- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 13/- (1997)Shin Tekken ChinmiKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkIn the previous "Kung-Fu Boy" series, Chinmi became the master of Kempo at Dairin temple, where he trained disciples. When they lose contact with Kyorinji, a temple of the same sect, Chinmi is dispatched to the Kanan Autonomous region to investigate. He tries to enter Kanan with Pushin, a swordmaster whom he met traveling to Kanan. But they are attacked after trying to enter Kanan and pursued by the Border Police who chase them into a waterfall. A fisherman saves them and aids their entrance into Kanan. The people of Kanan are forcibly oppressed by the government. Chinmi befriends the people and makes the big decision to free them with his Kempo.
- Manga, 12/108 (2003)Death NoteShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkLight Yagami is an ace student with great prospects--and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal…or his life?
- Manga, 2/10 (2018)Dance in the Vampire Bund A.S.O.Media FactoryAction DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/6 (2011)Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no KoukouseiEnterbrainThrillerVideo Game
- Manga, 16/- (2015)Gift±Nihonbungeisha Co., Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 3/13 (2008)Phantom: Requiem for the PhantomMedia FactoryAction DramaVisual Novel
- Manhwa, ? (2017)Sweet HomeNaver CorporationHorrorOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/- (2017)Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: 24-oku Dasshutsu-henKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 18/162 (1994)MonsterShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkJohann is a cold and calculating killer with a mysterious past, and brilliant Dr. Kenzo Tenma is the only one who can stop him! Conspiracy and serial murder open the door to a compelling, intricately woven plot in this compelling work of suspense.
- Manga, 1/6 (2011)Higurashi When They Cry: Dice Killing ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.DramaVisual Novel
- Manga, 3/16 (2012)In These Words801 MediaDramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 8/65 (2003)PlutoShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkIn an ideal world where man and robots coexist, someone or something has destroyed the powerful Swiss robot Mont Blanc. Elsewhere a key figure in a robot rights group is murdered. The two incidents appear to be unrelated...except for one very conspicuous clue - the bodies of both victims have been fashioned into some sort of bizarre collage complete with makeshift horns placed by the victims' heads. Interpol assigns robot detective Gesicht to this most strange and complex case - and he eventually discovers that he too, as one of the seven great robots of the world, is one of the targets.
- Manga, 4/16 (2006)Higurashi When They Cry: Atonement ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelRena Ryugu has made a lot of great friends since returning to Hinamizawa a year ago. But the happiness of playing with her classmates can hardly make up for the sadness she feels at home. Her father’s new lover spends more and more time at their house, making Rena feel that she is no longer as needed as she was when her mother first abandoned the family for another man. Rena thought that coming back to the village would end the curse that tore apart her family and her mind, but she can’t shake the feeling that more heartbreak is in store…
- Manga, 2/19 (2018)Douji GunkanShuueisha Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 20/175 (1998)One Outs: Nobody wins, but I!Shuueisha Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkTokuchi Toua is a baseball pitcher who participates in a gambling game of 'One Outs' which is a one-one duel with the batter. The aim is to to strike out the batter before he can potentially score a run. Through a series of circumstances he ends up in a professional baseball team where he uses his gambling skills against opponents that will stop at nothing to crush him
- Manga, 22/249 (1999)20th Century BoysShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkHumanity, having faced extinction at the end of the 20th century, would not have entered the new millennium if it weren't for them. In 1969, during their youth, they created a symbol. In 1997, as the coming disaster slowly starts to unfold, that symbol returns. This is the story of a group of boys who try to save the world.
- Manga, 4/21 (2007)Higurashi When They Cry: Eye Opening ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelThe long-awaited 'answer arc' to the Higurashi WHEN THEY CRY Cotton Drifting Arc: You've already met Keiichi Maebara and his mischievous friends in the Abducted by Demons Arc. But Oyashiro-sama's curse is poised to strike anew in Hinamizawa village. When Keiichi spots tomboy Mion working at a maid café, he can hardly believe his eyes! But it's not Mion after all - it's her identical twin sister, Shion. Keiichi's never heard of this 'twin sister' before and suspects it's just another one of Mion's pranks. But through Shion, Keiichi is able to see a quieter, more feminine side of his best friend, even if it is all an act. As Keiichi spends more time with Shion, however, Rena grows more accusatory...
