- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 8/88 (2000)ChobitsKodansha Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkChi isn't your average humanoid computer. She can't do word processing, she can't connect to the net, and she's incapable of interfacing with other persocoms ... but when the hapless, technophobic Hideki rescues her from the scrap heap and takes her home, he finds that she may be more advanced than her childlike behavior lets on ...
- Manga, 18/162 (2006)To Love RuShuueisha Inc.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkRito is a high-school boy who just can't confess to the girl of his dreams, Haruna-chan. One day when coming home and sulking in the bath-tub a mysterious, and barely clothed girl, appears out of nowhere. Her name is Lala and she comes from another planet...
- Manga, 25/123 (2007)KarnevalIchijinsha Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkNai is searching for someone. Gareki is a thief. The two of them are framed and forced to join an organization called "Circus".
- Manga, 7/47 (2013)Sword Art Online: ProgressiveASCII Media WorksAdventureLight NovelYuuki Asuna was a top student who spent her days studying at cram school and preparing for her high school entrance exams—but that was before she borrowed her brother's virtual reality game system and wound up trapped in Sword Art Online with ten thousand other frightened players. As time passes, Asuna fears what will become of her life outside the fantasy realm—the failure she might be seen as in the eyes of her peers and parents. Unwilling to wait on the sidelines for more experienced gamers to beat the game, Asuna employs her study habits to learn the mechanics of the game—and swordplay. Her swiftness impresses Kirito, a professional gamer who invites Asuna to join the best players on the front line. Is Asuna ready to swap class rankings for player rankings and join Kirito?
- Manga, ? (2009)One Punch-ManAction ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 18/181 (2012)Gokukoku no BrynhildrShuueisha Inc.DramaOriginal WorkSchool boy Ryōta Murakami, who cannot forget his female childhood friend whom he let die in an accident, feeling that he must fulfill their promise of proving the existence of aliens, he has continuously looked up at the sky as a member of the astronomy club. One day, a girl named Neko Kuroha who looks exactly like his childhood friend appears as a transfer student. It turns out that she is a magic-user that has run away from a research lab.
- Manga, 22/88 (2012)Darwin’s GameAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 18/88 (2006)Broken BladeFlex Comix Inc., Aplix IP Holdings Corporation, SB Creative Corp., Holp Shuppan Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkRygart Arrow is the only one in his world who lacks the inherent ability to power up quartz, the energy source that makes all of the machines run. Good thing the King and Queen of his country of Krisna happen to be old college friends! But so is Zess, the leader of the army of mechs invading Krisna. As usual, Arrow feels useless in the face of battle, until he comes across a powerful, ancient battle suit that no one else can run. His natural affinity for the suit's operating mechanism may just turn Arrow into the most important player of all.
- Manga, 37/357 (2002)Air GearKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkItsuki Minami is a junior high school student with a dream - to become the best Air Track player in town. It won't be easy, as he faces a lot of competition from boys and girls alike. What is Air Track? Just the latest craze that involves taking a two-wheel inline skate and adding a motor, new suspension and a shock absorber to enable the wearer to execute the wildest, wackiest, most aggressive moves you can imagine. Ikki has a lot to learn as he fights his way to the top in this wild, sexy manga. **** Itsuki Minami needs no introduction - everybody's heard of the 'Babyface' of the East-side. He's the toughest kid at Higashi Junior High School, easy on the eyes but dangerously tough when he needs to be. Plus Itsuki lives with the mysterious and sexy Noyamano sisters, so life's never dull. But it gets downright dangerous when Itsuki leads his school to victory over some vindictive Westside punks with gangster connections. Now he stands to lose his school, his friends, and everything he cares about. Then the Noyamano girls give him an amazing gift, one that just might help him save his school: a pair of Air Tracks. These high-tech skates are more than just supercool. They'll enable Itsuki to execute the wildest, most aggressive moves ever seen - and then bring him to a thrilling and terrifying new world.
- Manga, 7/72 (2000)SaiKanoShougakukan Inc.Romantic DramaOriginal WorkShy Chise and nervous Shuuji are high school seniors in a small town and have just started dating. But everything changes when Shuuji discovers that Chise has been engineered by the Japanese Self Defense Force to transform into the Ultimate Weapon! Soon Chise is torn between realizing her potential as a devastating fighting force and her desire to share a bowl of ramen with her new boyfriend!
- Light Novel, 25/- (2009)Accel WorldASCII Media WorksActionOriginal WorkBlurb Even in the future, all the advances and innovation in the world can’t change the dynamics of the school playground. And for Haruyuki Arita, a fat kid in junior high, that means he’s destined to always be at the bottom of the food chain, prime pickings for the school bullies. But when he is approached by Kuroyukihime, a beautiful and aloof upperclassman, Haruyuki’s life is turned on its head as he dives into Brain Burst, a mysterious computer program, and the Accelerated World with her help. It’s in the Accel World that Haruyuki casts off his depressing reality and takes hold of the chance to become a Burst Linker, a knight to protect his princess!
