- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 47 (2006)NanaMADHOUSE Inc.Romantic DramaManga~23minTwo girls with the same name leave their old lives behind and come to Tokyo to start fresh--what adventures await these two hopeful young women under the bright lights of the big city? Nana Osaki wants nothing more than to make it big as the singer of a rock 'n' roll band, while Nana Komatsu wants to put her life in motion and get her new relationship off to a good start. When the two Nanas fall in love with the same apartment, they become roommates and then best friends, and the party has just begun!
- Bonus, 1 (2008)Clannad: Another World - Tomoyo ArcKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24minTomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student resentful of his life. His mother passed away from a car accident when he was younger, causing his father to resort to alcohol and gambling. This results in fights between the two until Tomoya's shoulder is injured in a fight. Since then, Tomoya has had distant relationships with his father, causing him to become a delinquent over time. While on a walk to school, he meets a strange girl named Nagisa Furukawa who is a year older, but is repeating due to illness. Due to this, she is often alone as most of her friends have moved on. The two begin hanging out and slowly, as time goes by, Tomoya finds his life shifting in a new direction.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)ef: a tale of melodies.SHAFT Inc.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24minShuichi Kuze's been spending time with Mizuki Hayama, and as they've been getting to know each other, they've been growing closer. Sadly, Kuze discovers that he's contracted a fatal illness and decides to break all romantic ties for the little time left to him. Before he can break things off, however, Mizuki tells him that she loves him. Will her declaration change Kuze's mind? In another city, in the not-so-distant past, Yuu Himura meets a girl who seems to know him, but he doesn't know her. Soon enough, he remembers Yuko Amamiya, a girl he met long ago, and begins to rediscover the depth of their feelings for each other. Will Yuko's love reach across time to find her true love once and for all? Kuze and Mizuki, Yu and Yuko... Intertwining fate, tragic, bittersweet and beautiful.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Real Girl (Cour 2)Hoods Entertainment Inc.Romantic DramaManga~23min
- TV-Series, 14 (2003)Rumbling HeartsStudio Fantasia Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24minFour high school friends, named Takayuki Narumi, Mitsuki Hayase, Akane Suzumiya and Shinji Taira must reconsider the meaning of life when one of them, Haruka Suzumiya, is involved in a terrible accident and sent into a coma. The hole left by Haruka's absence is hard to fill, but Haruka's boyfriend and her friend Mitsuki eventually try to move on, embarking on a romance of their own. When three years later Haruka wakes up, everyone tries to pretend that no time has gone by. But no one can deny everything has changed.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Blue Spring RideProduction I.G., Inc.Romantic DramaManga~24minThe girl Yoshioka Futaba wants, with the transition to high school, to end a chapter in her life. She was bullied by some of her classmates because of her attractive outward appearance, therefore, Yoshioka decides to act more grown-up and more mature to avoid such a harassment in future. However, when she attends high school she unexpectedly meets her former crush.
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Bloom Into YouTROYCA Inc.Romantic DramaManga~24min
- Bonus, 1 (2009)Clannad After Story: Kyou ArcKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2013)Golden TimeJ.C.STAFFRomantic DramaLight Novel~24minBanri finds himself completely lost after the opening ceremony and tries to find his way to the freshman orientation. Along the way, he runs into another lost freshman from the same school, Mitsuo Yanagisawa, and they immediately hit it off. Somehow arriving at their intended goal just in time, there appears in front of them a beautiful girl holding a bouquet of roses, who congratulates Mitsuo on getting into the school then hits him across the face with them before tossing the bouquet into his lap and leaving. This stylish, well dressed, and obsessive woman is his childhood friend, Kōko Kaga. As children, they had promised to marry each other one day, something she has taken to heart this entire time. Mitsuo had gone out secretly and taken the examination for this private college in order to escape from her, but she used her connections to find out about it, took the law school entrance examination, and enrolled in the college herself in order to be with him.