- Manga, 13/131 (2004)Tobaku Datenroku KaijiKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 8/44 (2012)ERASEDKadokawa ShotenThrillerOriginal WorkSatoru Fujinuma is a struggling manga artist who has the ability to turn back time and prevent deaths. When his mother is killed he turns back time to solve the mystery, but ends up back in elementary school, just before the disappearance of his classmate Kayo.
- Manga, 6/25 (2008)Higurashi When They Cry: Massacre ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelAs each incarnation of the terrible events in Hinamizawa unfolds, Rika Furude must watch as her friends descend into madness and despair, knowing the only fate that awaits her is death. With the unique ability to see all of these worlds, Rika desperately searches for the common links between them that will help her stop the cycle and give her and her friends a happy future beyond June 1983. But with less than a month before the cotton drifting in her current life, will Rika be able to change destiny in time?
- Light Novel, 7/40 (2009)The Empty Box and Zeroth MariaASCII Media WorksThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 8/35 (2008)Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelWhen her parents are killed in a terrible train accident, a young Miyo Takano is sent to live at an orphanage deep in the mountains. Little does she know that her parents' deaths are just the beginning of her hell, as the institution is run by a group of greedy, cruel men who care nothing for the grief-stricken girl. Subjected to abuses beyond imagining, Miyo and her roommates plan to escape, despite rumors of the terrible punishments that have befallen past runaways...
- Manga, 10/97 (2007)Maoh: Juvenile RemixShougakukan Inc.ThrillerNovel"As crazy as your ideas might be, as long as you believe in yourself and tackle the issue head-on, you can even change the world." Ando is a high school student who has the power to make others say out loud what he's thinking. Inukai is the mysterious leader of a vigilante group called Grasshopper, which is at odds with the city's redevelopment plan. In this chaotic city, these two will come together to weave a story of courage, determination and confrontation.
- Manga, 13/134 (2000)Tobaku Hakairoku KaijiKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 2/7 (2006)Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelLife couldn’t be better for Keiichi Maebara. Sure, he’s moved to a sleepy, little town where nothing happens and high school consists of a one-room schoolhouse — but his new friends and fellow students are all cute girls! When he happens upon a story about a grisly local murder, however, his contentment turns to uneasiness as he finds himself drawn into a web of silent intrigue that involves his newfound friends…and threatens his very existence.
- Manga, 9/45 (2002)FinderBiblos Co., Ltd., libre inc.Action DramaOriginal WorkWhile on assignment trying to document the illegal activities of the Japanese underworld, photographer Takaba crosses paths with the dark and mysterious leader Asami. Asami takes Takaba captive, in an attempt to subjugate and possess him. But when the son of the Chinese mafia enters demanding evidence that Takaba may have, will Takaba be able to survive being caught in the crosshairs of a deadly underworld feud?
- Manga, 3/24 (2010)Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 5: End of the Golden WitchSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelBlurb Beatrice is dead, her soul shattered by Battler at her own request. Though her body sits across the chessboard, she is no more than a husk of the laughing, impulsive witch she once was. Lambdadelta is more than happy to preside over the fifth game, and Bernkastel willingly steps in for Battler as he takes his leave to collect his thoughts. But two witches can cause all manner of mischief when left to their own devices, especially when they care as little for rules as Lambdadelta …
- Manga, 11/101 (2002)Black LagoonShougakukan Inc.ActionOriginal WorkLock n' load with the baddest group of mercenaries ever to hit the high seas of Southeast Asia! Aboard their World War II torpedo boat, the Black Lagoon, Dutch the Boss, Benny the Mechanic, Revy Two Hand, and Rock, the salaryman from Japan, deliver anything, anywhere. In the dangerous underworld of the Russian Mafia, Chinese triads, Colombian drug cartels, crazed assassins, and ruthless mercenaries, it's hard to know who to trust. But if you've got a delivery to make, and you don't mind a little property damage along the way, you can count on the crew of the Black Lagoon!
- Manga, 2/13 (2005)Higurashi When They Cry: Curse Killing ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelIn this new re-telling, Keiichi, the new boy in the small mountain village of Hinamizawa, learns that his friend Satoko had a brother who disappeared. She's never fully recovered, so Keiichi is encouraged by fellow club member Rika to take the place of Satoko's brother in her life until her brother gets back. Keiichi and Satoko's bond gets stronger and stroger as he discovers how smart and resourceful she is but he also learns about Oyashiro-Sama's Curse, which allegedly claimed Satoko's family as its victims...
