- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 43 (1999)GTO: Great Teacher OnizukaPierrot Co., Ltd.DramaManga~26minEikichi Onizuka is the teacher in every parent's nightmares, which may be the reason so many ninth-graders adore him. Built like a brick sushi bar, the 22-year-old Onizuka is a second-degree black belt in karate, a former biker, a foul-mouthed chain-smoker, and a lecher. But he's fanatically devoted to the idea of being a teacher and cares passionately about his students. Onizuka administers a broadly comic mixture of tough love and Clint Eastwood-style vigilante justice, which is just what's needed. Every student at Holy Forest Middle School seems to be a misfit, a thug, a bully, and/or the product of an unhappy home. Onizuka's actions bring him into conflict with parents, rival teachers, the PTA, various watchdog groups, and the sniveling vice-principal, none of whom can stop him.
- Bonus, 1 (2012)Steins;Gate: Egoistic PoriomaniaWhite FoxComedyVisual Novel~24minThe story takes place a few months after the end of the series. Okabe and the rest of the laboratory staff are invited by Feyris to go to Los Angeles. Mayuri and her friends make plans to meet with Makise who went to the US after the stressful events that had occured. Okabe has some minor difficulties with the local police because he is overcome by his "Hyououin Kyouma personality" and, thus attracts a lot of attention. Will Makise and Okabe find an opportunity to talk about their experiences in Japan?
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)Welcome to the N.H.K.Gonzo K.K.DramaLight Novel~24minSatou's life - or what' sleft of it - is a paranoid mess of conspiracy theories and social anxieties. He's terrified of the outside world; his apartment is overflowing with the remnants of cheap take-out food and his retinas have been permanently scarred by a steady diet of internet port. But maybe it's not all his fault. After all, the nefarious N-H-K is out there and they're determined to turn society's fringe-dwellers into a brainwashed lot of jobless, hopeless, futureless recluses Enter Misaki - a mysterious girl next door type who is Satou's last chance to beat down his inner demons and venture out into the light of day. She's already to help him overcome his crippling phobias. but Satou would rather cower in this existential foxhole and pressed to work on the demo for his virtual sex game. He's afraid to face the world. She's strangely desperate to the total stranger
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 2J.C.STAFF, EGG FIRMComedyManga~24minHigh-school student Saiki Kusuo continues trying to live a normal and peaceful life. Although he has slowly adjusted to the company of his annoying friends—who are also the biggest hurdle for a normal life—he still has a long way to go. Our coffee-pudding lover is not only challenged by his chaotic everyday life, but also by new faces appearing, who contribute to his long-awaited desire of leading a normal life still being a far-off goal.
- Movie, 1 (2011)K-On! The MovieKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~110minAfter passing their university entrance exam, Yui and co. started to discuss a variety of things they wanted to do before they graduate, including doing something for Azusa. In the process, they managed to go to London as a club for their graduation trip.
- TV-Series, 12 (2003)Full Metal Panic? FumoffuKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyLight Novel~24minIt’s Full Metal Pandemonium! Sousuke and Kaname are back in action! And this time, the battleground is the school ground! High-yield explosives and hilarity come together with a bang, as the somber soldier and his unwitting target brave everything from lovesick "terrorists" to an unforgiving teacher who is bent on revenge. But as good as he is with guns, Sousuke is one clueless commando when it comes to girls – especially Kaname! A day at the beach turns sour after Sousuke misses the point one too many times (and even fails to notice Kaname’s new bikini). Then, when Kaname is suddenly kidnapped, it’s up to our dense hero to devise a daring rescue! Don’t miss the hilarious antics of everyone’s favorite military maniac – and Jin High’s most fiery female – as the full-throttle action begins!
- TV-Series, 14 (2006)The Melancholy of Haruhi SuzumiyaKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyLight Novel~24minI thought that when I entered high school, my days of believing in aliens, time travelers and ESPers were going to be over. That is until she introduced herself. Claiming to be interested in only aliens, time travelers, and ESPers, Haruhi Suzumiya was the strangest girl I've met in a long time. Before I knew what's going on, I've been dragged into her weird club, and it looks like I'm not the only one who has been drafted into this SOS-Brigade of hers, because there are three other students who don't seem to be so ordinary themselves. Either way we ve all found ourselves caught up in Haruhi's quest to search for all things extraordinary. And what's this I hear about us making a movie?
