- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 12/44 (2009)ArisaKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkTsubasa thinks that her pretty and popular twin sister, Arisa, has the perfect life. Everyone at school loves Arisa—unlike the hot-tempered Tsubasa, whose nickname is “the Demon Princess.” But when Arisa attempts suicide, Tsubasa learns that her seemingly perfect sister has been keeping some dark secrets. Now Tsubasa is going undercover at school—disguised as Arisa—in search of the truth. But will Arisa’s secrets shatter Tsubasa’s life, too?
- Manga, 4/16 (2006)Higurashi When They Cry: Atonement ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelRena Ryugu has made a lot of great friends since returning to Hinamizawa a year ago. But the happiness of playing with her classmates can hardly make up for the sadness she feels at home. Her father’s new lover spends more and more time at their house, making Rena feel that she is no longer as needed as she was when her mother first abandoned the family for another man. Rena thought that coming back to the village would end the curse that tore apart her family and her mind, but she can’t shake the feeling that more heartbreak is in store…
- Manga, 14/66 (2009)Shinrei Tantei YakumoKadokawa ShotenCrimeLight NovelBased on novel by Kaminaga Manabu. Shinrei tantei yakumo aka psychic detective yakumo tells a story about a college student, Saitou Yakumo who born with different eye colors. His red left eye gave him a special ability to see ghosts and spirits. He believes ghosts and spirits are bound to earth because of a certain 'cause' and simply by eliminating that 'cause' will those spirits rest in peace. Being asked for help by Ozawa Haruka, together they began the investigation.
- Manga, 12/48 (2005)Shugo Chara!Kodansha Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkEverybody at Seiyo Elementary thinks that stylish and super cool Amu has it all: But nobody knows the real Amu, a shy girl who wishes she had the courage to truly be herself. Changing Amu’s life is going to take more than wishes and dreams–it’s going to take a little magic! One morning, Amu finds a surprise in her bed: three strange little eggs. Each egg contains a Guardian Character, an angel-like being who can give her the power to be someone new. With the help of her Guardian Characters, Amu is about to discover that her true self is even more amazing than she ever dreamed.
- Manga, 13/44 (2008)AdekanShinshokan Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkShiro, a sexy loinclothless umbrella maker and Koujirou, a policeman with a passionate sense of justice who stands against all things undisciplined, together get caught up in erotic, grotesque and bizarre crimes in the back streets of what appears to be the Meiji Era of Japan. Tsukiji Nao's very first anthology, packed with handsome, awful, sexy, "anything goes" action! You will be in opium-like addictiveness!
- Manga, 3/19 (2011)Kon’ya mo NemurenaiGentousha Inc.RomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 13/53 (2009)Dawn of the ArcanaShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkPrincess Nakaba of Senan is forced to marry Prince Caesar of the enemy country Belquat, tantamount to becoming a hostage. While Caesar is pleasing to the eye, he is also selfish and possessive, telling Nakaba outright: “You are my property.” With only her attendant Loki at her side, Nakaba must find a way to cope with her hostile surroundings, her fake marriage...and a mysterious power!
- Manga, 10/39 (2004)After School NightmareAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkYou have just awakened to find your darkest, ugliest secret revealed to classmates who would do anything to destroy you. This is what's happened to Ichijou Mashiro, whose elite school education turns into the most horrifying experience of his life when he's enlisted by a mysterious school nurse to take an after-hours class. Only those who pass the class will graduate, and the only way for Mashiro to pass is to enter into a nightmare world... where his body and soul will be at the mercy of his worst enemies. Can Mashiro keep his life-long secret - that he is not truly a "he" nor entirely a "she" - or will he finally be "outted" in the most humiliating way possible?
- Manga, 10/40 (2013)Bloody MaryKadokawa ShotenDramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 5/30 (1987)Magic KaitoShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkKuroba Kaito loves to do magic, and he is a good performer. At high school, his childhood friend/girl friend tries to keep the boy inline. Of course Nakamori Aoko isn't gentle with the boy she'd never admit to loving. One morning, the classroom is filled with the talk about "Kaitou Kid," a jewerly thief who uses magic in his robberies. Kaito isn't impressed with this so called legend that reappeared after eight years, and says he could easily take the thief magic to magic. At home, thinking about his dead father who was also a magician, Kaito stumbles upon a hidden doorway in his room. He discovers his father was the original Kaitou Kid. But since he is dead, he wonders who the supposed Kaitou Kid from recent robberies is. Kaito puts on his father's hat and cape, becomes Kaitou Kid to search out the imposter.