- Manga, 11/96 (2007)Bloody MondayKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkTakagi Fujimaru may seem like a regular high school student, but behind his cheery facade lies a genius hacker by the name of Falcon. When his father is framed for a murder, Falcon uses his brilliant hacking skills to try and protect his sister and clear his father's name. However, he finds that his father, an agent in an elite government agency, was involved with something far more complex than a simple murder. A terrorist group is plotting against the city of Tokyo, and it's up to Falcon, with the help of his friends, to unravel the twisted plans set in place to kill millions of people.
- Manga, 11/65 (2003)Bokurano: OursShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkOne summer, fifteen kids innocently wander into a nearby seaside cave. There they meet a strange man who invites them to play an exciting new video game. This game, he explains, pits one lone giant robot against a horde of alien invaders. To play the game, all they have to do is sign a simple contract. The game stops being fun when the kids find out the true purpose of their pact.
- Manga, 1/10 (2004)The Voices of a Distant StarKodansha Ltd.Romantic DramaAnimeIn a future filled with a boundless potential for interstellar peace and prosperity, Mikako joins a research team to explore the recent contact between humans and alien races. She ventures out into space, leaving behind Noboru, the one young man she loves. As she travels deeper into this new frontier, her only connection with her boyfriend is through cell-phone text messages. But the years pass, and Mikako barely ages in the timelessness of space--while Noboru grows older and considers moving on with his life...
- Manga, 48/308 (1989)Oh My Goddess!Kodansha Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkCan one phone call change your life? This one quite possibly could! Keiichi is spending the evening alone in his dorm room, taking phone messages for his brutish roommate. When he misdials his take-out order and instead of dinner gets the goddess Belldandy, he's unknowingly bitten off more than he can chew. She grants him a single wish and he jokingly wishes for a beautiful goddess like Belldandy. But the joke's on him when he gets what he wished for!
- Manga, 33/225 (2007)FreezingKill Time Communication, Haksan Publishing Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkExtraterrestrial beings have invaded our garden world, hellbent on wiping humanity off the face of the planet. The only hope is a specialized force of genetically-engineered female “Pandoras” and their male partners known as “Limiters,” who represent the last line of defense against a horrific alien force. Kazuya Aoi is a Limiter who enrolls in a prestigious academy that trains genetically-engineered soldiers. Having made a promise to his Pandora sister who died in battle, Kazuya must overcome his sadness and become the best he can be. His first major obstacle is a frigid second-year student known as Satellizer el Bridget, who has remained undefeated in combat simulation. Does Kazuya have what it takes to beat her, while readying himself for an impending war?
- Manga, 26/217 (2005)Until Death Do Us PartSquare Enix Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkHaruka Touyama is a twelve-year-old girl with incredible precognitive abilites. But her accuracy in predicting the future has made her a target for any number of greedy corporations that would use her power for their own profits. After she is taken from her family, Haruka uses her gift to seek out someone who can help her escape her captors and fixes upon a blind man making his way through the busy streets of Tokyo. Though it may seem an odd choice, Haruka's powers have not led her wrong. Despite his inability to see, her chosen protector's fighting skills become apparent when he draws a sword from his walking stick and takes out a corporation's thugs. Haruka knows she will always be pursued and begs the mystery swordsman to keep her safe..."until death do us part."
- Manga, 20/226 (2002)ZetmanShuueisha Inc.Action DramaOriginal WorkJin, a mysterious kid with a halo carved in his hand, and extraordinary fighting skills, lives with his grandfather in a beggar's community. In other place, the old scientist Amagi is searching for professor Kanzaki, to ask him for the whereabouts of the "player" -a kind of genetic altered humans- Zet, which they created some years ago. Soon, Jin and his grandfather are attacked by a mysterious man who turns into a monster. The connection between professor Amagi and professor Kanzaki, seems to connect also young Jin to the mystery of the "players", and Zet.
- Manga, 6/26 (2012)Kanshikan Tsunemori AkaneShuueisha Inc.CrimeAnimeThe series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" in the anime's title refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kōgami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world. (from TV)
- Manga, 20/185 (2000)Black CatShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkTrain Heartnet, also known as "Black Cat," was an infamous assassin for a secret organization called Chronos...until he abandoned that cold-blooded existence to live on his own terms as an easygoing bounty hunter. But is Train's past as far behind him as he thinks?
