- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Light Novel, 2/41 (2005)Bakemonogatari: Monster TaleKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/21 (2007)Higurashi When They Cry: Eye Opening ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelThe long-awaited 'answer arc' to the Higurashi WHEN THEY CRY Cotton Drifting Arc: You've already met Keiichi Maebara and his mischievous friends in the Abducted by Demons Arc. But Oyashiro-sama's curse is poised to strike anew in Hinamizawa village. When Keiichi spots tomboy Mion working at a maid café, he can hardly believe his eyes! But it's not Mion after all - it's her identical twin sister, Shion. Keiichi's never heard of this 'twin sister' before and suspects it's just another one of Mion's pranks. But through Shion, Keiichi is able to see a quieter, more feminine side of his best friend, even if it is all an act. As Keiichi spends more time with Shion, however, Rena grows more accusatory...
- Manga, 74/684 (2001)BleachShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkIchigo Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts--he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow--a malevolent lost soul--Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his life to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace. Find out why Tite Kubo's Bleach has become an international manga smash-hit!
- Manga, 10/45 (2008)Tasogare Otome x AmnesiaSquare Enix Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesOriginal WorkA young woman, by some strange occurrence, was left to die alone in the former building of the Academy for Sincere Teachings. Mysteriously, there is one person who can see her in ghost form: Niiya Teiichi, a freshman. Now they both seek to find out the reasoning behind her death, and what could have caused it.
- Manga, 2/17 (2014)All You Need is KillShuueisha Inc.Action DramaLight Novel
- Manga, 5/47 (2000)The Summit of the GodsShuueisha Inc.AdventureNovelGeorge Herbert Leigh Mallory is said to have given this in reply to the question “Why do you want to climb Mt. Everest?” On his third expedition in June 1924, Mallory and his climbing partner, Andrew Irvine, disappeared on the North-East ridge during their ascent, having been sighted only a few hundred metres from the summit. In 1993, in a small Nepalese store, Makoto Fukamachi, photographer for a Japanese expedition to conquer Mt Everest, stumbles across an old camera – a Vest Pocket Autographic Kodak Special. Could it be Mallory’s camera? Did it hold the secret of whether Mallory and Irvine made it to the summit?
- Manga, 9/35 (2011)No. 6Kodansha Ltd.DramaNovelFor Shion, an elite student in the technologically sophisticated city No. 6, life is carefully choreographed. School, study, and the occasional visit with his friend and classmate Safu. One fateful day, however, he takes a misstep, sheltering an injured boy his age from a typhoon. Known only as Rat, this boy is a VC—a fugitive living outside the computerized tapestry of city control—and helping him will throw Shion’s life into chaos and start him down a path to discovering the appalling secrets behind the superficial perfection of No. 6.
- Manga, 2/13 (2005)Higurashi When They Cry: Curse Killing ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelIn this new re-telling, Keiichi, the new boy in the small mountain village of Hinamizawa, learns that his friend Satoko had a brother who disappeared. She's never fully recovered, so Keiichi is encouraged by fellow club member Rika to take the place of Satoko's brother in her life until her brother gets back. Keiichi and Satoko's bond gets stronger and stroger as he discovers how smart and resourceful she is but he also learns about Oyashiro-Sama's Curse, which allegedly claimed Satoko's family as its victims...
- Manga, 17/85 (2009)Blood LadKadokawa ShotenAction ComedyOriginal WorkThe vampire Staz is one of the most powerful district bosses in the demon world, fending off everyone who dares challenge him. But secretly, the fearsome Staz is obsessed with human culture, especially video games, manga, and everything that comes from Japan! When a Japanese girl wanders into the demon world, Staz can't wait to meet the human and learn everything he can about her world. Unfortunately, before he's able to ask her anything, the girl is killed by one of his would-be usurpers, leaving just her bare soul behind. Staz vows to help the girl restore her body and return to her former life-especially since it means taking a trip to the human world himself!
