- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 6/35 (2006)Taimashin: The Red Spider ExorcistMedia FactoryHorror
- Manga, 40/356 (1989)BerserkHakusensha, Inc.ActionOriginal WorkHis name is Guts, the Black Swordsman, a feared warrior spoken only in whispers. Bearer of a gigantic sword, an iron hand, and the scars of countless battles and tortures, his flesh is also indelibly marked with The Brand, an unholy symbol that draws the forces of darkness to him and dooms him as their sacrifice. But Guts won't take his fate lying down; he'll cut a crimson swath of carnage through the ranks of the damned-and anyone else foolish enough to oppose him! Accompanied by Puck the Elf, more an annoyance than a companion, Guts relentlessly follows a dark, bloodstained path that leads only to death...or vengeance.
- Manga, 4/6 (2011)Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no KoukouseiKadokawa ShotenThrillerVideo Game
- Light Novel, 6/- (2016)Nidome no Yuusha wa Fukushuu no Michi o Warai AyumuMedia FactoryAction DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 3/13 (2008)Phantom: Requiem for the PhantomMedia FactoryAction DramaVisual Novel
- Manhwa, 10/72 (2007)The BreakerDaewon Culture Industry Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal Work
- Light Novel, 1/6 (2012)Shousetsu Finder no Rakuinlibre inc.Action DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 6/24 (2010)Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 6: Dawn of the Golden WitchSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelBlurb Battler assumes control of the sixth game, wielding his new golden truth as he parries the logical blows of the detective-and-witch, Erika Furudo. For Battler, what began as a contest over the existence of magic has become a fight to revive the fiery, vibrant Beatrice of his early clashes on the game board. The logical loops and rules of the game were already complex, but now as the game master, Battler must quickly learn how to shape the events to his and Beatrice’s ultimate ends without getting locked in a closed room by Erika, the Witch of Truth!
- Manga, 12/107 (2002)Elfen LiedShuueisha Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal WorkThe Diclonius, a mutated homo sapien that is said to be selected by God and will eventually become the destruction of mankind, possesses two horns in their heads, and has a "sixth sense" which gives it telekinetic abilities. Due to this dangerous power, they have been captured and isolated in laboratories by the government. Lucy, a young and psychotic Diclonius, manages to break free of her confines and brutally murder most of the guards in the laboratory, only to get shot in the head as she makes her escape. She survives and manages to drift along to a beach, where two teenagers named Kouta and Yuka discovers her. Having lost her memories, she was named after the only thing that she can now say, "Nyuu," and the two allow her to stay at Kouta's home. However, it appears that the evil "Lucy" is not dead just yet...
- Manga, 5/22 (2009)Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 3: Banquet of the Golden WitchSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelBlurb Time holds little meaning for Beatrice the Millennial Witch. Replaying the events leading up to the Golden Banquet again and again only gives her more opportunity to play with her new favorite toy, Battler Ushiromiya. The boy’s will to resist the witch remains strong as the curtain rises for a third time on the Ushiromiya family’s annual reunion. But as Beatrice pulls more and more players into the game, the strain on Battler’s defenses is evident. Do the other members of his family hold the key to solving the witch's riddle and sealing her defeat?!
- Manga, 35/380 (1998)Hunter X HunterShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkHunters are a special breed, dedicated to tracking down treasures, magical beasts, and even other men. But such pursuits require a license, and less than one in a hundred thousand can pass the grueling qualification exam. Those who do pass gain access to restricted areas, amazing stores of information, and the right to call themselves Hunters.
- Manga, 4/21 (2007)Higurashi When They Cry: Eye Opening ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelThe long-awaited 'answer arc' to the Higurashi WHEN THEY CRY Cotton Drifting Arc: You've already met Keiichi Maebara and his mischievous friends in the Abducted by Demons Arc. But Oyashiro-sama's curse is poised to strike anew in Hinamizawa village. When Keiichi spots tomboy Mion working at a maid café, he can hardly believe his eyes! But it's not Mion after all - it's her identical twin sister, Shion. Keiichi's never heard of this 'twin sister' before and suspects it's just another one of Mion's pranks. But through Shion, Keiichi is able to see a quieter, more feminine side of his best friend, even if it is all an act. As Keiichi spends more time with Shion, however, Rena grows more accusatory...
