- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 4/17 (2019)ColorlessLEED Publishing Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work
- Manhua, ? (2018)You Ke SenlinBeijing April Star Network Technology Co. Ltd.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 9/53 (1990)Battle Angel AlitaShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkThis sophisticated, complex science fiction tale by master writer and artist Yukito Kishiro is full of action, black humor, and bizarre philosophical, historical, and cultural references. The heroine, Alita, is a powerful cyborg with a soft heart and a mysterious past. Her second lease on life isn't easy: her heart is broken, she gains and loses friends to the cruel world of the Scrapyard far below the Utopian city of Tiphares, and she serves many masters in her quest to protect the innocent and create a new life for herself. A cross between Star Trek and Blade Runner, this series constantly challenges the reader's definition of what it means to be human.
- Manga, 2/10 (2006)Ergo Proxy: Centzon Hitchers and UndertakerShougakukan Inc.Adventure
- Manga, 6/87 (1982)AkiraKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkWelcome to Neo-Tokyo, built on the ashes of a Tokyo annihilated by a blast of unknown origin that triggered World War III. The lives of two streetwise teenage friends, Tetsuo and Kaneda, change forever when paranormal abilities begin to waken in Tetsuo, making him a target for a shadowy agency that will stop at nothing to prevent another catastrophe like the one that leveled Tokyo. At the core of the agency’s motivation is a raw, all-consuming fear of an unthinkable, monstrous power known only as Akira.
- Manga, 18/126 (1997)Eden: It's an Endless World!Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkIn the tradition of cyberpunk classic "Akira" comes "Eden", a story about a boy's survival in a post-apocalyptic world where problems are solved with bullets, love is bought, and his only companion is a cybernetic killing-machine called Cherubim! The planet has been devastated by the pandemic Closure virus, leaving what remains of a crumbling society in the hands of a sinister paramilitary group known as the Propater. When young Elijah Ballard is captured by a group of mercenaries while on a quest to find his long-lost mother, he realises his adventures have only just begun...Philosophical, heartbreaking, action-packed and beautifully illustrated, "Eden" truly is paradise on earth. It is published in Japanese right-to-left reading format. It is for adults only!
- Manga, 19/124 (2000)Battle Angel Alita: Last OrderShuueisha Inc., Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkLovely cyborg Alita embarks on a quest to rescue her friend Lou's brain from enslavement as a component in a massive computer and discovers the secret of the Utopian city of Tiphares... Finally, the full story of Alita's first life is revealed!
- Manga, 10/66 (1997)Blame!Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkIf Killy is going to find the treasure he seeks, he will need more help and information than the inhabitants of these beleaguered outposts can offer. He needs to find a larger cluster of civilization, but he'll have to survive the trip to get there, first...
- Light Novel, 2/12 (1995)Koukaku KidoutaiKodansha Ltd.Crime FictionManga
- Manga, 6/26 (2012)Kanshikan Tsunemori AkaneShuueisha Inc.Crime FictionAnimeThe series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" in the anime's title refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kōgami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world. (from TV)
- Anime Comics, 1/5 (1995)Koukaku KidoutaiKodansha Ltd.Action DramaAnime
- Manga, 19/84 (1996)Eat-ManASCII Media WorksAction DramaOriginal WorkBolt Crank travels the world as the World's Greatest Mercenary. He got that monicker due to his skills, as well as his ability to eat anything, and then reproduce it in his right hand. During his adventures he meets new friends, as well as his rival Hard. But, his mysterious past with a man named Leon Field comes into play later on when Shadow, a man who can control machines and calls himself Bolt Crank, and Stella, a woman who wants to mechnize every human on the planet, has Bolt going back to an old, unfinished mission he left behind long ago.
- Manga, 5/43 (1991)Ai-RenHakusensha, Inc.DramaOriginal WorkYoshizumi Ikuru is a young man who doesnt have much longer to live. He decides to apply for an AGH-RMS, whom he names "Ai", a genetically modified female human companion to spend his last days with. This story chronicles their time spent together, on the eve of an apocalyptic era of the human race.
- Manga, 5/42 (2009)Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone ComplexKodansha Ltd.Action DramaAnime
- Manga, 1/11 (1989)Ghost in the ShellKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkDeep into the twenty-first century, the line between man and machine has been inexorably blurred as humans rely on the enhancement of mechanical implants and robots are upgraded with human tissue. In this rapidly converging landscape, cyborg superagent Major Motoko Kusanagi is charged to track down the craftiest and most dangerous terrorists and cybercriminals, including “ghost hackers” who are capable of exploiting the human/machine interface and reprogramming humans to become puppets to carry out the hackers’ criminal ends. When Major Kusanagi tracks the cybertrail of one such master hacker, the Puppeteer, her quest leads her into a world beyond information and technology where the very nature of consciousness and the human soul are turned upside down.