- Manga, 8/48 (2001)GodchildHakusensha, Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkDeep in the heart of 19th century London, a young nobleman named Cain walks the shadowy cobblestone streets of the aristocratic society into which he was born. Forced to become an earl upon the untimely death of his father, Cain assumes the role of head of the Hargreaves, a noble family with a dark past. With Riff, his faithful manservant, and Mary Weather, his 10-year-old half sister, Cain investigates the mysterious crimes that seem to follow him wherever he goes.
- Manhwa, 5/94 (2014)BastardNaver CorporationHorrorOriginal WorkBlurb There is a serial killer in my house!
- Manga, 22/98 (2012)Seraph of the End: Vampire ReignShuueisha Inc.Action DramaOriginal WorkBlurb: After a catastrophic epidemic kills every adult on earth, vampires arise from the shadows to enslave the remaining human population. Yuichiro escapes from captivity and joins the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. But before he’s allowed to fight vampires, he has to complete his first, terrifying mission–make new friends with his fellow aspiring monster slayers! Yuichiro and his friends are kept as vampire fodder in a creepy institution masquerading as an orphanage. One day, Yuichiro’s dreams of fighting back are realized when the orphans stage a daring escape. But things go horribly wrong, and his dream is kept alive at a cruel price.
- Manga, 21/185 (2008)Cage of EdenKodansha Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkDanger and action abound after Akira Sengoku and his classmates crash-land on a deserted island while flying home from a class trip. The island doesn't exist on any maps but that's not even the strangest part: the animals they find on the island are prehistoric beasts that are supposed to have been extinct for thousands of years! Now Akira and his friends are in danger as the island's residents start eyeing the humans for their next meal. Will they ever solve the mystery of the island and find their way home?
- Manga, 4/16 (1998)Ludwig KakumeiHakusensha, Inc.AdventureNovelIn this grimm and realistic take on classic fairytales, Prince Ludwig, a female corpse collector, is ordered by his father to find himself a wife more suitable than the women he often brings into the castle. Along with his servant Peon, they travel across the land in search of fair maidens from classic stories in hopes of finding Ludwig a wife.
- Manga, 18/162 (2003)AkumetsuAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.ActionThis is the story of Hazama Shou a highschool student who has a particular and peculiar way of justice
- Manga, 1/28 (2009)Meitantei Conan vs. Kurozukume no OtokotachiShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal Work
- Manga, 10/100 (2009)Defense DevilShougakukan Inc.Action DramaOriginal WorkIn Event Horizon, the world where souls must pass before they enter hell, lives Kucabara, third son of the demon king. Stripped of his demon powers and banished from the demon world for behaviour unbecoming of their kind, he has taken on the role of a Defense Devil. A lawyer of hell who protects the rights of human clients unjustly condemned.
- Manga, 26/98 (2005)Natsume’s Book of FriendsHakusensha, Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkTakashi Natsume can see the spirits and demons that hide from the rest of humanity. He has always been set apart from other people because of his gift, drifting from relative to relative, never fitting in. Now he's a troubled high school student who has come to live in the small town where his grandmother grew up. And there he discovers that he has inherited more than just the Sight from the mysterious Reiko.
- Light Novel, 1/18 (2008)Kizumonogatari: Wound TaleKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 14/52 (2014)OverlordKadokawa ShotenActionLight NovelIn the year 2138, virtual reality gaming is booming. Yggdrasil, a popular online game is quietly shut down one day. However, one player named Momonga decides to not log out. Momonga is then transformed into the image of a skeleton as "the most powerful wizard." The world continues to change, with non-player characters (NPCs) beginning to feel emotion. Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary young man Momonga then strives to take over the new world the game has become. (from manga)
- Manga, 1/19 (2004)Meitantei Conan VS Kaitou KidShougakukan Inc.CrimeOriginal Work
- Manhwa, 8/119 (2011)Orange MarmaladeNaver CorporationRomanceOriginal WorkBlurb People are no longer afraid of vampires but that doesn’t stop humans from discriminating against them. Can Mari Baek hide her identity when she falls in love with a popular boy who hates vampires?
