- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 128/1304 (1989)Hajime no IppoKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkWhat does "strong" really mean? Awkward high school student Ippo Makunouchi is a loner who gets bullied and thinks he's not tough enough to fight back. But a meeting with the boxer Mamoru Takamura reveals Ippo to be the possessor of a dynamite punch. Determined to become a pro, he takes the test to get into the Kamogawa training gym.
- Manga, 17/170 (2005)Cross GameShougakukan Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkCross Game is a moving drama that is heartfelt and true, yet in the brilliant hands of manga artist Mitsuru Adachi, delightfully flows with a light and amusing touch. The series centers around a boy named Kou, the family of four sisters who live down the street and the game of baseball. This poignant coming-of-age story will change your perception of what shonen manga can be.
- Manga, 61/583 (2002)Shijou Saikyou no Deshi KenichiShougakukan Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkKenchi is and average guy who was bullied through out his life. To not get bullied through his highschool year he joins the karate club. Soon though he realizes he way in over his head. He is all the sudden sucked into the world of martial arts. He almost falls into despare when a girl named Fuurinji Miu. Miu is a transfer student that wanted a friend. Kenchi and Miu soon start a friendship. The manga is about kenichi trying to fit in and learn the world of martial arts.
- Manga, 37/333 (2002)Eyeshield 21Shuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkWimpy Sena Kobayakawa has been running away from bullies all his life. But when the football gear comes on, things change--Sena's speed and uncanny ability to elude big bullies just might give him what it takes to become a great high school football hero!
- Manga, 18/166 (2003)SuzukaKodansha Ltd.RomanceOriginal WorkYamato is ready for a fresh start. So when his aunt invites him to stay rent-free in her big-city boarding house in hustling, bustling Tokyo, Yamato jumps at the chance. There’s just one teensy-weensy catch: It’s an all-girl housing complex and spa! Things get even more nerve-racking when Yamato meets his neighbor Suzuka, a beautiful track-and-field star. She’s not just the cutest girl Yamato’s ever met, she’s also the coolest, the smartest, and the most intimidating. Can an ordinary guy like Yamato ever hope to win over a girl like Suzuka?
- Manga, 44/402 (2012)Haikyu!!Shuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 5/47 (2000)The Summit of the GodsShuueisha Inc.AdventureNovelGeorge Herbert Leigh Mallory is said to have given this in reply to the question “Why do you want to climb Mt. Everest?” On his third expedition in June 1924, Mallory and his climbing partner, Andrew Irvine, disappeared on the North-East ridge during their ascent, having been sighted only a few hundred metres from the summit. In 1993, in a small Nepalese store, Makoto Fukamachi, photographer for a Japanese expedition to conquer Mt Everest, stumbles across an old camera – a Vest Pocket Autographic Kodak Special. Could it be Mallory’s camera? Did it hold the secret of whether Mallory and Irvine made it to the summit?
- Manga, 31/276 (1990)Slam DunkShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkWinning isn't everything in the game of basketball, but who wants to come in second? It takes dedication and discipline to be the best, and the Shohoku High hoops team wants to be just that. They have one last year to make their captain's dream of reaching the finals come true--will they do it?
- Manga, 20/175 (1998)One Outs: Nobody wins, but I!Shuueisha Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkTokuchi Toua is a baseball pitcher who participates in a gambling game of 'One Outs' which is a one-one duel with the batter. The aim is to to strike out the batter before he can potentially score a run. Through a series of circumstances he ends up in a professional baseball team where he uses his gambling skills against opponents that will stop at nothing to crush him
- Manga, 30/276 (2008)Kuroko’s BasketballShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/6 (2018)Kase-san and Cherry BlossomsShinshokan Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 23/144 (1996)Hana-KimiHakusensha, Inc.RomanceJapanese-American track-and-field star Mizuki has transferred to a high school in Japan...but not just any school! To be close to her idol, high jumper Izumi Sano, she's going to an all-guys' high school...and disguising herself as a boy! But as fate would have it, they're more than classmates...they're roommates! Now, Mizuki must keep her secret in the classroom, the locker room, and her own bedroom. And her classmates--and the school nurse--must cope with a new transfer student who may make them question their own orientation...
