- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 3/12 (2013)Gumi from VocaloidKodansha Ltd.ComedyOther
- Manga, 6/23 (1995)KanonShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkAfter being belittled by a famous composer, Gen Mikami, Tendou Kawahara, a budding composer goes to a secluded town of Mongolia, Cojr in search for inspiration. He meets Kanon , a Japanese girl with an untamed, freedom loving spirit, talented in playing violin. When her sick mother dies leaving her with the knowledge that her Japanese father is alive, she leaves with Tendou to become a true musician so that her real father comes to hear her music.In Japan, she lives with Tendou who tries to tame her and bring her talent out.However, Mikami discovers her and wants her for himself as a musician, Tendou is challenged to produce such music to impress him to forget her.Mikami shows that he is a better teacher in bringing out her talent then Tendou decides to quit and move to US not before he enrolls her into a boarding music school whose manager she later discovers is none other than the hateful Mikami.She is left alone to find her father and deal with the cruel and arrogant Mikami.
- Manhua, 2/- (2016)Tou Tiao Dou Shi TaComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 8/- (2016)Blue Giant SupremeShougakukan Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manhwa, 6/134 (2014)ImitationKakao Corp.RomanceOriginal WorkBlurb Maha is a member of the girl group, Tea Party. She became famous by imitating other popular stars and for this very reason, Ryoc, a member of the boy band, SHAX, holds a strong hatred towards her. However, as they continue to cross paths, his feelings towards Maha begin to change and their relationship develops into an unexpectedly sweet romance that they must now hide from everyone around them.
- Manga, ? (2018)K-ON! ShuffleHoubunsha Co. Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/3 (1988)Quartet GameShuueisha Inc.RomanceOriginal WorkIn order to welcome the visit of a famous violinist alumnus, Emi, Rui, Takasumi and Taeko were picked by the principal to form a string quartet ensemble for the welcoming concert. In the beginning, the four could hardly play together and often quarreled, for each of them was very talented and had different opinions over the music to be performed. However, during a practice session, they broke a bust statue accidentally and found an ancient sheet music hidden inside the statue, probably handwritten by the composer himself. Fearing to be punished, they didn't tell anyone about the manuscript and began investigation themselves. With a shared secret and a common goal, their relationships quickly improved. They didn't know, however, that the welcome concert was held with a secret purpose.
- Manga, 34/102 (2000)Beck: Mongolian Chop SquadKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkFourteen-year-old Yukio Tanaka is one heck of a boring guy. He has no hobbies, a weak taste in music, and only a small vestige of a personality. His shy and somewhat neurotic personality makes him his own worst enemy. Little does he know that his life will be forever changed when he meets rocker Ryuusuke Minami, an unpredictable sixteen-year-old with a cool dog named Beck. Ryusuke has just returned to Japan from America, and when he inspires Yukio to get into music, the two begin a journey through the world of rock 'n' roll dreams.... Lace up your Docs and head to the mosh pit--Harold Sakuishi's highly addictive manga series that spawned a hit anime has finally reached the States!
- Manga, 1/13 (2017)Koi ni wa Mukanai ShokugyouShinshokan Co., Ltd.RomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 21/84 (2000)NanaShuueisha Inc.Romantic DramaOriginal WorkNana "Hachi" Komatsu hopes that moving to Tokyo will help her make a clean start and leave her capricious love life behind her. Nana Osaki, who arrives in the city at the same time, has plans to score big in the world of rock'n'roll. Although these two young women come from different backgrounds, they quickly become best friends in a whirlwind world of sex, music, fashion, gossip and all-night parties!
- Manga, 5/28 (2013)GivenShinshokan Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 7/- (1981)Aishite NightShuueisha Inc.RomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 5/41 (2014)Wave, Listen to me.!Kodansha Ltd.Comedy
- Manga, 1/- (2015)Soredemo Ore no Mono ni NaruKadokawa ShotenRomantic DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 10/113 (2005)Detroit Metal CityHakusensha, Inc.ComedyOriginal WorkBy all appearances, Souichi Negishi is a sweet, well-mannered boy who likes Swedish pop music, trendy boutiques, and all things fashionable. But at the same time he's also Krauser II, front man for Detroit Metal City, an indie death metal band whose popularity increases by the day. Once the DMC makeup goes on and Souichi takes the stage, his natural talent as a death metal god can't help but flourish. Is this the band he's truly destined to be in?
- Manga, 2/9 (2017)Hishakai ShindoTaiyou Tosho Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaOriginal Work
- Manhwa, ? (2016)SerenadeLezhin Entertainment Inc.RomanceOriginal WorkBlurb: A professor living a successful life with a secret. Two students who each have a hold on their mentor: one who knows her secret and another who reminds her of her first love . . . A romantic thriller that will leave you hanging for more.
- Manga, 1/5 (2011)PILShuueisha Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/8 (2008)Watashitachi no Shiawase na JikanCoamixSentimental DramaNovel
- Manga, 12/34 (2014)Buddy Go!Shuueisha Inc.Romantic ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 2/28 (2005)SolaninShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkMeiko Inoue is a recent college grad working as an office lady in a job she hates. Her boyfriend Naruo is permanently crashing at her apartment because his job as a freelance illustrator doesn't pay enough for rent. And her parents in the country keep sending her boxes of veggies that just rot in her fridge. Straddling the line between her years as a student and the rest of her life, Meiko struggles with the feeling that she's just not cut out to be a part of the real world.