- Manga, 2/9 (2005)Higurashi When They Cry: Time Killing ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelFive years before Keiichi Maebara moved to Hinamizawa, inspector Mamoru Akasaka was sent from the Tokyo police to investigate the kidnapping of another officer's grandchild. The investigation leads him further and further into the greater mystery surrounding Hinamizawa and Oyashiro-sama's curse.
- Manga, 20/81 (2008)Zekkyou GakkyuuShuueisha Inc.HorrorOriginal WorkThe screaming lessons, a guide to the dark world behind our everyday life. No textbooks or pencils are needed, only courage...
- Manga, 25/123 (2007)KarnevalIchijinsha Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkNai is searching for someone. Gareki is a thief. The two of them are framed and forced to join an organization called "Circus".
- Manga, 63/594 (1986)JoJo's Bizarre AdventureShuueisha Inc.AdventureOriginal WorkIn a Japanese jail sits 17-year-old Jotaro Kujo: punk, fighter, delinquent...and possessed by a force beyond his control! Around the world, evil spirits are awakening: "Stands," monstrous invisible creatures which give their bearers incredible powers. To save his mother's life, Jotaro must tame his dark forces and travel around the world to Cairo, Egypt, where a hundred-year-old vampire thirsts for the blood of his family. But the road is long, and an army of evil Stand Users waits to kill JoJo and his friends...
- Manga, 5/18 (2006)Yamamoto Zenjirou to MoushimasuShuueisha Inc.DramaOriginal Work10 year old Hotate can see the dead and lives with her grandmother since her mother passed away. however, her grandma is too old and cant take care of Hotate and she would have to stay at her uncle's house. With her special ability and an all new environment things aren't easy for her. there also seems to be a secret behind the bond between her and her uncle.
- Manga, 7/47 (2013)Sword Art Online: ProgressiveASCII Media WorksAdventureLight NovelYuuki Asuna was a top student who spent her days studying at cram school and preparing for her high school entrance exams—but that was before she borrowed her brother's virtual reality game system and wound up trapped in Sword Art Online with ten thousand other frightened players. As time passes, Asuna fears what will become of her life outside the fantasy realm—the failure she might be seen as in the eyes of her peers and parents. Unwilling to wait on the sidelines for more experienced gamers to beat the game, Asuna employs her study habits to learn the mechanics of the game—and swordplay. Her swiftness impresses Kirito, a professional gamer who invites Asuna to join the best players on the front line. Is Asuna ready to swap class rankings for player rankings and join Kirito?
- Light Novel, 14/- (2012)OverlordEnterbrainActionOriginal Work
- Manhwa, 3/27 (2010)AnnarasumanaraNaver CorporationDramaOriginal WorkBlurb Yun Ai wanted to be a magician when she was little. But now in reality, she is a high school student who cannot even afford new stockings. Since the day she met a real magician at a fair, she desperately wants to follow her dream.
- Manga, 11/49 (2009)Inu x Boku SSSquare Enix Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkThe elite and beautiful Ririchiyo Shirakiin has a bad habit—she can’t help but lash out at people with her vicious tongue, all while hiding behind a mask of haughty cool. This attitude has a lot to do with people minding her business because of the Shirakiin family name, but it troubles Ririchiyo to no end. In search of independence and solitude, she moves to the Maison de Ayakashi, an apartment building full of wealthy tenants and with its own Secret Service. Ririchiyo is eager to be alone, but upon her arrival, she is greeted by Soushi, an SS agent arranged for her by her parents. Ririchiyo tries to turn Soushi away, but Soushi’s dogged devotion to his new mistress will not be deterred. The threats against the residents of the Maison de Ayakashi are not to be taken lightly, after all. And despite his puppy-like demeanor, Soushi is not to be trifled with either…
- Manga, 3/12 (2011)Puella Magi Madoka MagicaHoubunsha Co. Ltd.DramaAnimeWhen a new girl joins her class, Madoka Kaname feels she recognizes the mysterious, dark-haired transfer student from one of her dreams...a dream where she is approached by a cat-like creature who offers Madoka an opportunity to change destiny. Madoka had always thought magic was the stuff of fantasy...until she sees the transfer student fighting with the very cat-being from her dream! And just like in Madoka's dream, the cat gives her a choice: Will Madoka become a Puella Magi in exchange for her dearest desire? What will be the cost of having her wish come true?