- Manga, 1/11 (1989)Ghost in the ShellKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkDeep into the twenty-first century, the line between man and machine has been inexorably blurred as humans rely on the enhancement of mechanical implants and robots are upgraded with human tissue. In this rapidly converging landscape, cyborg superagent Major Motoko Kusanagi is charged to track down the craftiest and most dangerous terrorists and cybercriminals, including “ghost hackers” who are capable of exploiting the human/machine interface and reprogramming humans to become puppets to carry out the hackers’ criminal ends. When Major Kusanagi tracks the cybertrail of one such master hacker, the Puppeteer, her quest leads her into a world beyond information and technology where the very nature of consciousness and the human soul are turned upside down.
- Manga, 12/67 (1998)Shadow StarKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkFrom a dying planet shall come the children of light...While on vacation on a small island, young Shiina Tamai dives under the water near an old shrine and discovers an unearthly starfish-like creature. She nearly drowns but is rescued by the silent, wide-eyed little animal, who Shiina befriends and names Hoshimaru. To Shiina`s surprise and delight, the creature changes shape, lets Shiina stand on him, and the two fly off into the clouds. But what looks to be a young girl`s ultimate fantasy soon takes a darker turn as Shiina and Hoshimaru become entangled in a struggle between rival extraterrestrial factions who battle in the skies upon huge alien beasts called Shadow Dragons, with the fate of Earth hanging in the balance.
- Light Novel, 32/- (2008)The Irregular at Magic High SchoolASCII Media WorksActionOriginal WorkThe year is 2095. Magic has been tamed as another form of technology, and the practice of magic is now a rigorous discipline. Brother and sister Tatsuya and Miyuki Shiba are just about to start their first year at the renowned First Magic High School of Japan. But the school’s ironclad rules mean that the brilliant Miyuki enters the prestigious Course 1, while her older brother, Tatsuya, is relegated to Course 2—and that’s just the beginning of their troubles!
- Manga, 10/60 (2005)Ikigami: The Ultimate LimitShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkDear Citizen: Thank you for your loyalty. You've no doubt noticed that the world is a troubled place. People are apathetic, lazy, unmotivated. You've probably asked yourself WHY ISN'T ANYTHING BEING DONE TO STOP THIS SYSTEMATIC DECLINE? Rest assured that measures are being taken. Beginning today, we will randomly select a different citizen who will be killed within 24 hours of notification. We believe this will help remind all people how precious life is and how important it is to be a productive, active member of society. Thank you for your continued attention and your cooperation and participation...
- Manga, 6/37 (2002)King of ThornEnterbrainAdventureOriginal WorkKasumi and her sister, Shizuku, were infected with the Medusa virus, which slowly eats away at the body. There is no cure, but of the two only Kasumi is selected to go into a cryogenically frozen state along with 159 others until a cure is found. In the undetermined future, Kasumi awakens to find herself and others, who were in suspended animation in an unfamiliar world with bloodthirsty monsters. Kasumi struggles to survive in a treacherous world in order to unlock its mysteries and learn the fate of her twin sister.
- Manga, 16/77 (2010)Tokyo ESPKadokawa ShotenActionOriginal WorkRinka Urushiba’s world is turned upside down when she wakes up one day-after falling right through the floor. Encouraged by another ESPer who believes that Rinka’s destiny is to become a hero of justice, she soon learns to use her powers for good. And not a moment too soon, as those with less-than-admirable ambitions descend on Tokyo with their own sets of superpowers. As the mysterious glowing fish flitting through the city skies gift powers seemingly at random, foes become friends and alliances are made and broken. And what about that flying penguin?
- Manga, 16/15 (1967)PhoenixKodansha Ltd., Mushi Production Co., Ltd., Asahi Sonorama, Kadokawa CorporationAdventureOriginal WorkWith grand historical sweep, this self-contained opening volume of Osamu Tezuka's acclaimed Phoenix saga is an epic account of the human spirit in a time of chaos and warfare, where would-be warrior Nagi and his crew struggle against the elements, invaders, and history itself.
- Manga, 5/49 (2006)Kanojo o Mamoru 51 no HouhouShinchousha Publishing Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkFebruary 23rd, 20XX. Looking for a job in the famous TV station at Odaiba, college senior Jin Mishima attended the recruitment orientation. Not far away from the station, Nanako Okano, a gothic lolita trying to attend a concert, found out that her friends tricked her about the concert ticket because of jealousy. The two bumped into each other and "reunited" -- they were junior high classmates -- moments before an earthquake of Richter Scale 8.1 turned the island, as well as the entire Tokyo metropolitan area, into ruins.
