and the mysterious organization they're with in order to find a cure for his miniature malady.
- Manga, 7/30 (1997)Kamikaze Kaito JeanneShuueisha Inc.Action DramaOriginal WorkBy day, Kusakabe Maron is an ordinary high school girl with more than her share of problems. But by night, she is Kamikaze Kaitou Jeannereincarnation of Joan of Arc! Her mission? Hunt down demonpossessed paintings and exorcise the evil spirits! But accomplishing this mission puts her in conflict with the authorities who only see her as a mysterious stranger vandalizing works of art. With only the help of angel-in-training Finn, she must survive high school during the day and fight evil by night!