- Manga, 18/181 (2012)Gokukoku no BrynhildrShuueisha Inc.DramaOriginal WorkSchool boy Ryōta Murakami, who cannot forget his female childhood friend whom he let die in an accident, feeling that he must fulfill their promise of proving the existence of aliens, he has continuously looked up at the sky as a member of the astronomy club. One day, a girl named Neko Kuroha who looks exactly like his childhood friend appears as a transfer student. It turns out that she is a magic-user that has run away from a research lab.
- Manga, 22/88 (2012)Darwin’s GameAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 8/44 (2009)Iris ZeroMedia FactorySlice of Life DramaOriginal WorkToru Mizushima is an Iris Zero, a person who was born without a special power called an Iris, a power to see information that cannot be seen through normal vision. Nearly all boys and girls his age were born with an Iris, and so he lives his school life quietly by keeping a low profile to avoid discrimination. One day, Koyuki Sasamori, a very popular girl, approaches Toru to tell him something that will inadvertently challenge his way of life. As a result of their meeting, he meets new people and encounters many problems, which he must solve to keep living in peace.
- Manga, 15/114 (2003)HomunculusShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkHomunculus tells the story of a middle aged man, who spends his days living in a car, smack inbetween a park infested with homeless people and a large, upper-class hotel complex. He has nothing, yet he is always classily dressed and looks well taken care of, despite the fact he sleeps in his car. Once a day, he always takes the car out for a ride, no matter what the weather. One day, an oddly dressed young man approaches him, and asks him if he would like to participate in a little experiment... Involving having a hole drilled in his skull. He promptly refuses; he has no need for money anyway. The next day, however, his car runs out of gas and gets towed. Desperate for money to get his car back, he approaches the young man and accepts to have the hole drilled in his skull. ''A safe procedure.'', he is assured. But then, of course, that's when the side effects kick in...
- Manga, 19/93 (2004)Vampire KnightHakusensha, Inc.Romantic DramaOriginal WorkCross Adademy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, protecting the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires!
- Manga, 7/18 (1991)Tokyo BabylonKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkTokyo. The cultural and economic hub of the Eastern world. Not unlike the legendary city of Babylon, its man-made tower stretches toward the heavens ... a symbol of its people's ambition and their indomitable spirit. Nowhere on Earth will you find such vanity ... or such beauty. This is my home. My name is Sumeragi Subaru, and I hunt the dead. Then I return them to peace. No matter where my work leads me, I suspect I'll never leave Tokyo in spirit. But then again, it seems so few people do these days ...
- Manga, 20/80 (2012)Bungo Stray DogsKadokawa ShotenAction ComedyOriginal WorkAfter young man Atsushi Nakajima saves a man from his wish of suicide, he and his friends join the "Arms Detective Company," a league of literary figures that also harness special powers.
- Manga, 1/15 (2006)Nijigahara HolographOhta Publishing, CompanyDramaOriginal WorkEven as butterflies ominously proliferate in town, the rumor of a mysterious creature lurking in the tunnel behind the school spreads among the children. When the body of Arié Kimura's mother is found by this tunnel's entrance, next to apparently human traces, the legend seems to be confirmed. Is the end of the world coming? In order to appease the wrath of the beast, the children decide to offer it a sacrifice: The unfortunate Arié, whom they believe to be the cause of the curse, is shoved into a well that leads to the Nijigahara tunnel — an act that in turns pushes Komatsuzaki, the budding thug who has carried a torch for Arié for a while already, entirely over the edge. But this is only the beginning of the complex, challenging, obliquely told Nijigahara Holograph, which takes place in two separate timelines and involves the suicidal Suzuki; Higure, his stalkerish would-be girlfriend; their teacher Miss Sakaki, whose heavily bandaged face remains a mystery; and many more — brothers, sisters, parents, co-workers, teachers, aggressors and victims who are all inextricably linked to one another and all will eventually — ten years later — have to live with what they’ve done or suffered through.