- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 12/108 (2003)Death NoteShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkLight Yagami is an ace student with great prospects--and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal…or his life?
- Manga, 3/16 (2012)In These Words801 MediaDramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 8/44 (2012)ERASEDKadokawa ShotenThrillerOriginal WorkSatoru Fujinuma is a struggling manga artist who has the ability to turn back time and prevent deaths. When his mother is killed he turns back time to solve the mystery, but ends up back in elementary school, just before the disappearance of his classmate Kayo.
- Manga, 96/1037 (1994)Case ClosedShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkJimmy Kudo, the son of a world-renowned mystery writer, is a high school detective who has cracked the most baffling of cases. One day while on a date with his childhood friend Rachel Moore, Jimmy observes a pair of men in black involved in some shady business. The men capture Jimmy and give him a poisonous substance to rub out their witness. But instead of killing him, it turns him into a little kid! Jimmy takes on the pseudonym Conan Edogawa and continues to solve all the difficult cases that come his way. All the while, he's looking for the men in black and the mysterious organization they're with in order to find a cure for his miniature malady.
- Manga, 16/181 (2014)Tokyo Ghoul:reShuueisha Inc.HorrorOriginal WorkThe Commission of Counter Ghoul is the only organization fighting the Ghoul menace, and they will use every tool at their disposal to protect humanity from its ultimate predator. Their newest weapon in this hidden war is an experimental procedure that implants human investigators with a Ghoul’s Kagune, giving them Ghoul powers and abilities. But both the procedure and the newly formed Qs Squad are untested. Will they become heroes … or monsters?! Haise Sasaki has been tasked with teaching Qs Squad how to be outstanding Investigators, but his assignment is complicated by the troublesome personalities of his subordinates and his own uncertain grasp of his Ghoul powers. Can he pull this ragtag group together as a team, or will Qs Squad’s first assignment be their last?
- Manga, 8/48 (2001)GodchildHakusensha, Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkDeep in the heart of 19th century London, a young nobleman named Cain walks the shadowy cobblestone streets of the aristocratic society into which he was born. Forced to become an earl upon the untimely death of his father, Cain assumes the role of head of the Hargreaves, a noble family with a dark past. With Riff, his faithful manservant, and Mary Weather, his 10-year-old half sister, Cain investigates the mysterious crimes that seem to follow him wherever he goes.
- Light Novel, 1/8 (2006)Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder CasesShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkThere's a serial killer on the loose in Los Angeles and the local authorities need help fast. For some reason the killer has been leaving a string of maddeningly arcane clues at each crime scene. Each of these clues, it seems, is an indecipherable roadmap to the next murder. Onto the scene comes L, the mysterious super-sleuth. Despite his peculiar working habits - he's never shown his face in public, for example - he's the most decorated detective in the world and has never tackled a cased he hasn't been able to crack. But this time he needs help. Enlisting the services of an FBI agent named Naomi Misora, L starts snooping around the City of Angels. It soon becomes apparent that the killing spree is a psychotic riddle designed specifically to engage L in a battle of wits. Stuck in the middle between killer and investigator, it's up to Misora to navigate both the dead bodies and the egos to solve the Los Angeles BB Murder Cases.
- Manga, 1/28 (2009)Meitantei Conan vs. Kurozukume no OtokotachiShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/19 (2004)Meitantei Conan VS Kaitou KidShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 14/66 (2009)Shinrei Tantei YakumoKadokawa ShotenCrimeLight NovelBased on novel by Kaminaga Manabu. Shinrei tantei yakumo aka psychic detective yakumo tells a story about a college student, Saitou Yakumo who born with different eye colors. His red left eye gave him a special ability to see ghosts and spirits. He believes ghosts and spirits are bound to earth because of a certain 'cause' and simply by eliminating that 'cause' will those spirits rest in peace. Being asked for help by Ozawa Haruka, together they began the investigation.
- Manga, 5/30 (1987)Magic KaitoShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkKuroba Kaito loves to do magic, and he is a good performer. At high school, his childhood friend/girl friend tries to keep the boy inline. Of course Nakamori Aoko isn't gentle with the boy she'd never admit to loving. One morning, the classroom is filled with the talk about "Kaitou Kid," a jewerly thief who uses magic in his robberies. Kaito isn't impressed with this so called legend that reappeared after eight years, and says he could easily take the thief magic to magic. At home, thinking about his dead father who was also a magician, Kaito stumbles upon a hidden doorway in his room. He discovers his father was the original Kaitou Kid. But since he is dead, he wonders who the supposed Kaitou Kid from recent robberies is. Kaito puts on his father's hat and cape, becomes Kaitou Kid to search out the imposter.
- Light Novel, 1/23 (2007)Death Note: L, Change the WorldShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkIn an alternative continuity in the Death Note setting, ace detective L's name has been placed in a Death Note. He has twenty-three days to bring a terrorist group to justice, or they will use a deadly new virus to change the world...by killing off most of humanity.