- Manga, 4/16 (2006)Higurashi When They Cry: Atonement ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelRena Ryugu has made a lot of great friends since returning to Hinamizawa a year ago. But the happiness of playing with her classmates can hardly make up for the sadness she feels at home. Her father’s new lover spends more and more time at their house, making Rena feel that she is no longer as needed as she was when her mother first abandoned the family for another man. Rena thought that coming back to the village would end the curse that tore apart her family and her mind, but she can’t shake the feeling that more heartbreak is in store…
- Manga, 3/24 (2010)Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 5: End of the Golden WitchSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelBlurb Beatrice is dead, her soul shattered by Battler at her own request. Though her body sits across the chessboard, she is no more than a husk of the laughing, impulsive witch she once was. Lambdadelta is more than happy to preside over the fifth game, and Bernkastel willingly steps in for Battler as he takes his leave to collect his thoughts. But two witches can cause all manner of mischief when left to their own devices, especially when they care as little for rules as Lambdadelta …
- Manga, 24/107 (2006)Pandora HeartsSquare Enix Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkThe air of celebration surrounding fifteen-year-old Oz Vessalius’s coming-of-age ceremony quickly turns to horror when he is condemned for a sin about which he knows nothing. He is thrown into an eternal, inescapable prison known as the Abyss from which there is no escape. There, he meets a young girl named Alice, who is not what she seems. Now that the relentless cogs of fate have begun to turn, do they lead only to crushing despair for Oz, or is there some shred of hope for him to grasp on to?
- Manga, 4/18 (1999)B-EyesHakusensha, Inc.Action Drama
- Manga, 27/155 (2001)ClaymoreShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkIn a world where monsters called Yoma prey on humans and live among them in disguise, humanity's only hope is a new breed of warrior known as Claymores. Half human, half monster, these silver-eyed slayers possess supernatural strength but are condemned to fight their savage impulses or lose their humanity completely.
- Manga, 26/109 (2009)Attack on TitanKodansha Ltd.HorrorOriginal WorkIn this post-apocalytpic sci-fi story, humanity has been devastated by the bizarre, giant humanoids known as the Titans. Little is known about where they came from or why they are bent on consuming mankind. Seemingly unintelligent, they have roamed the world for years, killing everyone they see. For the past century, what's left of man has hidden in a giant, three-walled city. People believe their 100-meter-high walls will protect them from the Titans, but the sudden appearance of an immense Titan is about to change everything.
- Manga, 6/25 (2008)Higurashi When They Cry: Massacre ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelAs each incarnation of the terrible events in Hinamizawa unfolds, Rika Furude must watch as her friends descend into madness and despair, knowing the only fate that awaits her is death. With the unique ability to see all of these worlds, Rika desperately searches for the common links between them that will help her stop the cycle and give her and her friends a happy future beyond June 1983. But with less than a month before the cotton drifting in her current life, will Rika be able to change destiny in time?
- Manga, 2/7 (2006)Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelLife couldn’t be better for Keiichi Maebara. Sure, he’s moved to a sleepy, little town where nothing happens and high school consists of a one-room schoolhouse — but his new friends and fellow students are all cute girls! When he happens upon a story about a grisly local murder, however, his contentment turns to uneasiness as he finds himself drawn into a web of silent intrigue that involves his newfound friends…and threatens his very existence.
- Manga, 21/151 (2005)Vinland SagaKodansha Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkAs a child, Thorfinn sat at the feet of the great Leif Ericson and thrilled to wild tales of a land far to the west. But his youthful fantasies were shattered by a mercenary raid. Raised by the Vikings who murdered his family, Thorfinn became a terrifying warrior, forever seeking to kill the band’s leader, Askeladd, and avenge his father. Sustaining Throfinn through his ordeal are his pride in his family and his dreams of a fertile westward land, a land without war or slavery… the land Leif called Vinland.
- Manga, 2/13 (2005)Higurashi When They Cry: Curse Killing ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelIn this new re-telling, Keiichi, the new boy in the small mountain village of Hinamizawa, learns that his friend Satoko had a brother who disappeared. She's never fully recovered, so Keiichi is encouraged by fellow club member Rika to take the place of Satoko's brother in her life until her brother gets back. Keiichi and Satoko's bond gets stronger and stroger as he discovers how smart and resourceful she is but he also learns about Oyashiro-Sama's Curse, which allegedly claimed Satoko's family as its victims...
