- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 4/25 (1991)DollsAsahi Shimbun-shaDramaOriginal WorkSet in an upside-down world combining a murky mix of science fiction, reality and moral ambiguity, Yumiko Kawahara's short stories examine the ineffable disparities that exist between the lover and the loved one.
- Light Novel, 5/40 (2007)Ryousangata wa Date ja Nai!Fujimi ShobouAction ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/5 (2002)Ohimesama no RecipeShougakukan Inc.?Original Work
- Manga, 16/15 (1967)PhoenixKodansha Ltd., Mushi Production Co., Ltd., Asahi Sonorama, Kadokawa CorporationAdventureOriginal WorkWith grand historical sweep, this self-contained opening volume of Osamu Tezuka's acclaimed Phoenix saga is an epic account of the human spirit in a time of chaos and warfare, where would-be warrior Nagi and his crew struggle against the elements, invaders, and history itself.
- Manga, 1/9 (2015)Fella Hame LipsTI NetHentaiOriginal Work
- Manga, 8/65 (2003)PlutoShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkIn an ideal world where man and robots coexist, someone or something has destroyed the powerful Swiss robot Mont Blanc. Elsewhere a key figure in a robot rights group is murdered. The two incidents appear to be unrelated...except for one very conspicuous clue - the bodies of both victims have been fashioned into some sort of bizarre collage complete with makeshift horns placed by the victims' heads. Interpol assigns robot detective Gesicht to this most strange and complex case - and he eventually discovers that he too, as one of the seven great robots of the world, is one of the targets.
- Manga, 9/53 (1990)Battle Angel AlitaShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkThis sophisticated, complex science fiction tale by master writer and artist Yukito Kishiro is full of action, black humor, and bizarre philosophical, historical, and cultural references. The heroine, Alita, is a powerful cyborg with a soft heart and a mysterious past. Her second lease on life isn't easy: her heart is broken, she gains and loses friends to the cruel world of the Scrapyard far below the Utopian city of Tiphares, and she serves many masters in her quest to protect the innocent and create a new life for herself. A cross between Star Trek and Blade Runner, this series constantly challenges the reader's definition of what it means to be human.
- Manga, 14/140 (1994)Yokohama Kaidashi KikouKodansha Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkSet in a post-apocalyptic Japan of the near future where the sea level has risen and flooded much of the coastal areas and Mt. Fuji has erupted within living memory. The population has been considerably reduced and political and technological institutions have broken-down. Local communities have become nations and telephone and television no longer exist (although coffee vending machines and streetlights stubbornly continue to work). There are strange new animals and plants (like flying fish and glowing streetlight trees). The remaining people have adopted a slower-paced, simpler way of life and rely more on each other. Along with the human population are some intelligent, humanoid robots. One of the robots, a female named Alpha, runs a café by the same name in the country outside of what remains of Yokohama. With her trusty motorscooter and her camera she travels around the area making friends with the humans and robots, having new experiences and observing the passage of time.
- Manga, 8/51 (2012)Made in AbyssTakeshobo Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkIn an age when the corners of the world have been scoured for their secrets, only one place remains unexploreda massive cave system known as the Abyss, filled with monstrous creatures and lost relics. Those who delve into its depths are known as Cave Raiders. A young orphan named Riko dreams of following in her mothers footsteps as a Cave Raider, and when she meets a strange robot while exploring the Abyss, she is one perilous step closer to achieving her goal!
- Manga, 2/10 (2006)Ergo Proxy: Centzon Hitchers and UndertakerShougakukan Inc.Adventure
- Light Novel, 29/872 (2008)Kyoukai Senjou no HorizonASCII Media WorksAction ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 14/96 (1994)Neon Genesis EvangelionKadokawa ShotenAction DramaAnimeIn 2015, the "Angels" have returned, and Shinji Ikari, a fourteen year-old child of the new Earth, is forced by his father Gendo--commander of the secret organization NERV--to pilot the monstrous biomechanical weapon called "Evangelion" to match the Angels' fearsome power...
