- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 6/50 (2013)Hayate x Blade 2Shuueisha Inc.Action ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/68 (2000)Ninin Ga Shinobuden: The Nonsense Kunoichi FictionMedia WorksNonsense-ComedyOriginal WorkIn this story, our heroine Shinobu is a female ninja in training. The only trouble is, she seems more interested in hanging out with her friend Kaede, and the fact that her ninja Master is a round yellow thing(?) that pretends to be hawk isn't helping. Come join the world of Shinobuden where each chapter is an adventure jammed packed with antics, parodies and laughs.
- Manga, 1/10 (2011)Black Rock-chanKadokawa ShotenNonsense-Comedy
- Manga, 20/162 (2012)One-Punch ManShuueisha Inc.Action ComedyOriginal WorkBlurb: Nothing about Saitama passes the eyeball test when it comes to superheroes, from his lifeless expression to his bald head to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking guy has a not-so-average problem—he just can’t seem to find an opponent strong enough to take on! Every time a promising villain appears, he beats the snot out of ’em with one punch! Can Saitama finally find an opponent who can go toe-to-toe with him and give his life some meaning? Or is he doomed to a life of superpowered boredom?
- Manga, 77/704 (2003)Gin TamaShuueisha Inc.Nonsense-ComedyOriginal WorkThe samurai didn't stand a chance. First, the aliens invaded Japan. Next, they took all the jobs. And then they confiscated everyone's swords. So what does a hotheaded former samurai like Gintoki "Gin" Sakata do to make ends meet? Take any odd job that comes his way, even if it means losing his dignity.
- Manga, 35/193 (1985)City HunterTokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd., Shuueisha Inc.Action ComedyOriginal WorkRyo Saeba is a "sweeper" in the city of Tokyo. His works as a trouble shooter, cleaning the streets of vermin, and helping out desperate people. Sometimes he's a bodyguard, sometimes he's an assassin, whatever Ryo does he does it well. In fact his only flaw is his hormones - he loves the ladies and sometimes turns into an idiot when he's near them. Thankfully he's got people like his partner Kaori Makimura to keep him in check.
- Manga, 16/158 (1992)Mahoujin Guru GuruEnix CorporationAdventureOriginal Work
- Manga, 30/302 (2005)Sayonara, Zetsubou-SenseiKodansha Ltd.Nonsense-ComedyOriginal WorkNozomu Itoshiki is depressed. Very depressed. He’s certifiably suicidal, but he’s also the beloved schoolteacher of a class of unique students, each charming in her own way: The stalker. The shut-in. The obsessive-compulsive. The girl who comes to class every day with strange bruises. And Kafuka, the most optimistic girl in the world, who knows that every cloud has a silver lining. For all of them, it’s a special time, when the right teacher can have a lasting positive effect on their lives. But is that teacher Itoshiki, a.k.a. Zetsubou-sensei, who just wants to find the perfect place to die?
- Manga, 3/14 (2016)Mermaid BoysKodansha Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 10/113 (2005)Detroit Metal CityHakusensha, Inc.ComedyOriginal WorkBy all appearances, Souichi Negishi is a sweet, well-mannered boy who likes Swedish pop music, trendy boutiques, and all things fashionable. But at the same time he's also Krauser II, front man for Detroit Metal City, an indie death metal band whose popularity increases by the day. Once the DMC makeup goes on and Souichi takes the stage, his natural talent as a death metal god can't help but flourish. Is this the band he's truly destined to be in?
- Manga, 18/126 (1997)Eden: It's an Endless World!Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkIn the tradition of cyberpunk classic "Akira" comes "Eden", a story about a boy's survival in a post-apocalyptic world where problems are solved with bullets, love is bought, and his only companion is a cybernetic killing-machine called Cherubim! The planet has been devastated by the pandemic Closure virus, leaving what remains of a crumbling society in the hands of a sinister paramilitary group known as the Propater. When young Elijah Ballard is captured by a group of mercenaries while on a quest to find his long-lost mother, he realises his adventures have only just begun...Philosophical, heartbreaking, action-packed and beautifully illustrated, "Eden" truly is paradise on earth. It is published in Japanese right-to-left reading format. It is for adults only!
- Manga, 26/268 (2008)Kami nomi zo Shiru SekaiShougakukan Inc.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkKatsuragi Keima is known on the net at the Capturing God, while in real life he is an otamegane who hates all real girls. However he is approached by Elsee, a devil from hell, to help her in catching runaway spirits that hide in people. Apparently the spirits only hide in the hearts of girls and the only way to get the souls out is by making the girl fall in love so the spirit gets forced out. Keima must capture all the spirits in the world so that his contract with hell ends.