- Manga, 2/8 (2006)Steal MoonNihonbungeisha Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkIt seems like the gorgeous street-fighting champion Nozomi is invincible... until a beautiful stranger known only as Coyote shows up and snatches away his crown. Nozomi’s penalty? He must become the slave of a “peeping room” website where any lazy perv can spy on his life 24/7! At first, Nozomi’s only goal is to raise the ransom needed to buy back his freedom. But a mysterious plot involving secret surveillance, the moon and ancient computers soon comes to light. Does Nozomi hold the key to solving an interplanetary crisis?
- Manga, 14/98 (2015)Ex-ArmShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 6/33 (2000)DollShoudensha Co. Ltd.DramaThese haunting tales of human-like androids, called Dolls, range from romantic to tragic, from comic to ironic, and everything in between. In these stories, dolls have an uncanny way of working themselves into the lives of their masters: A woman develops an unusual closeness to doll that will affect her human family from beyond the grave...A man wants to make his doll into the perfect human lover, but discovers that humans are not perfect...A father buys his son a doll to help him get over the death of his mother. Doll provides a firsthand glimpse into the psychology of the human-doll relationship and examines the question of what it means to be truly human.
- Manga, 4/25 (1985)AppleseedSeishinsha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkAppleseed takes place in the 22nd Century, after the non-nuclear Third World War decimates the Earth. While states like Great Britain, France and China have difficulty maintaining order and power, international organizations like the "Sacred Republique of Mumna" and "Poseidon" have been established in the aftermath.
- Manga, 7/36 (2014)Battle Angel Alita: Mars ChronicleKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 15/78 (2009)Knights of SidoniaKodansha Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkOuter space, the far future. A lone seed ship, the Sidonia, plies the void, ten centuries since the obliteration of the solar system. The massive, nearly indestructible, yet barely sentient alien life forms that destroyed humanity’s home world continue to pose an existential threat. Nagate Tanikaze has only known life in the vessel’s bowels deep below the sparkling strata where humans have achieved photosynthesis and new genders. Not long after he emerges from the Underground, however, the youth is bequeathed a treasured legacy by the spaceship’s coolheaded female captain.
- Manga, 6/42 (2004)BiomegaKodansha Ltd., Shuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkIn Tsutomu Nihei's nightmare vision of the future, the N5S virus has swept across the earth, turning most of the population into zombie-like drones. Zoichi Kanoe, an agent of Toa Heavy Industry, is humanity's last hope, and he's not even human! With the help of Fuyu, a digitized intelligence built into the computer system of his Heavy Dual Coil motorcycle, Zoichi's search for the key to salvation will take him on a journey across surreal landscapes and hurl him into battle against mind-bending evil. Prepare yourself for the ultimate trip--prepare yourself for the world of BIOMEGA.
- Manga, 1/8 (2001)NoiseKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkA Sci-Fi Adventure Set in the BLAME! Universe As detective Musubi Susono investigates a series of child kidnappings, her own partner is viciously murdered. But when the investigation takes a brutal turn, she is suddenly confronted by the killer--and his vicious Silicon Creature...
- Manhwa, ? (2008)3 Level CombinationNaver CorporationRomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/11 (1997)Ghost in the Shell 2: Man-Machine InterfaceKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkMarch 6, 2035. Motoko Aramaki is a hyper-advanced cyborg, a counter-terrorist net security expert, heading the investigative department of the giant multi-national, Poseidon Industrial. Partly transcending the physical world and existing in a virtual world of networks, Motoko is a fusion of multiple entities and identities, deploying remotely controlled prosthetic humanoid surrogates around the globe to solve a series of bizarre incidents. Meanwhile, Tamaki Tamai, a psychic investigator from the Channeling Agency, has been commissioned to investigate strange changes in the temporal universe, brought about by two forces, one represented by the teachings of a professor named Rahampol, and the other by the complex, evolving Motoko entity. What unfolds will all be in a day’s work—a day that will change everything, forever.
- Manga, 1/7 (2007)Battle Angel Alita: Holy NightShuueisha Inc.Action DramaOriginal WorkSupersonic Fingers is the first Gunnm Gaiden story, it takes place shortly after Gally's fight with Jashugan. Gally is attacked by an unknown sniper, and while she recouperates, her hunter-warrior friends search for the culprit. The culprit is a strong fighter with a death wish that only Gally can fufill.
- Manga, 14/57 (2012)Biorg TrinityShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkThe near future. Humanity has contracted the Bio Bug. A cellular fusion disease, it allows two object to merge as one, unlocking the full potential of both. When high school rivals Fujii, a newly infected individual and Hosaka, a Gun-fused assassin, find they both love Fumiho Enomoto, they choose to protect her individually from those that abuse the Bio Bug. Yet, an act of courage will force them together on a warpath at the risk of death from both a shadow organization and the society they guard.