- Manga, 18/126 (1997)Eden: It's an Endless World!Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkIn the tradition of cyberpunk classic "Akira" comes "Eden", a story about a boy's survival in a post-apocalyptic world where problems are solved with bullets, love is bought, and his only companion is a cybernetic killing-machine called Cherubim! The planet has been devastated by the pandemic Closure virus, leaving what remains of a crumbling society in the hands of a sinister paramilitary group known as the Propater. When young Elijah Ballard is captured by a group of mercenaries while on a quest to find his long-lost mother, he realises his adventures have only just begun...Philosophical, heartbreaking, action-packed and beautifully illustrated, "Eden" truly is paradise on earth. It is published in Japanese right-to-left reading format. It is for adults only!
- Manga, 42/519 (1984)Dragon BallShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkMeet a naive young monkey-tailed boy named Goku, whose quiet life changes when he meets Bulma, a girl who is on a quest to collect seven "Dragon Balls." If she gathers them all, an incredibly powerful dragon will appear and grant her one wish. But the precious orbs are scattered all over the world, and Bulma needs Goku's help (and his super-strength)! With a magic staff for a weapon and a flying cloud for a ride, Goku sets out on the adventure of a lifetime...
- Manga, 20/77 (2007)Sora no OtoshimonoKadokawa ShotenNonsense-ComedyOriginal WorkTomoki is a regular high-school student; more perverted than most, but happy with his peaceful and quiet life. Unfortunately for him, an Angeloid named Ikaros falls from the heavens, chains herself to his wrist, and proclaims him to be her new master. As time progresses, Tomoki finds that he is being caught in a battle between Ikaros's creator, Daedalus, and the Master of the Synapse, the "New World", and a multitude of powerful angeloids sent to kill him and Ikaros.
- Manga, 19/124 (2000)Battle Angel Alita: Last OrderShuueisha Inc., Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkLovely cyborg Alita embarks on a quest to rescue her friend Lou's brain from enslavement as a component in a massive computer and discovers the secret of the Utopian city of Tiphares... Finally, the full story of Alita's first life is revealed!
- Light Novel, 2/12 (1995)Koukaku KidoutaiCrimeManga
- Manga, 10/66 (1997)Blame!Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkIf Killy is going to find the treasure he seeks, he will need more help and information than the inhabitants of these beleaguered outposts can offer. He needs to find a larger cluster of civilization, but he'll have to survive the trip to get there, first...
- Manga, 1/10 (2001)Charlie's AngelFutabasha Publishers Ltd.HentaiOriginal Work
- Manga, 6/33 (2000)DollShoudensha Co. Ltd.DramaThese haunting tales of human-like androids, called Dolls, range from romantic to tragic, from comic to ironic, and everything in between. In these stories, dolls have an uncanny way of working themselves into the lives of their masters: A woman develops an unusual closeness to doll that will affect her human family from beyond the grave...A man wants to make his doll into the perfect human lover, but discovers that humans are not perfect...A father buys his son a doll to help him get over the death of his mother. Doll provides a firsthand glimpse into the psychology of the human-doll relationship and examines the question of what it means to be truly human.
- Manga, 1/3 (2019)Heart GearShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/7 (1997)IC In A SunflowerShoudensha Co. Ltd.DramaOriginal WorkA future in which children are bereft of sexual desire... A woman who spends her life resisting a penchant for biting... A man who gets twisted love advice from a robot maid... The incredible Mitsukazu Mihara delivers seven stories that spotlight agonizing truisms of the human condition, painting a vivid picture of humanity at once consumed and rescued by its own desires.
- Anime Comics, 1/5 (1995)Koukaku KidoutaiKodansha Ltd.Action DramaAnime
- Manga, 3/5 (2009)Megaman GigamixBunendouActionVideo GameDr. Wily is back, and up to his old tricks. He wants to take over the world again, but this time he has even stronger robots to help him vanquish Mega Man. Wily's plans to conquer Earth stretch on the track, in the city, and even space. Mega Man will have his hands full.
- Manga, 3/7 (2003)Megaman MegamixIndefiniteVideo GameBased on the video games by Capcom, Megaman is a blue robot that fights for justice against the evil DR Wily, who uses robots for his own demented ways, forcing Megaman to go against his anti-violence ways to fight his fellow robots.