- Manga, 27/240 (2009)BeelzebubShuueisha Inc.Action ComedyOriginal Work"Strongest juvenile delinquent" Oga Tatsumi, in the most random events, finds himself with the infant son of the Great Demon King and threat to humankind, Beelzebub. After being "greeted" by the baby's maid and caretaker, Hilda, it become obvious that Beelzebub doesn't want to leave Oga's side. With his close friend Furuichi and a bunch of other characters on hand, Oga now must raise baby Beel and prevent the world from destruction.
- Manga, 4/- (2006)Disgaea 2: Cursed MemoriesMedia WorksAdventureVideo GameTimes have calmed down since Laharl united the kingdoms. Etna fed up with Laharl's lazy attitude decides to go off and become an Overlord herself. The land she chooses Veldime has been cursed by Overlord Zenon, so that all the human have become demons. Adell the last human goes on a quest to free Veldime of the curse. Reluctantly aided by Zenon's daugther Rozalin, who was accidentally summoned by Adell's mother. How this all plays out is anyone's guess.
- Manga, 52/568 (2004)Hayate the Combat ButlerShougakukan Inc.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkPoor Hayate Ayasaki is responsible for repaying his parents' 150 million yen debt. One Christmas, he meets a girl named Nagi, and after a series of misunderstandings, he somehow ends up working as her butler. Nagi covers for Hayate's debt, but has Hayate dug himself deeper into a different kind of hole? A hilarious tale of butlers, love and battles (?!).
- Manga, 3/- (2011)Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid LifeKadokawa ShotenComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 11/235 (2009)Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-sanKodansha Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/6 (2010)Fairy Tail +Kodansha Ltd.ComedyManga
- Manga, 4/16 (1998)Ludwig KakumeiHakusensha, Inc.AdventureOriginal WorkIn this grimm and realistic take on classic fairytales, Prince Ludwig, a female corpse collector, is ordered by his father to find himself a wife more suitable than the women he often brings into the castle. Along with his servant Peon, they travel across the land in search of fair maidens from classic stories in hopes of finding Ludwig a wife.
- Manga, 11/108 (2011)Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kunSquare Enix Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkWhen schoolgirl Sakura Chiyo confesses to classmate Nozaki that she has a crush on him, he gets convinced that she is a fan. Now Chiyo must try to convince Nozaki of her true feelings.
- Manga, 1/6 (2009)Struwwelpeter: Die RückkehrTokyopop GmbHNonsense-ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 22/283 (2003)School RumbleKodansha Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkShe . . . is a second-year high school student with a single all-consuming question: Will the boy she likes ever really notice her? He . . . is the school’s most notorious juvenile delinquent and he’s suddenly come to a shocking realization: He’s got a huge crush, and now he must tell her how he feels. Life-changing obsessions, colossal foul-ups, grand schemes, deep-seated anxieties, and raging hormones–School Rumble portrays high school as it really is: over-the-top comedy!
- Manga, 7/37 (2015)So I’m a Spider, So What?Kadokawa ShotenAction ComedyLight NovelI used to be a normal high school girl but in the blink of an eye, I woke up in a place I’ve never seen before and-and I was reborn as a spider?! How could something that’s nothing more than a tiny spider (that’s me) possibly survive in literally the worst dungeon ever? Are there no rules? There should be some rules! Who the hell is responsible for this? SHOW YOUR FACE!
- Manga, 17/85 (2009)Blood LadKadokawa ShotenAction ComedyOriginal WorkThe vampire Staz is one of the most powerful district bosses in the demon world, fending off everyone who dares challenge him. But secretly, the fearsome Staz is obsessed with human culture, especially video games, manga, and everything that comes from Japan! When a Japanese girl wanders into the demon world, Staz can't wait to meet the human and learn everything he can about her world. Unfortunately, before he's able to ask her anything, the girl is killed by one of his would-be usurpers, leaving just her bare soul behind. Staz vows to help the girl restore her body and return to her former life-especially since it means taking a trip to the human world himself!
- Manga, 2/17 (2003)Strawberry Shake SweetIchijinsha Ltd., Shuueisha Inc., Magazine Magazine Publishing Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkWhen Julia, the 16-year-old top talent in the company, learns that she is to "show the ropes" to a new talent, she's outraged. But when she meets the girl, Ran, Julia quickly agrees. Ran is very laid-back, but still very talented, and Julia spends much of her time plotting to get closer to Ran, while dealing with her manager's attempts to prevent scandal.
- Manga, 5/10 (2014)One Piece PartyShuueisha Inc.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 5/11 (2015)Koro-sensei Q!Shuueisha Inc.ComedyManga
- Manga, 10/243 (2004)Lucky StarKadokawa ShotenComedyOriginal WorkWhen eating a chocolate cornet which end do you begin with, the top or the bottom? Which side is the top and which is the bottom? For that matter, what is a chocolate cornet? The proper way to eat pastries is only one of the many everyday occurrences explored by the girls of Ms. Kuroi's class. Meet Konata, an athletic and intelligent girl too dedicated to her favorite primetime anime to excel in anything but otaku culture; Miyuki, the cute, bespectacled living example of moe with an encyclopedic knowledge of all subjects; Kagami, the bitter-sweet, tough but shy straight-man to Konata's constant teasing and pranks; and her younger fraternal twin sister, Tsukasa, a kind but air-headed klutz. Witness this study in the human condition as our heroines explore the unexplored in questioning the ordinary!
