- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 2/9 (2013)Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Homura's Revenge!Houbunsha Co. Ltd.DramaAnimeBlurb Had Madoka Kaname known of the tragic transformation that would mark the end of her magical-girl journey, how would her story have unfolded? In this telling of her story, Madoka remembers the outcomes of her previous timelines – but so does Kyubey. Even with the knowledge of her previous lives, can Madoka outmaneuver Kyubey and avoid her fate?
- Manga, 12/108 (2003)Death NoteShuueisha Inc.CrimeOriginal WorkLight Yagami is an ace student with great prospects--and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal…or his life?
- Manga, 3/16 (2012)In These Words801 MediaDramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 16/15 (1967)PhoenixKodansha Ltd., Mushi Production Co., Ltd., Asahi Sonorama, Kadokawa CorporationAdventureOriginal WorkWith grand historical sweep, this self-contained opening volume of Osamu Tezuka's acclaimed Phoenix saga is an epic account of the human spirit in a time of chaos and warfare, where would-be warrior Nagi and his crew struggle against the elements, invaders, and history itself.
- Light Novel, 27/- (2008)Kyoukai Senjou no HorizonASCII Media WorksAction ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 14/96 (1994)Neon Genesis EvangelionKadokawa ShotenAction DramaAnimeIn 2015, the "Angels" have returned, and Shinji Ikari, a fourteen year-old child of the new Earth, is forced by his father Gendo--commander of the secret organization NERV--to pilot the monstrous biomechanical weapon called "Evangelion" to match the Angels' fearsome power...
- Manga, 17/75 (2001)Shin Angyo OnshiShougakukan Inc., Daewon Culture Industry Inc.AdventureOriginal WorkAfter the disappearance of the kingdom of Jushin, the power-hungry governors bring terror to the defenseless villagers. Only one of the secret agents of that kingdom is left, the Angyo Onshi named Mun-Su. Together with his bodyguard Mon-Ryong, he travels the country to protect the oppressed and punish the tyrants. Much of the story mixes Korean legends and historical truths.
- Manga, 20/165 (2008)Billy BatKodansha Ltd.ThrillerOriginal WorkIt's 1949, and Kevin Yamagata is a Japanese-American comic book artist drawing the popular detective series "Billy Bat." When he learns he may have unconsciously copied the character from an image he saw serving in occupied Japan, he returns to Japan to get permission to use Billy Bat from its original creator. Upon arriving there, however, he becomes embroiled in a web of murder, cover-ups, and prophecy that all leads back to Billy Bat.
- Manga, 3/9 (2013)Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-Houbunsha Co. Ltd.DramaAnimeMadoka Kaname used to be a normal girl living happy days of her life. This all ended when she sacrificed herself in order to save other magical girls from the utterly cruel fate that awaited them. Unable to let her memories of Madoka die, Homura Akemi continues to fight alone in the world that Madoka left behind for humanity in order to see her smile once more. (from movie)
- Manga, 4/24 (2013)[New Testament] Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Sadness PrayerHoubunsha Co. Ltd.DramaAnimeBlurb After becoming a magical girl, Oriko Mikuni befriends other magical girls at her school-and not always on initially positive terms! Complications arise when Oriko’s friends, unaware they both know Oriko, fight over a grief seed, leading to someone’s death ...
- Manga, 11/50 (1980)Hi Izuru Tokoro no TenshiHakusensha, Inc., Media FactoryDramaOriginal WorkHistorically, Prince Shoutoku Taishi lived from 574-622 AD and united Japan under the centralized government of an emperor. Known by his real name in the manga, Umayado, he is a cold and calculating politician and mystic that uses his beauty and cunning intellect to manipulate those around him. Umayado's only weakness is Emishi, the son of a rich family who Umayado finds himself hopelessly attracted to.
- Manga, 2/8 (2013)Kishibe Rohan wa UgokanaiShuueisha Inc.AdventureOriginal Work
- Manga, 3/12 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Different StoryHoubunsha Co. Ltd.DramaAnimeBlurb Mami’s warm personality has made it difficult for her to adjust to her solitary life as a magical girl, where survival often takes precedence over kindness. When she meets Kyouko Sakura, a fellow lone wolf, she is excited at the prospect of working together with another magical girl and forging a friendship built on ultimate trust. But many are the sacrifices all magical girls must make, and the consequences of Kyouko’s choice are only just becoming clear to her. When the pain becomes unbearable, will Kyouko remain standing beside Mami as a force for the greater good ...?