- Manga, 8/45 (2002)FinderBiblos Co., Ltd., libre inc.Action DramaOriginal WorkWhile on assignment trying to document the illegal activities of the Japanese underworld, photographer Takaba crosses paths with the dark and mysterious leader Asami. Asami takes Takaba captive, in an attempt to subjugate and possess him. But when the son of the Chinese mafia enters demanding evidence that Takaba may have, will Takaba be able to survive being caught in the crosshairs of a deadly underworld feud?
- Manga, 10/96 (2002)Black LagoonShougakukan Inc.ActionOriginal WorkLock n' load with the baddest group of mercenaries ever to hit the high seas of Southeast Asia! Aboard their World War II torpedo boat, the Black Lagoon, Dutch the Boss, Benny the Mechanic, Revy Two Hand, and Rock, the salaryman from Japan, deliver anything, anywhere. In the dangerous underworld of the Russian Mafia, Chinese triads, Colombian drug cartels, crazed assassins, and ruthless mercenaries, it's hard to know who to trust. But if you've got a delivery to make, and you don't mind a little property damage along the way, you can count on the crew of the Black Lagoon!
- Manga, 2/9 (2005)Higurashi When They Cry: Time Killing ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelFive years before Keiichi Maebara moved to Hinamizawa, inspector Mamoru Akasaka was sent from the Tokyo police to investigate the kidnapping of another officer's grandchild. The investigation leads him further and further into the greater mystery surrounding Hinamizawa and Oyashiro-sama's curse.
- Manga, 2/8 (2006)Higurashi When They Cry: Demon Exposing ArcKadokawa ShotenHorrorVisual NovelIt's been almost a year since Natsumi and her family moved from the town of Onigafuchi. Her grandmother, a native of Hinamizawa village, fears that they will be cursed for abandoning the mountains, but Natsumi has never been happier, making new friends and enjoying school life. When a terrible gas explosion in Hinamizawa wipes out everyone in the village, her grandmother is convinced it is the wrath of the village god, Oyashiro-sama. Natsumi's family has never taken Grandmother's beliefs seriously, but her devotion to Oyashiro-sama has taken a frightening turn. Have the old woman's fanatical convictions gone too far?
- Manga, 2/12 (2005)Higurashi When They Cry: Cotton Drifting ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelThe Cotton-Drifting Arc Shion, a girl claiming to be Mion's younger sister, takes control of Keiichi's life. The story progresses like a love comedy set at the restaurant Angel Mort. But as the night of the Cotton Drifting Festival approaches, the story takes a dramatic turn...for the worst.
- Manga, 2/8 (2004)Deep Love: Ayu no MonogatariKodansha Ltd.DramaNovelAyu is a high school girl who is prostituting because she thinks money is one of the most important things in life. One day she meets an old kind lady who changes her view on life a bit, when the old lady becomes ill and passes away she decides to earn money on an honest way (not by selling her body) to be able to pay for the operation which Yoshiyuki (the son of the old lady) needs.
- Manga, 8/35 (2008)Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelWhen her parents are killed in a terrible train accident, a young Miyo Takano is sent to live at an orphanage deep in the mountains. Little does she know that her parents' deaths are just the beginning of her hell, as the institution is run by a group of greedy, cruel men who care nothing for the grief-stricken girl. Subjected to abuses beyond imagining, Miyo and her roommates plan to escape, despite rumors of the terrible punishments that have befallen past runaways...
- Manga, 6/26 (2009)Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 4: Alliance of the Golden WitchSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelTwelve years after her loved ones were brutally murdered at the annual family meeting, Ange Ushiromiya, now eighteen, is the sole heir of the Ushiromiya family. Ostracized by her peers, Ange seeks companionship in the pages of a diary left behind by her cousin, Maria. The diary offers a precious glimpse of Maria’s world—her struggles at school, her friendship with the stuffed lion Sakutarou, and her fascination with magic. It’s as if the diary contains the last remnants of Ange’s dear cousin … and an opportunity for Ange to discover the magic within herself …
- Manga, 5/26 (2008)Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 2: Turn of the Golden WitchSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelBlurb With help from the witch Beatrice, Shannon has enjoyed a budding romance with George Ushiromiya, her master’s eldest grandson. As a servant of the Ushiromiya estate, Shannon is little more than furniture, but since her bargain with Beatrice, Shannon has never felt happier … or more human. Her brother and fellow servant, Kanon, is troubled by his sister’s reliance on the with to reach beyond her lowly status. But when love begins to flutter in Kanon’s heart, will he be tempted to abandon his station and take the witch's hand as well?