- Manga, 47/462 (2007)Baby StepsKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkEiichirō Maruo (nicknamed "Ei-chan" for his grades being straight "A") is an honor student, bookworm, and is not interested in anything other than studying. In order to solve his problem of lacking physical strength, he enrolled a tennis school and soon found the fascinating side of tennis. Being a tennis newbie lacking physical strength, he supplement his shortcomings with his excellent observing and analyzing skills.
- Manga, 1/5 (2015)Kase-San and ShortcakeShinshokan Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/5 (2010)Kase-san and Morning GloriesShinshokan Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 37/357 (2002)Air GearKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkItsuki Minami is a junior high school student with a dream - to become the best Air Track player in town. It won't be easy, as he faces a lot of competition from boys and girls alike. What is Air Track? Just the latest craze that involves taking a two-wheel inline skate and adding a motor, new suspension and a shock absorber to enable the wearer to execute the wildest, wackiest, most aggressive moves you can imagine. Ikki has a lot to learn as he fights his way to the top in this wild, sexy manga. **** Itsuki Minami needs no introduction - everybody's heard of the 'Babyface' of the East-side. He's the toughest kid at Higashi Junior High School, easy on the eyes but dangerously tough when he needs to be. Plus Itsuki lives with the mysterious and sexy Noyamano sisters, so life's never dull. But it gets downright dangerous when Itsuki leads his school to victory over some vindictive Westside punks with gangster connections. Now he stands to lose his school, his friends, and everything he cares about. Then the Noyamano girls give him an amazing gift, one that just might help him save his school: a pair of Air Tracks. These high-tech skates are more than just supercool. They'll enable Itsuki to execute the wildest, most aggressive moves ever seen - and then bring him to a thrilling and terrifying new world.
- Manga, 14/59 (2014)Waiting for SpringKodansha Ltd.RomanceOriginal WorkShy girl Mitsuki is hoping to remake herself and find her true friends now that she's entered high school. Unexpectedly, she catches the attention of the four handsome, basketball club stars.
- Manga, 34/338 (1992)H2Shougakukan Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkKunimi Hiro and his best friend Hideo were baseball wonders... Until Hiro found out his arm was permanently damaged, rendering him unable to play anymore. A frustrated Hiro goes through the trouble of specifically finding a high school with no baseball team... Only to later on find out the doctor who examined him was a quack and his arm is perfectly fine. Hiro is quick to reinstate his dream: Creating a baseball team for his school and getting to face off against Hideo in the Koshien... The number one premier league for high school baseball.
- Manga, 1/7 (2013)Kirakira no HibiTokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.RomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 18/87 (2008)Suki Desu Suzuki-kun!!Shougakukan Inc.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkAt age 13, Hikaru Suzuki, a basketball enthusiast, and Sayaka Hoshino, a shy girl who dreams of acting, crossed paths in middle school and fell in love. After being separated from each other at the end of middle school, they meet again at age 17. Meanwhile, Chihiro Itou, Hikaru's childhood friend, has loved Hikaru since they were young, while Shinobu Suzuki (who has no relation to Hikaru) begins to fall for Chihiro.
- Manga, 19/118 (2013)Namaikizakari.Hakusensha, Inc.Romantic ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/4 (2012)Kase-San and BentoShinshokan Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/5 (2017)Kase-san and an ApronShinshokan Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal Work
- Manhwa, 10/81 (2005)VeritasHaksan Publishing Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 16/156 (2009)GE: Good EndingKodansha Ltd.RomanceOriginal WorkUtsumi Seiji has loved the leader of the tennis club, Shou-senpai, since he saw her give a presentation at the beginning of term school assembly. Since then he has taken to watching her practice every day; but one day he is caught by club member and fellow classmate Kurokawa Yuki. She decides to help Utsumi confess his feelings to Shou and forces him to join the club. Ignoring her own feelings, Kurokawa works to bring Utsumi and Shou together; but slowly, her efforts cause Utsumi's own feelings to change.
- Manga, 17/170 (2007)Kokou no HitoShuueisha Inc.DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 26/257 (1981)TouchShougakukan Inc.GanbatteUesugi Tatsuya and his twin brother Kazuya have both fallen in love with their childhood friend, Asakura Minami. But whereas Kazuya is a talented baseball pitcher, planning on fulfilling Minami's dreams of entering Koushien, Tatsuya always seems to mess up - perhaps deliberately giving in to his younger brother. But then, a life-changing event happens, and Tatsuya begins to work his way up to earn Minami's love and fulfill her dreams.