- OVA, 12 (2008)Detroit Metal CityStudio 4°CComedyManga~14minGet ready for the ear-splittingest, skull-smashingest band to ever assault your senses! Led by phallus-waiving terrorist-from-hell Johannes Krauser II (guitar/vocals,) and given pulsing, throbbing life by indestructible drummer Camus and bassist Alexander Jagi, they're Detroit Metal City, the hottest ticket on the concert circuit! There's just one catch. That"hottest ticket" is just a meal ticket, and beneath the makeup these ultimate headbangers are hired doppelgangers who don't even LIKE what they do! Jaggi is actually Wada, who wants to play Glam Rock, Camus is Nishida, an anime fan with an appalling weakness for curry and NSFW videos, and Krauser is. oh the shame. street-singing Soichi Negishi, whose dreams of singing happy pop seem hopelessly doomed by the success of his rage-fueled alter ego! Worse, he can't even tell anyone who Krauser is. Not even the girl he likes, who HATES DMC! Will rage against the corporate machine consume Negishi's tortured soul? Is there life after Death Metal?
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Laid-Back CampC-StationComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)My Roommate is a CatZERO-G, Inc.ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Special, 1 (2018)The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 3EGG FIRM, J.C.STAFFComedyManga~46min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)BarakamonKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~23minHanda Seishu, a young calligrapher, decides to take time out after his last work has been criticized stridently. He travels to a small island to relax and find things that support his inspiration. However, the local community interferes with his plan; especially the seven year old girl Naru, who has a thirst for adventure, is always in search of fun, therefore, she wants to spend as much time with Handa as possible.
- TV-Series, 24 (2010)K-On! Season 2Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minFor two full years, Yui, Mio, Ritsu and Tsumugi have worked together to keep Sakuragaoka Girl's High School's struggling Light Music Club alive, and along the way they've begun to build a reputation as real rock musicians... especially since the previous year's addition of underclassman rhythm guitarist Azusa. But as a new school year begins, there are new and scary challenges ahead. With four fifths of the club graduating at the end of the year, replacement members have to be recruited. There are college exams to prepare for, colleges to choose, and friends to prepare to say goodbye to. But no matter what happens, they'll have their faculty adviser and secret former death metal guitar/vocalist Sawako Yamada there to help them in her own unusual way, especially since she's now their homeroom teacher as well! Most of all, they'll have each other. The group of amateur musicians who barely knew each other has become much more than just a band, and by the time this school year is over, they're going to achieve something so amazing it requires multiple exclamation marks!!
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon MaidKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 120 (2016)The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.J.C.STAFF, EGG FIRMComedyManga~5minTo his classmates Saiki Kusuo seems like a normal boy, yet he possesses a multitude of extraordinary abilities, such as telepathy and telekinesis—abilities that do not always obey his will, however. Despite all the obstacles in his path, he tries his hardest to lead a normal life. Annotation: In the Japanese morning programme 5 short episodes were aired each week, which were then compiled into a complete episode once a week and aired during the night programme.
- Web, 6 (2019)The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.: ReawakenedJ.C.STAFF, EGG FIRMComedyManga~22min
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Hinamatsurifeel.ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Silver Spoon Season 2A-1 Pictures Inc.ComedyManga~24minAs the new semester begins at Ōezo Agricultural High School, Hachiken is now used to the tough lifestyle of a rural high school. While Hachiken still wonders what he will do in the future, he continues to discover the harsh and the beautiful realities of the countryside.
- TV-Series, 25 (2017)Little Witch Academia (TV)Trigger Inc.ComedyOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2021)Laid-Back Camp Season 2C-StationComedyManga~24min
- Bonus, 1 (2010)K-ON! Live House!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~25minIt's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bassist, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy...
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Non Non Biyori RepeatSILVER LINK.ComedyManga~24minWith just five students (none in the same grade ), the four girls of the tiny Asahioka Branch School still enjoy watching cherry blossoms, playing in rivers, digging potato, and building igloos together. The pace is very slow yet enjoyable and heartwarming.