- Manga, 1/8 (1991)Ghost in the Shell 1.5: Human-Error ProcessorKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/3 (1992)NejiHakusensha, Inc.ActionOriginal Work"I’m Screw. I don’t know my real name. In 1992 my girlfriend Snow White and I were killed and frozen. In the year 2033 G.E.R.A. – today’s government – gets me back to life. I’m resurrected without any memory. And that’s not the only problem: Now I’m being forced by the government to use my supernatural abilities as an assassin…"
- Manga, 1/12 (2000)IcaroKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkIcaro, born with the power of flight, was taken from his mother in infancy and his been raised to adulthood in a secure government research facility. When Icaro falls in love with one of the researchers, however, he begins to perceive his home as a prison and becomes increasingly disobedient. If he is to find happiness he must escape from his captors before he can be lobotomized in order to make him a more effective resource for the government.
- Manhwa, ? (2012)GepettoNaver CorporationActionOriginal WorkThe inheritance from Professor Gepetto! People are now trying to get the inheritance to rule others, survive from the world, and earn love.
- Manga, 3/21 (1995)ChiralityGakken Holdings Company, Limited, Kodansha Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkIn a not too distant future, the Earth has been overrun by a horrifying technovirus. Mechanical parasites, mistakenly created in an attempt to advance technology, attach themselves to human spinal cords and turn their hosts into cyborgs. Desperate to rid themselves of this technological terror, the remaining human survivors must band together and learn to defend themselves against android enemies.
- Manga, 7/81 (1997)Cannon God ExaxxionKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkHoichi's on the run, with an armada of steel-slicing, bone-crunching Riofaldian death machines hot on his tail! Racing to reach the giant robot Exaxxion before the vicious alien Ambassador Shes'ka can put an end to the human uprising -- and to Hoichi's life -- all eyes are on the young pilot as he fights his way through one alien threat after another, determined to reach his destination. But even if he does take the controls of Exaxxion, he's hardly had the training or experience needed to pilot the high tech behemoth. Add that to the fact that the U.N. military is treating Exaxxion like it's as much of a threat as the Riofaldians, and Earth's last defense could be over before it's even begun!
- Manga, 11/136 (1993)Seraphic FeatherKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkIn the not-too-distant future, an intact alien starship has been discovered buried beneath the moon's surface, a vessel with awesome technology somehow connected to three powerful "Emblem Seeds" found on Earth. Sunao Oumi, a young man stuck on the moon and trying to work up the funds to return to Earth, takes an assignment to escort two visiting U.N. investigators and is drawn into a web of violence and intrigue as dark operatives try to purloin the Emblem Seeds the investigators have brought with them. But the investigators are more than they seem: Attim M-Zak, a beautiful and mysterious woman with deadly augmented abilities, and Kei, a starry-eyed dreamboat from Sunao's past...whose death brought Sunao to the moon in the first place!
- Manga, 36/190 (1964)Cyborg 009Shounen-Gahousha Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkThe World at the Brink of Self-Annihilation The nuclear age has brought with it the arms race, which has led to the advent of weapons powerful enough to destroy the world itself several times over. Unwilling to take the plunge into Armageddon, the world powers, in league with a group known only as the Black Ghost, have developed super soldiers known as the Cyborgs, designed to fight the wars of the world in space. Unfortunately, the Black Ghost didn't ask the Cyborgs how they felt about their role in the new world order. This classic work from manga legend Shotaro Ishinomori (Masked Rider) not only told a thrilling tale set against a backdrop of Cold War tensions, but it also helped define the genre of super team stories such as Battle of the Planets, Voltron and The Power Rangers.
- Manga, ? (2008)KudrayvkaHakusensha, Inc.RomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 7/33 (2009)Mardock ScrambleKodansha Ltd.Action DramaLight NovelRune Balot is a prostitute who is nearly murdered by Ciel, an enigmatic casino manager, who suffers from a disease that forces him to remove and store his memories. A victim for most of her life, Rune faces a choice. While on the brink of death, she is given the opportunity to live. It is not a simple choice for a victim, but Rune takes it. A professor brings Rune back to life as a cyborg with the ability to control electronics and partners her up with a self-aware universal tool named Oeufcocque. Together they begin to unravel the mystery behind Ciel and Rune sheds the role of the victim, but must struggle between seeking justice and vengeance.
- Manga, 1/4 (1983)Black MagicSeishinsha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkIt's a time in the future -- a time where the creation of life itself has evolved to include biodroids named after the ancient Greeks and cyborg warriors programmed to destroy. The power struggle between the various synthetic life-forms and the humans could mean the end of all life. But there is one, named Typhon, who may be able to prevent that. This collection is the first-ever-published work of the genius behind Ghost in the Shell -- Masamune Shirow.
- Manga, ? (2015)Digimonstory: CybersleuthShuueisha Inc.Crime FictionVideo Game
- Manga, 8/25 (1996)West EndBiblos Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal Work