- Manga, 20/165 (2008)Billy BatKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal WorkIt's 1949, and Kevin Yamagata is a Japanese-American comic book artist drawing the popular detective series "Billy Bat." When he learns he may have unconsciously copied the character from an image he saw serving in occupied Japan, he returns to Japan to get permission to use Billy Bat from its original creator. Upon arriving there, however, he becomes embroiled in a web of murder, cover-ups, and prophecy that all leads back to Billy Bat.
- Manga, 17/75 (2001)Shin Angyo OnshiShougakukan Inc., Daewon Culture Industry Inc.AdventureOriginal WorkAfter the disappearance of the kingdom of Jushin, the power-hungry governors bring terror to the defenseless villagers. Only one of the secret agents of that kingdom is left, the Angyo Onshi named Mun-Su. Together with his bodyguard Mon-Ryong, he travels the country to protect the oppressed and punish the tyrants. Much of the story mixes Korean legends and historical truths.
- Manga, 2/9 (2005)Higurashi When They Cry: Time Killing ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelFive years before Keiichi Maebara moved to Hinamizawa, inspector Mamoru Akasaka was sent from the Tokyo police to investigate the kidnapping of another officer's grandchild. The investigation leads him further and further into the greater mystery surrounding Hinamizawa and Oyashiro-sama's curse.
- Manga, 5/26 (2008)Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 2: Turn of the Golden WitchSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelBlurb With help from the witch Beatrice, Shannon has enjoyed a budding romance with George Ushiromiya, her master’s eldest grandson. As a servant of the Ushiromiya estate, Shannon is little more than furniture, but since her bargain with Beatrice, Shannon has never felt happier … or more human. Her brother and fellow servant, Kanon, is troubled by his sister’s reliance on the with to reach beyond her lowly status. But when love begins to flutter in Kanon’s heart, will he be tempted to abandon his station and take the witch's hand as well?
- Manga, 14/- (2013)Tomodachi GameKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 2/16 (2006)21st Century BoysShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkWar is over. The Friend is dead. Mankind no longer faces the threat of extinction. Peace has finally come to Tokyo... Or has it? The mystery still remains. Nobody knows who the Friend was and where he came from. The only clue is hidden deep within the memories—the memories of the hero Kenji. It is time to open Pandora’s Box to discover what is left at the bottom.
- Manga, 2/12 (2005)Higurashi When They Cry: Cotton Drifting ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelThe Cotton-Drifting Arc Shion, a girl claiming to be Mion's younger sister, takes control of Keiichi's life. The story progresses like a love comedy set at the restaurant Angel Mort. But as the night of the Cotton Drifting Festival approaches, the story takes a dramatic turn...for the worst.
- Manga, 18/164 (1989)Ten: Tenna Toori no KaidanjiTakeshobo Co., Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 8/23 (2015)Can You Just Die, My Darling?Kodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 2/8 (2006)Higurashi When They Cry: Demon Exposing ArcKadokawa ShotenHorrorVisual NovelIt's been almost a year since Natsumi and her family moved from the town of Onigafuchi. Her grandmother, a native of Hinamizawa village, fears that they will be cursed for abandoning the mountains, but Natsumi has never been happier, making new friends and enjoying school life. When a terrible gas explosion in Hinamizawa wipes out everyone in the village, her grandmother is convinced it is the wrath of the village god, Oyashiro-sama. Natsumi's family has never taken Grandmother's beliefs seriously, but her devotion to Oyashiro-sama has taken a frightening turn. Have the old woman's fanatical convictions gone too far?
- Manga, 12/59 (2006)Future DiaryKadokawa ShotenThrillerOriginal WorkYukiteru may be an ordinary student--he doesn't stand out and classmates ignore him. And his only hobby is the daily diary he keeps on his cell phone. But Yukiteru has a secret that nobody knows about... And vicious game of survival is about to begin among twelve diary holders--with the winner crowned god of a new world! Sakae Esuno's chilling shonen masterpiece is a relentless adventure that will have you questioning the boundaries of time and space--and hoping for the slightest glimmer of hope in a dark, desolate world that may look surprisingly familiar to all of us...