- Manga, 35/178 (2002)7 SeedsShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkNatsu wakes up to find herself thrown out in the middle of an ocean. The last thing she remembers is going to sleep in her own bed. She finds she's with 7 strangers, and none of them remembers boarding a plane or a ship. The group gets stranded on an island full of strange plants and creatures. There, the "guide" explains to them about 7SEEDS, a government project to ensure humanity's survival, set into motion when scientists around the world predicted the destruction of earth. In Japan, 5 groups of 7 people, plus a guide for each group were put into cold sleep, only to be released when the climate is suitable for their survival. But when Natsu's group is confronted with the proof that they are indeed in Japan after some kind of catastrophe, each have to deal with the fact that life as they know it is over. No help is coming. They have to survive on their own on this land, where the environment has seemingly turned back to Jurassic times.
- Manga, 3/12 (2011)Puella Magi Madoka MagicaHoubunsha Co. Ltd.DramaAnimeWhen a new girl joins her class, Madoka Kaname feels she recognizes the mysterious, dark-haired transfer student from one of her dreams...a dream where she is approached by a cat-like creature who offers Madoka an opportunity to change destiny. Madoka had always thought magic was the stuff of fantasy...until she sees the transfer student fighting with the very cat-being from her dream! And just like in Madoka's dream, the cat gives her a choice: Will Madoka become a Puella Magi in exchange for her dearest desire? What will be the cost of having her wish come true?
- Manga, 9/43 (2003)The Record of a Fallen VampireSquare Enix Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkThousands of years ago, Vampire King Akabara "Red Rose" Strauss lost both his kingdom and his queen. Since humans were unable to kill the queen, they sealed her away, erecting thousands of fake seals so that the king would never find her true location. Despite being pursued by relentless dhampires, Akabara continues to search for his queen to this day…
- Manga, 2/19 (1995)OpusTokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal Work
- Manga, 5/42 (2009)Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone ComplexKodansha Ltd.Action DramaAnime
- Manga, 10/69 (2006)Kingdom Hearts IISquare Enix Co., Ltd.AdventureVideo GameIn the quiet little hamlet of Twilight Town, there lives a boy named Roxas. He and his friends Hayner, Pence and Olette are trying to enjoy their final days of summer vacation, when strange things begin to happen. First the group is falsely accused of stealing photos from all over town. Then they are attacked by bizarre, white creatures. But the oddest occurrences are the recurring dreams Roxas has of a boy named Sora, and the presence of a girl named Naminé, who has a mysterious secret to share with Roxas. What began in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories continues in Kingdom Hearts II!
- Light Novel, 21/- (2003)Baccano!Media WorksActionOriginal WorkNew York, 1931. The manufacture and sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited by law, but behind this prohibition, organized crime flourishes-so, too, do bank robbers, bootleggers, assassins, and homunculi. Some want money, some are chasing the secret to immortality, and others just want to have a really good time. You know what they say, though: You can’t always get what you want.
- Manga, 7/56 (2014)Dead Dead Demons DededededestructionShougakukan Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/4 (2013)Haikyo ShoujoKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkTwo years ago, Kazeko was trapped in a factory, where all she was able to remember was that a man kidnapped her. As for her friend Yuri, they seems to be more to her than meets the eye... As they both went back to the factory, Kazeko's memory resurfaces...
- Manga, 2/13 (2005)Kingdom Hearts: Chain of MemoriesSquare Enix Co., Ltd.AdventureVideo GameThe door to Kingdom Hearts was sealed, dealing a blow to the heartless and restoring the worlds to normal, but Riku and King Mickey were trapped inside! Now Sora, Donald, and Goofy’s search for their friends leads them to the mysterious Castle Oblivion, where a hooded figure tells them, “Ahead lies something you need, but to claim it, you must lose something dear.” What could be more dear than their very memories themselves? And what do the shadowy members of Organization XIII want with them?
- Manga, 6/42 (2004)BiomegaKodansha Ltd., Shuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkIn Tsutomu Nihei's nightmare vision of the future, the N5S virus has swept across the earth, turning most of the population into zombie-like drones. Zoichi Kanoe, an agent of Toa Heavy Industry, is humanity's last hope, and he's not even human! With the help of Fuyu, a digitized intelligence built into the computer system of his Heavy Dual Coil motorcycle, Zoichi's search for the key to salvation will take him on a journey across surreal landscapes and hurl him into battle against mind-bending evil. Prepare yourself for the ultimate trip--prepare yourself for the world of BIOMEGA.
- Manga, 3/16 (2013)Puella Magi Suzune MagicaHoubunsha Co. Ltd.DramaAnimeBlurb Suzune Amano lives an extraordinarily normal life as a middle school student by day and ... magical-girl assassin by night?! When a group of four magical girls begins investigating the serial murders in their city, they soon find themselves Suzune’s next targets! But what motivates Suzune to hunt both witches and magical girls alike?
- Manga, 3/23 (2009)Steins;GateMedia FactoryThrillerVisual NovelWhat do you get when you cross a microwave with a cell phone? Apparently, a time machine! In Steins;Gate, self-proclaimed mad scientist Hououin Kyouma and the Future Gadgets team gain the ability to send text messages into the past, changing the present around them. While these temporal experiments may seem trivial at first, they eventually gain the attention some sinister people, leaving the Future Gadgets team struggling to repair time, save everyone’s lives, and possibly even save the world.
