- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 6/66 (2004)Crimson SpellTokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkThe curse of the magical crimson sword has turned Prince Bald into a monster.. To break the spell, he sets out on a journey with the sexy and gorgeous magician, Havi. Bald has no idea that when he turns into a beast at night, Havi uses his unique talents to pacify his beastly appetite.. The luscious journey of Bald and Havi begins.
- Manga, 8/57 (1999)Chrno CrusadeFujimi ShobouActionOriginal WorkAmerica in the Roaring 20s. On the surface, it's a positive, peaceful time after the violence of the Great War. But lurking in the shadows is a dark element ready to snatch that peace away. Sister Rosette Christopher, an exorcist working as a part of the Magdala Order, has a duty to fight the demons which appear and cause destruction. But along with her companion Chrono, she usually ends up causing more destruction than the demons themselves! On one particular mission, they meet a young girl with a beautiful voice named Azmaria, who is being targeted by her own stepfather. As Rosette and Chrno work to save her, more is revealed about the relationship between them. There is more to these two than meets the eye.
- Manga, 7/30 (2001)Full MoonShuueisha Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal WorkYoung Mitsuki loves singing and dreams of becoming a pop star. Unfortunately, a malignant tumor in her throat prevents her from pursuing her passion. However, her life turns around when two surprisingly fun-loving harbingers of death appear to grant Mitsuki a temporary reprieve from her illness and give her singing career a magical push start.
- Manga, 3/12 (2011)Puella Magi Madoka MagicaHoubunsha Co. Ltd.DramaAnimeWhen a new girl joins her class, Madoka Kaname feels she recognizes the mysterious, dark-haired transfer student from one of her dreams...a dream where she is approached by a cat-like creature who offers Madoka an opportunity to change destiny. Madoka had always thought magic was the stuff of fantasy...until she sees the transfer student fighting with the very cat-being from her dream! And just like in Madoka's dream, the cat gives her a choice: Will Madoka become a Puella Magi in exchange for her dearest desire? What will be the cost of having her wish come true?
- Manga, 22/123 (2007)KarnevalIchijinsha Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkNai is searching for someone. Gareki is a thief. The two of them are framed and forced to join an organization called "Circus".
- Manga, 19/76 (2001)O-Parts HunterSquare Enix Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkIn a not too distant future, mankind battles over O-Parts, powerful relics from an ancient civilization. Jio is a young boy with a tragic past who only trusts one thing in the world: money. Little does he suspect that he is also a very powerful O-Parts Tactician (O.P.T.), and inside him sleeps a demon of incredible ferocity. With his partner, Ruby, Jio embarks on a dangerous quest to acquire as many O-Parts as he can.
- Manga, 17/88 (2006)Broken BladeFlex Comix Inc., Aplix IP Holdings Corporation, SB Creative Corp., Holp Shuppan Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkRygart Arrow is the only one in his world who lacks the inherent ability to power up quartz, the energy source that makes all of the machines run. Good thing the King and Queen of his country of Krisna happen to be old college friends! But so is Zess, the leader of the army of mechs invading Krisna. As usual, Arrow feels useless in the face of battle, until he comes across a powerful, ancient battle suit that no one else can run. His natural affinity for the suit's operating mechanism may just turn Arrow into the most important player of all.
- Manga, 6/35 (2008)Alice in the Country of HeartsIchijinsha Ltd.AdventureVideo GameA sudden kidnapping and a dark, mysterious hole...Handsome men with guns and bunny ears...A suspicious game of survival...Wonderland is officially at war! And Alice is trapped in the middle of it all. Will she ever make it out alive? A little arrogant, stubborn and determined to get back home, Alice isn't fazed by these challenges...until she wanders the strange country only to find that every man is weirdly in love with her and all the inhabitants are gun crazy and ready to kill without remorse. What is going on in Wonderland?!...A hilarious, dangerous tale of Alice the likes of which you've never seen before!
- Manga, 7/47 (2013)Sword Art Online: ProgressiveASCII Media WorksAdventureLight NovelYuuki Asuna was a top student who spent her days studying at cram school and preparing for her high school entrance exams—but that was before she borrowed her brother's virtual reality game system and wound up trapped in Sword Art Online with ten thousand other frightened players. As time passes, Asuna fears what will become of her life outside the fantasy realm—the failure she might be seen as in the eyes of her peers and parents. Unwilling to wait on the sidelines for more experienced gamers to beat the game, Asuna employs her study habits to learn the mechanics of the game—and swordplay. Her swiftness impresses Kirito, a professional gamer who invites Asuna to join the best players on the front line. Is Asuna ready to swap class rankings for player rankings and join Kirito?