- Manga, 4/16 (2002)YellowEnterbrain, Biblos Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkTaki and Goh share just about everything – their apartment in the city, their job as elite drug “snatchers” and even dinner duty. But hot Goh wants to go much deeper undercover with his gorgeous partner. Too bad Taki doesn’t swing that way... or does he? If yellow is the warning color, will this team finally end up in-the-red (and in bed)?
- Manga, 5/18 (2008)Grand Guignol OrchestraHakusensha, Inc.HorrorOriginal WorkBlurb Lucille and his orchestra encounter a town overrun with the worst kind of audience: the Living Dead! Well, not really. They're people who have been turned into doll-like zombies. And they are definitely not a crowd to take lightly.
- Manga, 7/98 (2016)Until Your Bones RotKodansha Ltd.HorrorOriginal Work
- Manga, 18/80 (2012)Bungo Stray DogsKadokawa ShotenAction ComedyOriginal WorkAfter young man Atsushi Nakajima saves a man from his wish of suicide, he and his friends join the "Arms Detective Company," a league of literary figures that also harness special powers.
- Manga, 1/21 (2014)Meitantei Conan: FBI SelectionShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 11/57 (2009)The Flowers of EvilKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkTakao Kasuga is a bookworm. And his favorite book right now is Baudelaire's Flowers of Evil. While the young man may often be seen lost in thought as he rabidly consumes page after page, Takao is not much of a student. Actually when we are first introduced to the middle school teen, we find him sneaking some reading as he receives and F on a recent language exam. Nakagawa is known as the class bully. When she is not receiving zeros she is usually muttering profanities to those around her. While she doesn't care for books or their readers, she does have a thing for troublemakers. Takao may not be one, but having read over his shoulder a few times, she knows he is not very innocent. If anything he is bored and aware of it. Together, by chance, they shake up their entire rural community as Takao tries to break out of his shell in a random moment of passion and affection...not directed towards Nakamura. And contrary to Takao's predictions, the girl he was falling for, Nanako Saeki, responds by eventually accepting the bibliophile for who he is. Or at least, who she thinks he is. And therein lies the conflict. Takao is not a hero. He is not trouble-maker, either. He is a regular teen who through equal moments of cowardice and chivalry takes a long step towards adulthood as he desperately tries to cover up a dark secret. Takao Kusuga has stolen an item precious to someone he is attracted to, and if he doesn't form a "contract" with his new best friend, she is going to tell.
- Manga, 10/60 (2005)Ikigami: The Ultimate LimitShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkDear Citizen: Thank you for your loyalty. You've no doubt noticed that the world is a troubled place. People are apathetic, lazy, unmotivated. You've probably asked yourself WHY ISN'T ANYTHING BEING DONE TO STOP THIS SYSTEMATIC DECLINE? Rest assured that measures are being taken. Beginning today, we will randomly select a different citizen who will be killed within 24 hours of notification. We believe this will help remind all people how precious life is and how important it is to be a productive, active member of society. Thank you for your continued attention and your cooperation and participation...
- Manga, 16/76 (2012)Ajin: Demi-HumanKodansha Ltd.HorrorOriginal Work“Those creatures who cannot die are called Ajin. Those creatures don’t realize that they are Ajin until they’ve "died" once. That’s how it was for me, too.” Nagai Kei is a very gifted high-school student who got to first place at the national medical school’s mock exam. For his aim to become a great doctor he works harder than anyone else in his class. But one day, as Kei passes the street lost in thoughts, he gets into a traffic accident which should have cost him his life. As a surprise for his classmates and the lorry driver, who had caught him, Kei’s body regenerates and he comes back to life. That’s a bad sign and it can mean only one thing: Nagai Kei is an Ajin! "What the heck is an Ajin?" – Kei doesn’t know the answer, but he knows for sure that he has to run away, otherwise he will end up as a guinea pig. Not much is known about the true number of Ajins or their special abilities, so he would certainly be researched in a laboratory if he gets caught. Terrified and not knowing what to do next, Kei is saved by his friend Kai. Together, they flee deep into a deserted mountain, but Kei doesn’t wanted Kai to stay by his side, because it seems too dangerous for someone who’s not immortal. Later, an underground group of Ajin who are hostile against humans contact Kei. What are they planning and what will Kei’s decision be?
- Manga, 6/37 (2002)King of ThornEnterbrainAdventureOriginal WorkKasumi and her sister, Shizuku, were infected with the Medusa virus, which slowly eats away at the body. There is no cure, but of the two only Kasumi is selected to go into a cryogenically frozen state along with 159 others until a cure is found. In the undetermined future, Kasumi awakens to find herself and others, who were in suspended animation in an unfamiliar world with bloodthirsty monsters. Kasumi struggles to survive in a treacherous world in order to unlock its mysteries and learn the fate of her twin sister.