- Light Novel, 7/40 (2009)The Empty Box and the Zeroth MariaASCII Media WorksThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 37/383 (2000)GantzShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkThe last thing Kei and Masaru remember was being struck dead by a subway train while saving the life of a drunken bum. What a waste! And yet somehow they're still . . . alive? Or semi-alive? Maybe it's reanimated . . . by some kind of alien orb with a nasty message . . . "Your lives are over. What you do with your new lives is up to me!" And what this orb called "Gantz" intends to do with their lives is make them play games of death, hunting all kinds of odd aliens, along with a bunch of other ordinary citizens who've recently met a tragic semi-end. The missions they embark upon are often dangerous. Many die-and die again.
- Manga, 8/23 (2015)Can You Just Die, My Darling?Kodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work
- Manga, 13/58 (2007)Deadman WonderlandKadokawa ShotenActionOriginal WorkTen years have passed since the Great Tokyo Earthquake, and the people's memories of the disaster have faded. Ganta Igarashi, a middle school evacuee, has finally begun to live a normal life...That is, until the day "Red Man" appears at his school and Ganta's fate is changed forever. His entire class is brutally murdered, and although innocent of the crime, Ganta is sentenced to death and sent to the bizarre prison known as "Deadman Wonderland." An insane and brutal game of prison survival begins!
- Manhwa, 26/107 (1998)RebirthDaewon Culture Industry Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkThree hundred years ago the Sorcerer Kalutika Maybus sealed the vampire Deshwitat in limbo after killing his fiancee, Lilith. For centuries, Deshwitat's mind calculated revenge while his body slumbered ... until now. A band of spiritual investigators has inadvertently broken the seal that binds him, and Deshwitat has been released. A lot has changed since the 17th century. Carriages have been replaced by cars, the Internet connects the world, and vampires have become the stuff of legends. But beneath the veneer of technology, magic and religion still reign supreme. Kalutika is the most powerful person in the world, although few actually know he exists. Prophecy foretold that Kalutika would destroy the Earth. Deshwitat's quest is now not just one of revenge, but of redemption ... for himself, and the world. Joined by an excommunicated exorcist and a spiritual investigator, Deshwitat begins his bloodquest. The hunted is now the hunter.
- Manga, 11/- (2006)Togainu no ChiEnterbrainAction DramaVisual NovelThe Igura: a deadly battle game where players stake their lives in the ruined city of Toshima. In a post-apocalyptic Japan where the underworld rules the day, Akira is placed in jail for murder. He's given a chance at freedom if he can win the game. Whether he finds victory, death, or even love, he will be in for the fight of his life! Based on the ground-breaking bishonen game!
- Manga, 15/80 (2010)Akame ga Kill!Square Enix Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkAkame was bought and brainwashed at a very young age and thus turned into an Empire assassin. One day Akame, who knows of nothing but of how to kill meets a boy named Tatsumi. His life is turned upside down by their meeting and he is forced to make a decision – he vows to stand up against the malevolence of the Empire!
- Manga, 12/59 (2006)Future DiaryKadokawa ShotenThrillerOriginal WorkYukiteru may be an ordinary student--he doesn't stand out and classmates ignore him. And his only hobby is the daily diary he keeps on his cell phone. But Yukiteru has a secret that nobody knows about... And vicious game of survival is about to begin among twelve diary holders--with the winner crowned god of a new world! Sakae Esuno's chilling shonen masterpiece is a relentless adventure that will have you questioning the boundaries of time and space--and hoping for the slightest glimmer of hope in a dark, desolate world that may look surprisingly familiar to all of us...
- Manga, 10/64 (1990)ParasyteKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkThey arrive in silence and darkness. They descend from the skies. They have a hunger for human flesh. They are everywhere. They are parasites, alien creatures who must invade–and take control of–a human host to survive. And once they have infected their victims, they can assume any deadly form they choose: monsters with giant teeth, winged demons, creatures with blades for hands. But most have chosen to conceal their lethal purpose behind ordinary human faces. So no one knows their secret–except an ordinary high school student. Shin is battling for control of his own body against an alien parasite, but can he find a way to warn humanity of the horrors to come?