- Manga, 14/- (2001)RealShuueisha Inc.DramaOriginal WorkThree young men--all struggling with issues involving paralysis--become interconnected through their love for basketball. Tomomi Nomiya is a tough guy and b-ball nut whose life is turned upside down when he causes a girl to become paralyzed. Kiyoharu Togawa is a stoic 19-year-old whose Spartan work ethic alienates him from the rest of his wheelchair team. Hisanobu Takahashi is a conceited high school basketball captain who struggles with paraplegia after a terrible accident.
- Manga, ? (2009)GE: Good EndingKodansha Ltd.RomanceOriginal WorkUtsumi Seiji has loved the leader of the tennis club, Shou-senpai, since he saw her give a presentation at the beginning of term school assembly. Since then he has taken to watching her practice every day; but one day he is caught by club member and fellow classmate Kurokawa Yuki. She decides to help Utsumi confess his feelings to Shou and forces him to join the club. Ignoring her own feelings, Kurokawa works to bring Utsumi and Shou together; but slowly, her efforts cause Utsumi's own feelings to change.
- Manga, 14/98 (2005)AikiShounen-Gahousha Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkKunitoshi Joukkyuu seems like a fairly normal, though silly young man, however he possesses great martial arts skill. Two different factions of a certain high school headed by women fighters desire this skill. Which side will he choose to support
- Manga, 43/205 (2008)ChihayafuruKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 3/14 (2016)Kimi wa, Ore ga Suki Datte Ittara Donna Kao Suru Darou.Shougakukan Inc.Romantic ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 16/157 (2002)Katsu!Shougakukan Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkSatoyama Katsuki is a carefree 15 year old high school kid, and a pretty lazy one at that. However, he secretly has a crush on a girl who happens to share his name: Mizutani Katsuki. Upon finding out that Mizutani's father used to be a pro-boxer, and she herself infatuated with the sport, he reluctantly joins a boxing gym in order to impress Mizutani. Satoyama is quick to find out he may have the blood of a genius boxer running through his veins...
- Manga, 1/6 (2013)Gosan no HeartKaioushaDramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 20/171 (1968)Ashita no JoeKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal Work15 year old Joe Yabuki is a wondering orphan who stumbles across the worst slumps of Tokyo. There, he encounters a washed up boxer who wants to train Joe after he easily beats up some yakuza. However, Joe does not take the trainer, Tange, very seriously until they end up in jail for fighting the yakuza in the park. Joe then decides to live with Tange but does not show any appreciation to him at all. He then uses the neighborhood children to fake an orphanage fund and get money. Joe is then exposed and is forced 13 months of juvie. While in juvie, he meets a boxer impronsed for assault, Rikiishi Tooru, while making an escape. Rikiishi stops Joe's plan and it starts a rivalry that inspires Joe to take boxing not as a means to get revenge against Rikiishi, but to reform his life and pursue as a career.
- Manga, 3/11 (2008)Ice RevolutionShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/21 (2012)Girls & PanzerMedia FactoryAction ComedyAnimeNishizumi Miho, a new transfer student to Ooarai Girls’ Academy, would like nothing more than to enjoy a peaceful, stress-free school life. Unfortunately, her new school just revived its tankery program and enlists Miho to put together a team so that they may compete in a national tournament. As Miho struggles to overcome her turbulent past with tanks, she must first learn to tread lightly with her eccentric companions. Can Miho possibly plow through the challenges and master the art of tankery, or will she get left behind in the dust.
- Manga, 11/123 (1999)SubaruShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkWhat started as a way to express emotions and help her dying twin brother remember things sets young Subaru on the demanding path of a professional ballerina. But on her journey to be the best Subaru has many things standing in the way of her goal; things like rivalries, deaths, racism, and herself.
- Manga, 18/169 (2006)Smash!Kodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 3/16 (2006)Kyousou HeavenShougakukan Inc.RomanceOriginal WorkTsukasa Miyu's life revolved around only one thing--swimming. She gets admitted to Tenkai Academy on a swimming scholarship. However, before the start of high school, she encounters Suzuki Aoi and gets drawn into a world that doesn't involve just swimming anymore...