- TV-Special, 1 (2010)K-On!!: Visit!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- Movie, 1 (2018)Non Non Biyori: VacationSILVER LINK.ComedyManga~71min
- TV-Special, 1 (2010)K-On!!: Planning DiscussionKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- Web, 10 (2020)Aggretsuko: Season 3Fanworks Inc.ComedyOriginal Work~16min
- TV-Series, 12 (2009)K-On!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minWhen Yui Hirasawa enters high school, she wants to join a club but can't decide which one is right for her. Fortunately, the Light Music Club is desperate to find another member or else they'll be disbanded! With the enticement of delicious snacks and assurances that no musical experience is necessary, Yui joins up, becoming the guitarist in this all-girl high school rock band. Together with Mio Akiyama on bass, Tsumugi Kotobuki on keyboard, and Ritsu Tainaka on drums, they're going to rock the school and someday make it to the Budokan! Now, if only they can just put down the snacks long enough to practice...
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)ShirobakoP.A. Works Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work~25minA "shirobako" refers to the white box into which a finalized tape of a film is put, full of the effort of everyone who worked on it. Five girls have their eyes set on getting in a white box as they try to find success in the anime industry through writing, production, and voice acting.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)New Game!!Doga KoboComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 11 (2010)The Tatami GalaxyMADHOUSE Inc.ComedyNovel~24minWhen a college dropout stops for a late night bite at a mysterious ramen stand, he crosses paths with a self-proclaimed deity of matrimony. This bizarre meeting sends the young man hurtling through a horrifying flashback to his not-so-glorious college days when the influence of a cruel new friend turned him from a hopeless romantic into a mischievous black cupid".
- Bonus, 1 (2017)Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Valentines and Hot Springs! (Please Don’t Get Your Hopes Up)Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Special, 1 (2015)Wagnaria!!3: Lord of the TakanashiA-1 Pictures Inc.ComedyManga~50min
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)Lucky StarKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minWhen you think back to your high school days, can you really sum up those days in one concise paragraph? Memories of those times were probably made up of a series of hilarious scenes with your closest classmates. That is exactly what Lucky Star is all about. Meet Konata, a girl who is too obsessed with anime and video games for her own good; Miyuki, the cute, bespectacled living example of moé with an encyclopedic knowledge of all subjects; Kagami, the always serious but shy straight-man to Konata s constant teasing and pranks; and her younger fraternal twin sister, Tsukasa, sweet and kind airhead. Follow their not so ordinary high school days as they try to answer every day questions like how to eat a chocolate cornet.
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!Science SARU Inc.ComedyManga~25min
- TV-Special, 1 (2009)K-ON! Winter Days!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bassist, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy...
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Yamada-kun & the 7 WitchesLiden Films Inc.ComedyManga~24minOne day, high school boy Yamada bumps into the beautiful female honor student Shiraishi on the stairs (literally), and their lips touch as they fall. When they regain their wits, they realize that they have swapped bodies. As time progresses, the two realize that this is not the only mysterious happening in the school.
- Bonus, 1 (2011)K-On: Plan!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)The Devil is a Part-Timer!White FoxComedyLight Novel~23minWhen Satan is run out of his infernal kingdom, he finds himself virtually powerless in modern-day Tokyo. Stuck in a feeble mortal body and desperate for cash, there’s only one way for the dark lord to survive: by getting a job manning the deep fryer at “MgRonald”! As Satan flips burgers and tries to regain his evil magic, he’s pestered by a righteous hero who tracked him to Earth, a video-game-loving fallen angel looking for a way back into heaven, and the most unholy of enemies: a rival fast food franchise. Will he figure out a way to reclaim his homeland and throne? And if not, will this demonic burger king at least sell enough featured menu items to be promoted to shift supervisor? The devil can’t survive on minimum wage in the series Anime News Network calls “pure, unadulterated, gloriously fun entertainment.”
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Wagnaria!!3A-1 Pictures Inc.ComedyManga~24minThe gang from the Wagnaria restaurant are back for another season with a main course of wacky comedy and a side dish of blossoming romances.
- OVA, 2 (2015)Nanatsu no Taizai (2015)A-1 Pictures Inc.DramaManga~24min