- Manga, 2/9 (2014)Crash ʼnʼ BurnTokyopop GmbHSlice of Life DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 11/44 (2011)Your Lie in AprilKodansha Ltd.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 16/- (1985)Hikari no DensetsuShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkHikari Kamijou, is a young school girl who dreams of becoming a great champion in the sport of rhythmic gymnastics like her idol, Diliana Gueorguiva. She works hard despite all her setbacks while performing and soon becomes a member of the rhythmic gymnastics team in her school with the help and support of Takaaki Oiishi, the best male gymnast of her school, and soon she develops feelings for him. But Hikari is not the only one who has feelings for Oiishi, Hazuki Shiina, the best gymast in the entire school also has feelings for him Oiishi. And soon a friendship between Hikari and Shiina develop, but also a rivalry between two soon develop as well for the sport and for the love of Oiishi. Hikari is also torned between her feelings for Oiishi and her conflicting feelings for Mao Natsukawa, a well trained violinist, and the lead singer of a rock band, who composes the music she uses while performing. And who has been developing feelings for her since the time they met.
- Manga, 2/8 (2016)Ijiwaru Killer TuneKodansha Ltd.RomanceOriginal Work
- Manhwa, ? (2017)Jazz for TwoLezhin Entertainment Inc.Romantic DramaOriginal WorkBlurb Taeyi hears a familiar melody fill the empty halls and makes his way to the old music room. He knows his brother is dead, but he can’t help but hope, maybe, just maybe ... it’s his brother playing his favorite song. When he slams open the door, however, he finds Seheon, the new transfer student, at the piano. Disappointment comes crashing down and Taeyi can’t control his anger. How dare Seheon play his brother’s song? How dare he smile? How dare he say he loves jazz? “If I ever catch you playing the piano again ... that’ll be the end of you.” And with that begins their story, as unpredictable and visceral as jazz.
- Manga, 5/61 (2009)K-ON! Anthology ComicHoubunsha Co. Ltd.ComedyOther
- Manga, 25/146 (2001)Nodame CantabileKodansha Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkThe son of a famous pianist, music student Shin'ichi Chiaki dreams of studying abroad and becoming a conductor like his mentor. Unfortunately, his fear of flying grounds his lofty plans! As he watches other classmates achieve what he has always wanted, Shin'ichi wonders if he should quit music altogether. Then one day he meets fellow student Megumi Noda, also known as Nodame. This oddball girl cannot cook, clean, or even read a music score, but she can play the piano in incomparable Cantabile style. And she teaches Chiaki something that he has forgotten: to enjoy his music, no matter where he is.
- Manga, 18/126 (1975)Orpheus no MadoShuueisha Inc.DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, ? (2018)Ossan (36) ga Idol ni naru HanashiShufu to Seikatsusha Co., Ltd.?Light Novel
- Manga, 4/- (2008)Play!Romantic ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/5 (2012)Sakamichi no Apollon: Bonus TrackShougakukan Inc.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 6/36 (2008)OctaveKodansha Ltd.Romantic DramaOriginal WorkWhen she was young, Yukino Miyashita wanted, more than anything else to become an idol. After accomplishing her dream, however, the idol group she was part of failed to sell, and she returned to school, facing alienation from her peers. Now, at age 20, Yukino is living alone in Tokyo, half-heartedly trying to start a new life as a talent manager, while not quite able to put her idol days behind her. She meets Setsuko, a songwriter who also once belonged to a failed idol group. The romance sparked by her encounter with Setsuko causes Yukino to reevaluate her own life.
- Manga, 1/14 (2011)K-On! CollegeHoubunsha Co. Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 2/19 (2003)What a Wonderful World!Shougakukan Inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkWhat begins with a college dropout bored of her mediocre routine soon becomes a fantastic series of vignettes about the unexpected ways that lives intersect. Filled with magical realism in the face of the cold reality of modern life, at their core these stories are about discovering something precious in the chaos of existence.
- Manga, 10/31 (2010)Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo ShinjuKodansha Ltd.DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/18 (2014)Love Live! School Idol DiaryASCII Media WorksGanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/6 (2015)Servant & LordRomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/5 (2003)Yokan Premonition: NoiseOakla ShuppanRomantic DramaOriginal WorkAkira, lead vocalist of the popular band CHARON, desires to have a song written by the famous actor and talented lyricist Sunaga. Sunaga agrees, but demands Akira's body as payment! Akira is faced with a dilemma, that isn't made any easier by Sunaga's carefree attitude and constant sexual advances. But is it just possible for Akira to maybe feel something for Sunaga too? From bestselling mangaka Makoto Tateno, creator of Yellow and Steal Moon!
- Manga, 4/13 (2007)K-On!Houbunsha Co. Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkWhen their high school’s pop-music club is about to be disbanded due to lack of interest, four girls step up to fill the membership quota. Unfortunately, lead guitarist Yui Hirasawa has never played an instrument in her life. Ever. And although she likes the idea of being in a band, standing in front of the mirror posing with her guitar is a lot easier than actually playing it. It’s gonna be a while before this motley crew is rocking out, but with their spunk and determination cranked to 11, anything is possible!