- Manga, 12/61 (2007)RatmanKadokawa ShotenAction ComedyOriginal WorkShuto Katsuragi is a shrimp that can't catch a break. He wants to emulate his favorite super hero, Mr. Thunder, but instead he gets teased all the time for his height and he can't win any fights. The one thing that keeps him going is his love for super heroes, which he shares with his classmate Mirea Mizushima. Little does he know that she's about to make his dreams come true by tricking him into participating in her mother's experiments!
- Manga, 11/- (2007)The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan: The Untold Adventures of the SOS BrigadeKadokawa ShotenNonsense-ComedyIf you thought the SOS Brigade’s adventures couldn’t get any more outrageous…you’ve never met Haruhi-chan! Nagato has gone otaku! Asakura is her pint-size prisoner/plaything! Mikuru’s so cute she turns into a sheep! You’ll find plenty of gags and guffaws as Haruhi dives into the world of four-panel and short comics!!
- Manga, 1/36 (2010)Tony Takezaki's Neon Genesis EvangelionKadokawa ShotenNonsense-ComedyAnimeYou saw his work in Neon Genesis Evangelion: Comic Tribute... depicting the truth about Rei with great sensitivity... Wait, that’s not the right word. What’s the opposite of “great sensitivity”? Well, whatever it is, Tony Takezaki’s got it, in this collection of all-new stories satirizing the Evangelion you saw on TV, as well as some scenes that apparently were never aired! SEE! Eva as a 1960s TV show! SEE! Kaworu and Shinji’s standup comedy career! SEE! Ritsuko’s days as Gendo’s student intern! SEE! Eva Units, flinging dookie! You’ll see all that and more, because this is Tony Takezaki’s Neon Genesis Evangelion!
- Manga, 16/77 (2010)Tokyo ESPKadokawa ShotenActionOriginal WorkRinka Urushiba’s world is turned upside down when she wakes up one day-after falling right through the floor. Encouraged by another ESPer who believes that Rinka’s destiny is to become a hero of justice, she soon learns to use her powers for good. And not a moment too soon, as those with less-than-admirable ambitions descend on Tokyo with their own sets of superpowers. As the mysterious glowing fish flitting through the city skies gift powers seemingly at random, foes become friends and alliances are made and broken. And what about that flying penguin?
- Manga, 18/115 (2003)Hayate Cross BladeMedia Works, Shuueisha Inc.Action ComedyOriginal WorkThe all-girls boarding school Tenchi Academy isn't just known for its quality academics--it's also known for training the top sword fighters in the country. Students in the special "Sword Bearer" program compete in a school-wide battle known as the Star Stealing, striving to win both money and fame. Enter Kurogane Hayate. With her sister Nagi recovering from a lingering injury, the spunky and cheerful Hayate must take her place at the Academy until Nagi is well enough to return. When Hayate learns of the mountain of debt her old orphanage, the Dandelion Garden, owes to Yakuza loan sharks, she decides to become a sword-bearer and win the Star Stealing. There's just one problem...she needs a partner to compete and the one girl Hayate has her eye on wants nothing to do with her!
- Manga, ? (2016)The Daily Life of Crunchyroll-HimeCrunchyrollComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/28 (2000)Slayers SpecialKadokawa ShotenComedyLight NovelLina Inverse the precocious and dangerous sorceress, has teamed up with the barbaric and busty Naga the white Serpent. Together, they fight demons, thieves and monsters all in the name of treasure and a good meal. Join Lina and Naga in their latest tale of tribulations and triumph through a medieval world of monsters, mayhem and monkey business!
- Light Novel, 16/70 (1989)SlayersFujimi ShobouAdventureOriginal Work
- Manga, 16/73 (2008)Binbougami ga!Shuueisha Inc.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 3/21 (1990)Even a Monkey Can Draw MangaShougakukan Inc.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 16/144 (2008)Mudazumo Naki KaikakuTakeshobo Co., Ltd.Nonsense-ComedyOriginal WorkPrime Minister Junichiro Koizumi leads Japan in a world where Heads of State are near-superhuman action heroes, and where battles are waged and scores are settled through matches of extreme mah-jongg.
- Manga, 26/242 (2002)Yakitate!! JapanShougakukan Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkEngland. France. Germany. What common thread binds these three nations together? Answer: each is famous for producing unique, distinctive, delicious bread. But what about Japan, home to rice and delicacies of the sea? Is there not a doughy, gastronomic delight they can claim as their own? The answer is no...until now! Kazuma Azuma, a 16-year-old-boy blessed with otherworldly baking powers, has taken it upon himself to create Ja-pan, the national bread of the land of the rising sun!