- Manga, 11/235 (2009)Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-sanKodansha Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 2/15 (2018)Ren’ai Senshi ShurabanKadokawa Corporation?Original Work
- Manga, 8/28 (1969)Ryuu no MichiKodansha Ltd.?Original Work
- Light Novel, 18/- (2013)Saijaku Muhai no BahamutSB Creative Corp.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 35/178 (2002)7 SeedsShougakukan Inc.DramaOriginal WorkNatsu wakes up to find herself thrown out in the middle of an ocean. The last thing she remembers is going to sleep in her own bed. She finds she's with 7 strangers, and none of them remembers boarding a plane or a ship. The group gets stranded on an island full of strange plants and creatures. There, the "guide" explains to them about 7SEEDS, a government project to ensure humanity's survival, set into motion when scientists around the world predicted the destruction of earth. In Japan, 5 groups of 7 people, plus a guide for each group were put into cold sleep, only to be released when the climate is suitable for their survival. But when Natsu's group is confronted with the proof that they are indeed in Japan after some kind of catastrophe, each have to deal with the fact that life as they know it is over. No help is coming. They have to survive on their own on this land, where the environment has seemingly turned back to Jurassic times.
- Manga, 8/88 (2000)ChobitsKodansha Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkChi isn't your average humanoid computer. She can't do word processing, she can't connect to the net, and she's incapable of interfacing with other persocoms ... but when the hapless, technophobic Hideki rescues her from the scrap heap and takes her home, he finds that she may be more advanced than her childlike behavior lets on ...
- Manga, 5/- (2001)Comic Hoshi ShinichiAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.IndefiniteNovel
- Manga, 6/30 (2015)Seiyaku no FrontlineKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 2/12 (2012)Zettai Ren'ai ProgramShougakukan Inc.RomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 16/116 (2011)Dimension WSquare Enix Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkHumanity harnessed a new inexhaustible energy from inventions called "Coils" in 2051. In 2072, a skilled recovery specialist named Kyōma Mabuchi encounters a mysterious, beautiful woman right in the middle of a certain job. It is a fateful encounter that opens the door to the new dimension "W."
- Manga, 1/4 (2011)Clematica KutsutenShuueisha Inc.RomanceOriginal Work
- Manga, 5/42 (2009)Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone ComplexKodansha Ltd.Action DramaAnime
- Manga, 4/28 (2000)Sirius no KizuatoKadokawa ShotenAction DramaOriginal Work
- Manga, 1/11 (1989)Ghost in the ShellKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkDeep into the twenty-first century, the line between man and machine has been inexorably blurred as humans rely on the enhancement of mechanical implants and robots are upgraded with human tissue. In this rapidly converging landscape, cyborg superagent Major Motoko Kusanagi is charged to track down the craftiest and most dangerous terrorists and cybercriminals, including “ghost hackers” who are capable of exploiting the human/machine interface and reprogramming humans to become puppets to carry out the hackers’ criminal ends. When Major Kusanagi tracks the cybertrail of one such master hacker, the Puppeteer, her quest leads her into a world beyond information and technology where the very nature of consciousness and the human soul are turned upside down.
- Manga, 13/70 (2012)Kagerou DazeMedia FactoryComedyOtherShintaro Kisaragi, an 18-year old hikikomori and nerd, has not left his room for two years. His life has been harmonic and peaceful until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared on his computer screen when he opened the attachment of an e-mail received one year ago. During a "lover's quarrel" the two mess up Shintaro’s PC and now he is forced to go outside to go buy a new one. In the department store he unexpectedly gets into a hostage-taking, but together with Ene’s abilities, he defeats the kidnappers and saves the hostages. Everything gets real strange when he meets a group of teenagers calling themselves Mekekushi Dan (lit. "Blindfold Gang"), whose members all have a mysterious eye-power. What does this mean and why is he involved in all this? The story is based on the new popular series of songs by Jin (Shizennoteki-p) titled "Kagerou Project (Heat-Haze Days)", which became popular after the release of the song "Kagerou Daze", which also gave the series its name.