- Manga, 18/181 (2012)Gokukoku no BrynhildrShuueisha Inc.DramaOriginal WorkSchool boy Ryōta Murakami, who cannot forget his female childhood friend whom he let die in an accident, feeling that he must fulfill their promise of proving the existence of aliens, he has continuously looked up at the sky as a member of the astronomy club. One day, a girl named Neko Kuroha who looks exactly like his childhood friend appears as a transfer student. It turns out that she is a magic-user that has run away from a research lab.
- Manga, 25/210 (2008)Nura: Rise of the Yokai ClanShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkWhile the day belongs to humans, the night belongs to yokai,supernatural creatures that thrive on human fear. Caught between these worlds is Rikuo Nura. He's three-quarters human, but his grandfather is none other than Nurarihyon, the supreme commander of the Nura clan, a powerful yokai consortium. So, Rikuo is an ordinary teenages three quarters of the time, until his yokai blood awakens. Then Rikuo transforms into the future leader of the Nura clan, leading a hundred demons.
- Manga, 10/99 (2006)M×0Shuueisha Inc.Action ComedyOriginal WorkMx0 follows the adventures of a young, hasty man named Taiga Kuzumi. During an interview to settle if he may attend Seinagi Private High School, Taiga is asked what would he want to try if he could use magic. "Conquer the world" is his reply and it is followed by a laughter of a cute girl named Aika Hiiragi. Realizing how rude it was of her to laugh at Taiga’s answer she tries to apologize, eventually grasping his hands with tears in her eyes. After that point, he does not remember much else about the interview, but after all he failed to enter the school. Blaming the girl for being rejected, he goes to Seinagi to confront her about it. However, a teacher mistakes Taiga for a student skipping class and pulls him through a strange energy barrier surrounding the school. Not realizing what has just occurred, he has set foot on a school teaching its students how to use magic.
- Manga, 9/27 (2005)SuperiorSquare Enix Co., Ltd.Action ComedyOriginal WorkThe demon queen killed over half of the world population. Surviving members of the human race elected a hero to kill all the demons. But the hero doesn't want to eradicate the demons, because they are also living beings with emotions. The demon queen became interested in his principles and joined his journey while hiding her identity...
- Manhwa, 21/210 (2006)Witch BusterDaewon Culture Industry Inc.ActionOriginal WorkIn a world where witches have declared war against humanity, the surviving human population has gathered specialists with the power to hunt and destroy witches. Tasha Godspell, also known as the "Magic Marksman," is one of the best Witch Hunters there is. Along with his sword-wielding Jack-o’-Lantern partner known as Halloween, Tasha puts his magical training and weaponry to good use, in his constant battles against witches. And yet, he cannot bring himself to fully hate the very witches he is tasked to destroy.
- Manga, 6/39 (2004)Kobato.Kadokawa Shoten, Shougakukan Inc.Romantic DramaOriginal WorkMeet Kobato Hanato, a sweet and rather simple young girl on a quest to have her single, dearest wish granted. But first, she must learn the ways of the world from Ioryogi-san, a gruff blue dog whose bark is just as bad as his bite! Under his “tutelage” (read: constant verbal abuse), Kobato puts her efforts into passing various trials of common sense so that she may obtain the key to getting her wish—a magic bottle which must be filled with the suffering of wounded hearts that Kobato herself has healed. But with Kobato’s common sense sorely lacking, she keeps flunking Ioryogi-san’s trials left and right! It looks like the road that lies ahead of Kobato will be a long one indeed!
- Manga, 6/28 (2009)Superior †Square Enix Co., Ltd.Action ComedyOriginal WorkThe demon queen is the most powerful monster who and destroyed most of the human race. Now the surviving members of the human race appointed a hero to slay the demon queen and thus saving the world from her powers. However, he does not kill any monsters throughout his mission: "they too are conscious and alive." Sheila, the Demon Queen, became very interested in him and joined his group, hiding her identity to eventually slaughter him when she gains his trust. Sheila eventually realizes that sheila is in love with the hero, and hence their journey begins...
- Manga, 4/22 (2003)Merupuri: Marchen PrinceHakusensha, Inc.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkAll high school freshman Airi Hoshina ever wanted was to someday live in a cozy home with a loving husband, and find joy in the little things in life. As a result, she makes it her daily mission to get to school on time because school legend has it that the longer one's non-tardy streak is, the better boyfriend one will find. But just when her daily routine is working like clockwork, an occurrence of fairytale proportions threatens to disrupt her grand plan.