- Manga, 12/67 (1998)Shadow StarKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkFrom a dying planet shall come the children of light...While on vacation on a small island, young Shiina Tamai dives under the water near an old shrine and discovers an unearthly starfish-like creature. She nearly drowns but is rescued by the silent, wide-eyed little animal, who Shiina befriends and names Hoshimaru. To Shiina`s surprise and delight, the creature changes shape, lets Shiina stand on him, and the two fly off into the clouds. But what looks to be a young girl`s ultimate fantasy soon takes a darker turn as Shiina and Hoshimaru become entangled in a struggle between rival extraterrestrial factions who battle in the skies upon huge alien beasts called Shadow Dragons, with the fate of Earth hanging in the balance.
- Manga, 12/96 (2004)Mysterious Girlfriend XKodansha Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkWhen a mysterious transfer girl happens to drool on her desk one day, Akira Tsubaki decides to taste it. Little did he know that soon he would be going out with Mitoko Urabe, a girl who he knows absolutely nothing about, yet seems to be destined for.
- Manga, 16/15 (1967)PhoenixKodansha Ltd., Mushi Production Co., Ltd., Asahi Sonorama, Kadokawa CorporationAdventureOriginal WorkWith grand historical sweep, this self-contained opening volume of Osamu Tezuka's acclaimed Phoenix saga is an epic account of the human spirit in a time of chaos and warfare, where would-be warrior Nagi and his crew struggle against the elements, invaders, and history itself.
- Manga, 1/13 (1999)Quest for the Missing GirlShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkMountaineer Shiga made a promise to his best friend following his tragic death in the Himalayas. Twelve years later and he is called upon to honor that promise. When 15 year old high school student, Megumi, fails to arrive home one evening from school her mother calls on her dead husband´s best friend for help. Shiga abandons his refuge in the mountains and descends to the city to look for the girl. With the police investigation at a standstill, Shiga has to go it alone. But the metropolis can be a much more hostile and dangerous ground than the mountains. What has happened to the youngster and will Shiga find her before it is too late?
- Manga, 12/83 (2012)HyoukaKadokawa ShotenCrimeLight Novel
- Manga, 1/5 (2011)Bara to JuudanShougakukan Inc.Romantic DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/21 (2008)Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 1: Legend of the Golden WitchSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelBlurb Each year, the Ushiromiya family gathers at the secluded mansion of its patriarch, the elderly Kinzo. It has been six years since Battler joined his cousins at the annual event, but their happy reunion is overshadowed by worsening weather and an eerie premonition from his youngest cousin-not to mention their parents’ feud over the inheritance. Battler doesn’t hold much stock in dark omens, nor does he believe the tales of the witch rumored to have given his grandfather a fortune in gold … and who walks the halls of the mansion to this day … But when the eighteen family members and servants are trapped on the island by the raging typhoon, the grisly events that follow leave Battler shaken to his core. Is one of his relatives desperate enough to kill for the family fortune? Or is this the work of the Golden Witch?
- Manga, 1/11 (1989)Ghost in the ShellKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkDeep into the twenty-first century, the line between man and machine has been inexorably blurred as humans rely on the enhancement of mechanical implants and robots are upgraded with human tissue. In this rapidly converging landscape, cyborg superagent Major Motoko Kusanagi is charged to track down the craftiest and most dangerous terrorists and cybercriminals, including “ghost hackers” who are capable of exploiting the human/machine interface and reprogramming humans to become puppets to carry out the hackers’ criminal ends. When Major Kusanagi tracks the cybertrail of one such master hacker, the Puppeteer, her quest leads her into a world beyond information and technology where the very nature of consciousness and the human soul are turned upside down.
- Manga, 3/20 (1998)Uzumaki: Spiral into HorrorShougakukan Inc.HorrorOriginal WorkKurouzu-cho, a small fogbound town on the coast of Japan, is cursed. According to Shuichi Saito, the withdrawn boyfriend of teenager Kirie Goshima, their town is haunted not by a person or being but by a pattern: uzumaki, the spiral, the hypnotic secret shape of the world. It manifests itself in everything from seashells and whirlpools in water to the spiral marks on people's bodies, the insane obsessions of Shuichi's father and the voice from the cochlea in our inner ear. As the madness spreads, the inhabitants of Kurôzu-cho are pulled ever deeper into a whirlpool from which there is no return!