- Manga, 3/13 (2006)Toaru Soragoto, Boku no HimitsuKadokawa ShotenCrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 12/77 (2012)HyoukaKadokawa ShotenCrimeLight Novel
- Manga, 18/74 (2012)Bungo Stray DogsKadokawa ShotenThrillerOriginal WorkAfter young man Atsushi Nakajima saves a man from his wish of suicide, he and his friends join the "Arms Detective Company," a league of literary figures that also harness special powers.
- Manga, 1/5 (2003)GothKadokawa ShotenCrimeLight Novel"Someone had taken apart her body in the forest. Her eyes, tongue, ears, thumbs, organs--each was nailed to a tree. One tree had, from top to bottom: the left big toe, the upper lip, the nose, and the stomach. Another had other bits of her arranged like Christmas tree decorations. The murder was soon the talk of the nation..." Otsuichi-san's GOTH comes at you with a relentless awe and a taste for the twisted. In this truly shocking tale of terror, two high school sociopaths become fixated on a local serial murderer. But rather than trying to prevent and solve the next murder, their obsession grows, taking them on a descent into a maniacal darkness in which the most nightmarish acts occur.
- Manga, 5/36 (1983)Adolf ni TsuguShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkIt is 1936 in Berlin, Nazi Germany. A Japanese reporter named Sohei Tohge is covering the Berlin Olympic Games for the Japanese press. As he sits in the Japanese press box watching the many track and field events of the day, he receives a call from his younger brother Isao, who has been studying in Germany as an international student. The two make plans to meet as Isao mentions he has something of importance to share with his sibling. While Sohei initially thinks his little brother may have found a young frau, Isao's tone is clearly that of one who is troubled by topics much heavier than romance. When Sohei arrives at Berlin University, he finds his brother's room has been through some sort of violent ordeal. A mysterious message was left on a note pad and a window was left wide open. And tangled in the branches of a tree directly below Isao's window rested his dead body. Isao was murdered. Sohei would immediately launch an investigation to the murder, but almost instantly all traces of information regarding his younger brother's study in Germany has vanished. The police were of no help. Isao's room was also cleared and rented out to another person. Even his building manager feined ignorance. It was as if he had never existed. Investigating the matter, it is later learned that this murder is connected to a document he mailed to Japan with information regarding Adolf Hitler. As events progress, the lives of three Adolfs, each from distinct origins, intertwine and become more and more tangled as Sohei Toge searches for his brother's murderer.
- Light Novel, 9/- (2003)GosickKadokawa Shoten, Fujimi ShobouCrimeOriginal WorkThe year is 1924, the place, Sauville, a small European country neatly tucked beside the Alps... Kazuya Kujo has been studying abroad at the prestigious Saint Marguerite Academy, where urban legends and horror stories are all the rage. Most Kazuya ignores--but the story of the Queen Berry, a mysterious ghost ship, really gets to him. Of course, his brainy friend Victorique is much more intrigued by true stories, and she uses her unrivaled logic to solve mysteries even the town's famous detective can't. Ironically, it's Victorique's inquisitive nature that leads the duo to board a ship that matches the Queen Berry's description to a tee, a ship that might just hold the key to solving a sinister mystery
- Manga, 1/21 (2014)Meitantei Conan: FBI SelectionShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 15/77 (2000)Spiral: The Bonds of ReasoningSquare Enix Co., Ltd.CrimeOriginal WorkWorld-class detective Kiyotaka Narumi’s last words prior to his sudden disappearance continue to haunt his younger brother, Ayumu. The cheeky 10th-grader becomes equally embroiled in the mystery of the doomed “Blade Children” when he is mistakenly named the prime suspect in a murder at his school. Led by Ayumu’s sister-in-law, Kiyotaka’s wife and fellow detective, Madoka, the investigation into the murder gives Ayumu a chance to clear his name. But in doing so, he not only uncovers ties to the Blade Children but also more questions than answers about who and what they are.
- Manga, 1/11 (1989)Ghost in the ShellKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkDeep into the twenty-first century, the line between man and machine has been inexorably blurred as humans rely on the enhancement of mechanical implants and robots are upgraded with human tissue. In this rapidly converging landscape, cyborg superagent Major Motoko Kusanagi is charged to track down the craftiest and most dangerous terrorists and cybercriminals, including “ghost hackers” who are capable of exploiting the human/machine interface and reprogramming humans to become puppets to carry out the hackers’ criminal ends. When Major Kusanagi tracks the cybertrail of one such master hacker, the Puppeteer, her quest leads her into a world beyond information and technology where the very nature of consciousness and the human soul are turned upside down.
- Manga, 5/30 (2010)Dantalian no ShokaKadokawa ShotenCrimeLight Novel
- Manga, 5/25 (1992)The Cain SagaHakusensha, Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkDelve into the tortured past of Earl Cain C. Hargreaves, charismatic heir to a wealthy family full of secrets, lies and unthinkable crimes. The prequel to the Godchild series, The Cain Saga follows the young Cain as he attempts to unravel the secrets of his birth, all the while solving each new mystery that comes his way
- Manga, 1/19 (2011)Meitantei Conan: Romantic SelectionShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 6/26 (2012)Kanshikan Tsunemori AkaneShuueisha Inc.CrimeAnimeThe series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" in the anime's title refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kōgami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world. (from TV)
- Manga, 23/202 (2005)Majin Tantei Nougami NeuroShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkYako's father was murdered in a locked room. She then meets a man named Neuro Nougami who is a demon from Hell who eats "riddles." He forces Yako to act as a detective so he can solve mysteries. Neuro longs to eat the ultimate mystery.