- Manga, 10/74 (2003)Lunar Legend TsukihimeMedia WorksThrillerVisual NovelA childhood accident has left young Shiki Tohno with a very special ability. He can now see the hidden lines or weak points in all things—be they organic or inanimate. By striking or cutting along these lines Shiki can slice through virtually anything like a hot knife through butter. Unfortunately the gift comes packaged with a nearly irresistible urge to kill using this new ability. In the very first volume, a young girl falls prey to Shiki's killing lust. Yet she is apparently reborn unharmed and demanding Shiki's aid. Who is she and what could she want? More importantly, what is the fanged darkness, which shadows her every step?
- Manga, 17/99 (2005)07-GhostIchijinsha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkTeased unmercifully for his past as an orphan and a slave, Teito has only his best friend Mikage and his mastery of the magical art of Zaiphon to ease his days at the elite Barsburg Academy. But even they will not be enough to save him when he discovers a horrifying secret behind the ruling Empire. Trapped in an ancient battle between a wicked God and Seven Ghosts, with only three mysterious priests to guide him, Teito discovers a power that could save the world...and shed light on his own mysterious past.
- Manga, 3/19 (2011)Konya mo NemurenaiGentousha Inc.RomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 63/594 (1986)JoJo's Bizarre AdventureShuueisha Inc.AdventureOriginal WorkIn a Japanese jail sits 17-year-old Jotaro Kujo: punk, fighter, delinquent...and possessed by a force beyond his control! Around the world, evil spirits are awakening: "Stands," monstrous invisible creatures which give their bearers incredible powers. To save his mother's life, Jotaro must tame his dark forces and travel around the world to Cairo, Egypt, where a hundred-year-old vampire thirsts for the blood of his family. But the road is long, and an army of evil Stand Users waits to kill JoJo and his friends...
- Manga, 11/40 (2015)Platinum EndShuueisha Inc.DramaOriginal WorkProtagonist Mirai Kakehashi is a boy unable to find the hope to live. On the day of his junior high graduation ceremony, while his classmates are taking part in the festivities, he's alone. So begins the story of "angels and humans."
- Manga, 11/88 (2013)Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon?Square Enix Co., Ltd.AdventureLight NovelBell Cranell is a rookie adventurer and the sole member of his dirt-poor guild founded by the petite goddess Hestia. Adventurers come from far and wide looking to strike it big in the massive labyrinth known as The Dungeon, located beneath the city of Orario. Bell is more interested in picking up girls than Dungeon-crawling, but his reality check comes sooner than expected. Saved from a brush with death by the beautiful, renowned adventurer Aiz Wallenstein, Bell falls head-over-heels and sets his sights on winning her heart. (from manga)
- Manga, 10/68 (2005)Shakugan no ShanaMedia WorksActionLight NovelYuji Sakai is beginning what he thinks will be another boring year of school. But everything changes when the world around him stops, the surrounding people are engulfed in blue flames and a freakish doll-like creature begins sucking them up! Before Yuji suffers the same fate, a young redheaded girl with a sword appears and saves him. Yuji is drawn into the struggle between these creatures from another world: the Crimson Denizens and the girl Shana, called Flame Haze. He too has a crucial role to play in the conflict, despite the fact that...he's dead!
- Manga, 5/24 (2007)March StoryShougakukan Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 15/130 (1989)Video Girl AiShuueisha Inc.RomanceOriginal WorkHigh-school student Youta Moteuchi is so unpopular that his classmates have given him the nickname "Dateless." So it's no surprise when the love of his life, Moemi, is not interested in Youta but instead is in love with Yota's best friend, Takashi. Youta turns to a video rental shop for comfort, but little did he suspect that the shop was magical and that the cute girl on his rented tape would pop out of the television and try to fix his ruined love life!
- Manhwa, 29/178 (2002)Id: The Greatest Fusion FantasyRandom House Korea Inc.Action ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 35/296 (1999)Rave MasterKodansha Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkSixteen-year-old Haru Glory has never left the cozy confines of Garage Island. He likes fishing and eating snowcones on the beach -- not exactly the lifestyle of a hero-in-the-making. Meanwhile, in the wider world, the evil society Demon Card is threatening civilization as we know it. When they come to Garage Island, unleash the destructive power of the Dark Bring and start messing with his friends, Haru is forced into action. With the help of a transforming sword and his magical guide Plue, Haru sets out on the most harrowing quest of his young live: to find the five missing RAVE Stones -- which hold the key to victory over the Dark Bring -- and to kick some major Demon Card butt.