- Manga, 6/26 (2012)Kanshikan Tsunemori AkaneShuueisha Inc.CrimeAnimeThe series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" in the anime's title refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kōgami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world. (from TV)
- Manga, 11/44 (2008)AiONFujimi ShobouDramaOriginal WorkTatsuya Tsugawa loses his wealthy parents in the middle of high school. Trying to fulfill his father's dying wish that his son become an upstanding man, Tatsuya attempts to save a girl from obsessive bullies, only to be consumed with intrigue and slight obsession himself. But what will Tatsuya do when his goodwill and earnest efforts lead him into a twisted fantasy world infested with mermaids and mind-controlling parasites?
- Manga, 12/71 (2008)Monokuro Shounen ShoujoHakusensha, Inc.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkKureha Mimachi, a 15-year-old girl, has just transferred into Shiritsu Kenhono High School. However, there is something weird about this school, it is actually a school where the Princes and Princesses of the beast-kind go to. Even though Kureha is human, she is there as a way to help the students lead their lives peacefully with humans and has the role as the "rabbit". Which means that she will live at the school for free but she might be eaten along the way. Only time and her hidden bodyguards will be able to answer that…
- Light Novel, 9/72 (2002)ZaregotoKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkIt’s the vacation of a lifetime, a trip to a remote island filled with geniuses–and murder. On Wet Crow’s Feather Island, a tiny speck in the Sea of Japan, lives Akagami Iria, the exiled daughter of a powerful family. Born into great wealth, she was a princess of the highest pedigree–until she was cut off by the leader of the Akagami Foundation. For the last five years, she’s lived on Feather Island with her maids. But she hasn’t been alone. She has invited the best minds Japan has to offer to come and stay with her. And so nineteen-year-old college student Ii-chan and his best friend, computer genius Kunagisa Tomo, find themselves as Iria’s guests at her elaborate mansion. Surrounded by fascinating women–a chef, a fortune-teller, a scholar, and an artist, not to mention his own friend Tomo–Ii-chan is feeling a little overmatched intellectually. But the sudden discovery of a grisly murder sends the island into shock. And Ii-chan discovers that he does possess a bit of genius: the ability to discover what is real and what is fake . . . who is who they claim to be–and who is a killer.
- Manga, 16/77 (2010)Tokyo ESPKadokawa ShotenActionOriginal WorkRinka Urushiba’s world is turned upside down when she wakes up one day-after falling right through the floor. Encouraged by another ESPer who believes that Rinka’s destiny is to become a hero of justice, she soon learns to use her powers for good. And not a moment too soon, as those with less-than-admirable ambitions descend on Tokyo with their own sets of superpowers. As the mysterious glowing fish flitting through the city skies gift powers seemingly at random, foes become friends and alliances are made and broken. And what about that flying penguin?
- Light Novel, 1/23 (2007)Death Note: L, Change the WorldShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkIn an alternative continuity in the Death Note setting, ace detective L's name has been placed in a Death Note. He has twenty-three days to bring a terrorist group to justice, or they will use a deadly new virus to change the world...by killing off most of humanity.
- Manga, 3/13 (2006)Toaru Soragoto, Boku no HimitsuKadokawa ShotenCrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 6/27 (2010)Donten ni WarauMag Garden CorporationAction DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 3/27 (2015)Imperfect GirlKodansha Ltd.DramaLight Novel
- Light Novel, 7/29 (2011)Black BulletASCII Media WorksActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/36 (2003)HeadsShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkJunichi Naruse, a shy 22 year old, loves Megumi Hamura. He visits an estate agency to find a collective dwelling for him and his new love. But there, Junichi gets a bullet in his head by a robber. Now is the developing love on proof because he is comatose. The doctors saved his life and bring him back to consciousness in a difficult operation, however they keep details of the operation secret. Junichi find out that an other brain was used to save him. Noticing slowly some changes in his character and being discharged from the clinic, he try out to reveal the secrets. The changes he had to expect, the question if he can be the same as in the past and what are the other secrets of the doctors will be cleared in progress.
- Manga, 13/127 (2002)LovelessIchijinsha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkRitsuka Aoyagi is a 12-year-old who has just transferred to a new school soon after the gruesome death of his brother Seimei. Upon entering school, he is branded as a weirdo and is aloof toward the other students. When Ritsuka discovers a posthumous message from his brother indicating he was murdered, he becomes involved in a shadowy world of spell battles and secret names. Together with the mysterious Soubi, the search to find Seimei's killer and uncover the truth begins!