- Manga, 9/35 (2006)Blue Sheep ReverieHakusensha, Inc., Nihonbungeisha Co., Ltd.?Original WorkKai's lover has been murdered! Searching for the culprit, he comes to a town under the control of two groups, the Salts and the Minors. Once there, to get closer to "Iron Lahti," a man with the same ring as his lover, Kai becomes the man's bodyguard. The side story to the near-future boys' love series Steal Moon is finally published!
- Manga, 43/396 (2008)TorikoShuueisha Inc.Action ComedyOriginal WorkIn a savage world ruled by the pursuit of the most delicious foods, it's either eat or be eaten! While searching for the tastiest foods imaginable, Gourmet Hunter Toriko and his bottomless stomach travel around the world facing every beast in his way.
- Manga, 10/85 (2014)InuyashikiKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkBlurb: Ichiro Inuyashiki is down on his luck. While only 58 years old, his geriatric looks often have him written off as a pathetic old man by the world around him and he’s constantly ignored and disrespected by his family despite all that he’s done to support them. On top of everything else, his doctor has revealed that he has cancer and it appears that he has little time left in this world. Just when it seems things couldn’t get any worse, a blinding light in the night sky strikes the earth where Ichiro stands. He later wakes up to find himself unscathed, but he soon starts to notice that there’s something… different about himself. However, it turns out that these strange, new changes are just what Ichiro needs to take a new lease on life and now it seems like there’s nothing to stop him from being a hero worthy of the respect that he never had before… unless, that is, there was someone else out there with these same “changes”…
- Manga, 2/8 (1995)Hiroki Endo's TanpenshuKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkAn anthology of seven short stories spread across two volumes. Volume 1 is comprised of The Crows, The Girl, And The Yakuza (in which an outcast Yakuza is sheltered by a disfigured runaway girl), Because You're Definitely A Cute Girl (in which a seemingly normal school girl snaps with murderous results) and For Those Of Us Who Don't Believe In God (in which a university theatre group puts on a play that is echoed and overshadowed by their own real life dramas). Volume 2 is comprised of Hang (an erotic sci-fi piece following an unlikely trio), High School Girl 2000 (a semi- autobiographical piece covering Endo’s premature midlife crisis), Platform (a two-part piece in which the son of a Yakuza boss encounters love, loss, family and violence) and Boys Don’t Cry (a very short comedic piece).
- Manga, 2/10 (2001)AquaEnix CorporationSlice of Life DramaOriginal WorkAkari Mizunashi is a new arrival in the gorgeous Martian city of Neo-Venezia. She becomes a gondolier tour guide and begins her training to become an Undine, the most coveted job on Aqua. Follow Akari's adventures as she discovers the wonders of Aria in this prequel to the popular anime and manga series.
- Manga, 13/122 (2018)Edens ZeroKodansha Ltd.Fighting-ShounenOriginal Work
- Light Novel, 52/- (2007)Dalbit JogaksaAdventureOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/26 (2001)PlanetesKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkIn the 2070's, mankind has established a mining base on the moon and dispatched men to explore Mars. The first manned mission to Jupiter is also in progress. As a result of this interplanetary activity, space debris is increasing and its collection has become a new profession. In the 1st volume of Makoto Yukimura's Planetes, we meet Yuri, Hachimaki, and Fee. Hachimaki's dream is to buy his own spaceship. He thinks he can earn money quickly by joining the crew of the first expedition to Jupiter. Yuri lost his wife in a space travel accident, and became a debris collector out of a desperate desire to discover some remembrance of her. Fee takes great pride in her profession and works very hard, having left behind her husband and young son on earth. In a dark and cruel universe, each of these space junkers grapples with his or her own personal problems.
- Manga, 4/36 (2003)HeadsShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkJunichi Naruse, a shy 22 year old, loves Megumi Hamura. He visits an estate agency to find a collective dwelling for him and his new love. But there, Junichi gets a bullet in his head by a robber. Now is the developing love on proof because he is comatose. The doctors saved his life and bring him back to consciousness in a difficult operation, however they keep details of the operation secret. Junichi find out that an other brain was used to save him. Noticing slowly some changes in his character and being discharged from the clinic, he try out to reveal the secrets. The changes he had to expect, the question if he can be the same as in the past and what are the other secrets of the doctors will be cleared in progress.
- Manga, 11/91 (2012)Land of the LustrousKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkIn the distant future, a new life form called "hōseki" (gems) is born. The 28 gems must fight against the "tsukijin" (moon people) who want to attack them and turn them into decorations, so each gem is assigned a role such as a fighter or a medic. Though she hopes to fight the moon people, Phos is a gem who is given no assignment until the gems' manager Adamantine asks her to edit a natural history magazine.
- Light Novel, 7/29 (2011)Black BulletASCII Media WorksActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 3/14 (2012)Sword Art Online: Fairy DanceASCII Media WorksAdventureLight Novel