- Manga, 12/48 (2005)Shugo Chara!Kodansha Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkEverybody at Seiyo Elementary thinks that stylish and super cool Amu has it all: But nobody knows the real Amu, a shy girl who wishes she had the courage to truly be herself. Changing Amu’s life is going to take more than wishes and dreams–it’s going to take a little magic! One morning, Amu finds a surprise in her bed: three strange little eggs. Each egg contains a Guardian Character, an angel-like being who can give her the power to be someone new. With the help of her Guardian Characters, Amu is about to discover that her true self is even more amazing than she ever dreamed.
- Manga, 13/53 (2009)Dawn of the ArcanaShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkPrincess Nakaba of Senan is forced to marry Prince Caesar of the enemy country Belquat, tantamount to becoming a hostage. While Caesar is pleasing to the eye, he is also selfish and possessive, telling Nakaba outright: “You are my property.” With only her attendant Loki at her side, Nakaba must find a way to cope with her hostile surroundings, her fake marriage...and a mysterious power!
- Manga, 30/206 (1993)Blade of the ImmortalKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkTo end his immortal suffering, he must slay one thousand enemies! Manji, a ronin warrior of feudal Japan, has been cursed with immortality. To rid himself of this curse, to regain his mortality, and to end his life of misery, he must slay one thousand evil men! His quest begins when a young girl seeks his help in taking revenge on her parents' killers . . . and his quest won't end until the blood of a thousand has spilled!
- Manga, 1/6 (2012)Kuroneko Kareshi no AsobikataShinshokan Co., Ltd.RomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 8/66 (2011)MagicoShuueisha Inc.AdventureOriginal WorkIn a vast world, Emma, a girl with something lurking inside her, meets the magician Shion, What is the Magico ritual that will bind them together. Even if they risk their lives to tread a path of thorns, A new kind of magical fantasy begins.
- Light Novel, 13/- (2012)OverlordEnterbrainActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 12/50 (1996)Cardcaptor Sakura (Master of the Clow)Kodansha Ltd.Action ComedyOriginal WorkThe engaging tale of Sakura, an average 4th grade girl, who accidentally finds an enchanted book called The Clow in her father's library. The book once contained a set of magical Clow Cards, but they all escaped while the guardian of the book fell asleep. Now, Sakura is thrust into a mystical journey to capture all the Clow Cards before they wreak chaos and destruction.
- Manga, 12/67 (1998)Shadow StarKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkFrom a dying planet shall come the children of light...While on vacation on a small island, young Shiina Tamai dives under the water near an old shrine and discovers an unearthly starfish-like creature. She nearly drowns but is rescued by the silent, wide-eyed little animal, who Shiina befriends and names Hoshimaru. To Shiina`s surprise and delight, the creature changes shape, lets Shiina stand on him, and the two fly off into the clouds. But what looks to be a young girl`s ultimate fantasy soon takes a darker turn as Shiina and Hoshimaru become entangled in a struggle between rival extraterrestrial factions who battle in the skies upon huge alien beasts called Shadow Dragons, with the fate of Earth hanging in the balance.
- Manga, 1/7 (2013)Ren'ai PrismTokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.RomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 48/308 (1989)Oh My Goddess!Kodansha Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkCan one phone call change your life? This one quite possibly could! Keiichi is spending the evening alone in his dorm room, taking phone messages for his brutish roommate. When he misdials his take-out order and instead of dinner gets the goddess Belldandy, he's unknowingly bitten off more than he can chew. She grants him a single wish and he jokingly wishes for a beautiful goddess like Belldandy. But the joke's on him when he gets what he wished for!
- Manga, 56/558 (1996)Inu-YashaShougakukan Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkKagome, a modern-day high school girl, is pulled into Japan's ancient past! There, her destiny is linked to a dog-eared half demon named Inuyasha. Together, they battle evil demons who seek to acquire the shards of the legendary Shikon Jewel and wield its incredible power. But can Kagome and Inuyasha stop feuding with each other long enough to save the feudal or modern world--let alone both?
- Manga, 5/29 (2016)Witch Hat AtelierKodansha Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkMagic can only be used by those born a witch, everyone else can only live a normal life without magic. In a small village in the countryside lives Coco, she has always been interested in magic, but she’s not one of the lucky ones who can use it. She spends her days dreaming about using magic and playing make-believe while helping her mother with the tailoring shop, until one day a flying chariot comes from the sky and a mysterious client visits her shop.