- Manga, 1/5 (2010)Usotsuki Mi-kun to Kowareta Ma-chan Totteoki no UsoKadokawa ShotenDramaLight NovelA boy and a girl, kidnapped and tortured at a young age, freed from their captivity only through the death of their captor, reunite several years later. Both broken and with their own mental problems try to make do and care for the other in a town where kidnappings and murders happen on a daily basis. A sweet and somewhat comic story of a couple, bound by mutual feelings as well as a cruel past.
- Manga, 16/116 (2011)Dimension WSquare Enix Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkHumanity harnessed a new inexhaustible energy from inventions called "Coils" in 2051. In 2072, a skilled recovery specialist named Kyōma Mabuchi encounters a mysterious, beautiful woman right in the middle of a certain job. It is a fateful encounter that opens the door to the new dimension "W."
- Manga, 1/19 (2012)Meitantei Conan: Soccer SelectionShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/28 (2016)Meitantei Conan vs. Kurozukume no Otoko-tachi Part.3Shougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 13/69 (2002)SwitchSquare Enix Co., Ltd.CrimeKai Eto may look like a squeaky clean kid, but the Greater Kanto Narcotics Control Division's new investigator hides a violent alter ego and a dangerous past. With his stoic partner Hal Kurabayashi, Kai is assigned to track down and stop the distribution of Dragon Speed, a dangerous new drug. But Ryugen, the syndicate trafficking the drug, is almost impossible to infiltrate. Add street violence and a jurisdiction war with the Meguro Police, and poor Kai is in for some very long days at the office.
- Manga, 5/10 (2007)Mouryou no HakoKadokawa ShotenHorrorNovel
- Manga, 17/242 (1973)Black JackAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkBlack Jack is a mysterious and charismatic young genius surgeon who travels the world performing amazing and impossible medical feats. Though a trained physician, he refuses to accept a medical license due to his hatred and mistrust of the medical community's hypocrisy and corruption. This leads Black Jack to occasional run-ins with the authorities, as well as from gangsters and criminals who approach him for illegal operations. Black Jack charges exorbitant fees for his services, the proceeds from which he uses to fund environmental projects and to aid victims of crime and corrupt capitalists. But because Black Jack keeps his true motives secret, his ethics are perceived as questionable and he is considered a selfish, uncaring devil. The Black Jack series is told in short stories. Each volume will contain 16-20 stories, each running approximately 20-24 pages in length. Black Jack is recognized as Osamu Tezuka's third most famous series, after Astro Boy and Kimba, the White Lion.
- Manga, 3/16 (1998)Kagen no TsukiShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkInjured by a car accident while looking for her missing cat, Hotaru, an elementary school girl, was hospitalized. During her stay in the hospital, she met an apparition of a friendly high school girl in her dream, who gave her a ring as a token of friendship. After her recovery, Hotaru and her friends set out to find the mysterious figure, not knowing they are about to unravel a stranded love story beyond their comprehension.
- Manga, 1/3 (2004)Perfume MasterHakusensha, Inc.CrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 3/22 (2011)ProphecyShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkA newspaper-masked vigilante who broadcasts his acts of vengeance before committing them. A newly-formed police division tackling the new frontier of internet-based crime. As the sun rises on the Era of Information, can a group of people who found themselves at the bottom of the food chain rattle society through the web and avenge a fallen friend?
- Manga, 1/31 (2015)Meitantei Conan vs. Kurozukume no Otoko-tachi Part.2Shougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/19 (2012)Boku to Senpai no Tekken KousaiMedia FactoryRomantic ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 13/75 (1996)Descendants of DarknessHakusensha, Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkThe business of Death is never done. Asato Tsuzuki works as a Shinigami, or "Guardian o Death," in the Ministry of Hades. It's his duty to make sure that the souls of the dead reach the afterlife, but contrary ghosts and humanity's evils keep getting in the way of a job well done. With all these problem assignments, will he ever get a bonus...or will he be stuck paying back damages for all eternity?
- Manga, ? (2003)Death Note PilotShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkTaro Kagami has a hard time at school: He is often harassed and beaten up by his classmates. But his life changes significantly as he happens to find a black notebook with the inscription “Death Note”: Now Taro is haunted by the former owner of the Death Note, a shinigami called Ryuk. The grotesque creature tells Taro that any person whose name is written in the Death Note will die. Unluckily Taro has already used the notebook as a diary and mentioned some of his bullies in the entries. When he goes to school again, his class is told by his teacher that some students died for an unknown reason. As if that wasn’t enough, the police is searching for suspects. And Taro is one of them . . .