- Manga, 5/25 (2010)Ousama GameFutabasha Publishers Ltd.HorrorNovelA whole classroom is submitted to a creepy version of the "king's game". They all receive in their cell phones, instructions about the order of the day and who will execute it. At first, they're small and insignificant tasks, like poking someone or giving a kiss. But they gradually become uncomfortable, weird and even deeply sexual. Failing to obey the order within the next 24 hours, will result in the death of the one who was chosen for the task. Also, leaving the game is forbidden. Soon, relationships between classmates begin to fall from friendship into distrust, fear, psychosis, and paranoia.
- Manga, 1/11 (1997)Ghost in the Shell 2: Man-Machine InterfaceKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkMarch 6, 2035. Motoko Aramaki is a hyper-advanced cyborg, a counter-terrorist net security expert, heading the investigative department of the giant multi-national, Poseidon Industrial. Partly transcending the physical world and existing in a virtual world of networks, Motoko is a fusion of multiple entities and identities, deploying remotely controlled prosthetic humanoid surrogates around the globe to solve a series of bizarre incidents. Meanwhile, Tamaki Tamai, a psychic investigator from the Channeling Agency, has been commissioned to investigate strange changes in the temporal universe, brought about by two forces, one represented by the teachings of a professor named Rahampol, and the other by the complex, evolving Motoko entity. What unfolds will all be in a day’s work—a day that will change everything, forever.
- Manga, 3/39 (2010)NickelodeonShougakukan Inc.IndefiniteOriginal Work
- Manga, 3/21 (2013)Drakengard: Fatal Crimson / Drakengard: The Red Unto DeathSquare Enix Co., Ltd.ActionVideo Game
- Manga, 16/113 (2006)DreamlandPika ÉditionAction ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 15/84 (2003)ShiguruiAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.Action DramaNovel
- Novel, 2/- (2008)Shinsekai yoriDramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 5/23 (2011)Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent MaliceHoubunsha Co. Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkBlurb Kidnapped and stuffed into a trunk by an unknown assailant, teenager Kazumi bursts forth from the confines of the case to discover that she has been stripped not only of her clothes, but also of the memories of her life before the kidnapping. When she is recovered by a pair of schoolgirls, she doesn’t recognize them as her best friends and roommates, Umika and Kaoru. As Kazumi tries to settle back into her normal life, she quickly realizes that her former “normal” was anything but!
- Manga, 12/75 (2009)Are You Alice?Ichijinsha Ltd.ThrillerOtherA disillusioned young man in search of “something” stumbles into the weird and wacky world of Wonderland, where, as “Alice,” he is thrust into a murderous game of “Kill the White Rabbit” by command of the ruler of the land, the Queen of Hearts. But while Alice rails against the role that has been forced upon him, he has little choice but to comply. For in Wonderland, not sticking to the script can have deadly consequences…
- Manga, 8/51 (2008)+C: Sword and CornettIchijinsha Ltd.DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/3 (1992)NejiHakusensha, Inc.ActionOriginal Work"I’m Screw. I don’t know my real name. In 1992 my girlfriend Snow White and I were killed and frozen. In the year 2033 G.E.R.A. – today’s government – gets me back to life. I’m resurrected without any memory. And that’s not the only problem: Now I’m being forced by the government to use my supernatural abilities as an assassin…"
- Manga, 2/7 (2011)Puella Magi Oriko MagicaHoubunsha Co. Ltd.DramaAnimeOriko, a magical girl with the gift of foresight, knows the fate that awaits all who accept Kyubey’s offer of supernatural powers. But when she is struck with a terrible vision of the future—of the devastation caused by a single, powerful witch—she decides to prevent the girl from becoming a magical girl in the first place. To draw Kyubey away from the girl’s potential, Oriko directs him instead to Yuma, an orphan who is all too eager to gain powers that will enable her to protect herself—powers that will ultimately lead to her own destruction…
- Manga, 7/59 (1997)Kami KazeKodansha Ltd.Action DramaImprisoned for a thousand years, eighty-eight fabled beasts seek resurrection from their world so that they can unleash their wrath upon present-day Japan. And a band of young warriors would love nothing more than to let loose these beasts so that they can feast upon the human world. The only thing preventing civilization's annihilation is the Girl of Water, who is lost in the human world--without any memory of who she is! As the elemental warriors continue their search for her, they cross paths with another of their kind: Ishigami, the Man of Earth. However, Ishigami is one who wants to stop the dreaded resurrection...
- Manga, 1/6 (2013)Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Extra StoryHoubunsha Co. Ltd.DramaAnime