- Movie, 3 (2007)5 Centimeters per SecondCoMix Wave Films Inc., Makoto SHINKAIRomantic DramaOriginal Work~21minBeginning with the lyrical image of cherry blossoms falling at five centimeters a second Makoto Shinkai paints a breathtakingly vivid tableau of young love desire loss and hope. Told in three breathtaking chapters we follow the young dreamer Takaki through his life as cruel winters cold technology silence and finally adult obligations and responsibility converge to crush the delicate petals of true love.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Doukyusei -Classmates-A-1 Pictures Inc.Romantic DramaManga~60minThe story revolves around two classmates Hikaru Kusakabe and the honor student Rihito Sajou. It all starts out with Hikaru noticing that Rihito is not singing during their music class. He thought that Rihito just doesn’t like to sing, but then he finds him practicing alone in the classroom after school. Without even thinking, Hikaru calls out to him …
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Kids on the SlopeTezuka Productions Co., Ltd., MAPPA Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaManga~24minIt’s the summer of 1966 and high school freshman Kaoru Nishimi is struggling to adjust to the latest of many moves in his young life, this time to his uncle’s home in the seaside town of Kyushu. It’s never easy adjusting. But this time will be different. This time he’ll meet friends who’ll change his life forever. And he’ll discover a new passion, one that grabs his heart and rocks him to his very soul. It’s called JAZZ, and together with bad boy Sentarou and music store girl Ritsuko, they’re going to follow their muse to wherever their music takes them!
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)True TearsP.A. Works Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaOriginal Work~24minShinichirou is a high school student who aspires to be a picture book author. His classmate Hiromi came to live with his family after her father died. Since then, she's bottled up her feelings and has an aura of melancholy around her. Shinichirou wants to cheer her up but doesn't know how. One day, Shinichirou meets Noe perched up in a tree. Noe's got weird rumors going around about her and now's she's adopted Shinichiro as her pet chicken?! A tragic event occurs but Noe doesn't shed any tears. She explains that she gave away all her tears and she's searching for someone to give them back to her. Will Shinichirou swipe away Hiromi's sorrows and find a way for Noe to find her true tears?
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Dusk Maiden of AmnesiaSILVER LINK.Ghost StoriesManga~24min60 years ago, a young woman was left to die in the abandoned school building behind the exclusive Seikyou Academy. Perhaps it’s not so surprising then, that among Seikyou’s many school clubs is one for students interested in “paranormal investigations.” Unable to remember how she died and trapped in the grey land between life and death, the ghost girl Yuuko latches onto Teiichi Niiya, a freshman who can inexplicably see her, and together they and the other unsuspecting members of the club begin to unravel the many dark mysteries that surround Seikyou.
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)Bokura ga ItaArtland Inc.Romantic DramaManga~26minNanami Takahashi is a high school student entering her first year. Immediately on her first day however, she becomes the victim of a practical joke by the school's most popular guy, Motoharu Yano, who coincidentally also ends up in her class. While the two get off to a rocky start, they soon find themselves falling in love with one another and begin dating. But their relationship is marred by Yano's past which includes the death of Yano's previous girlfriend, Nana Yamamoto, and the betrayal surrounding her death. To make matters more complicated her younger sister, Yuri, is in the same class as Yano and Nanami. As Yano struggles to come to grips with Nana's death and his unresolved feelings for her, so too must Nanami learn to understand Yano if the two hope to continue their relationship with one another.
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Say, “I Love You”ZEXCS Inc.Romantic DramaManga~24minFor 16 years, Tachibana Mei has had no boyfriend and couldn't even make friends. One day she accidentally injures Kurosawa Yamato, the most popular boy in school, but for some reason Yamato takes interest in her and one-sidedly declares her his friend. He even kisses Mei to protect her from a stalker.
- TV-Series, 6 (2006)Looking up at the Half-MoonGroup Tac Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaLight Novel~25minDuring the winter, Yuichi was hospitalized due to hepatitis. Randomly he would try to escape from the hospital but would get beat up by the nurse. One day, he happened to meet Rika, a girl of his age, in the next building. He was fascinated by her beauty, but she was very selfish girl. Although she led him by the nose, he began to be attracted by her. However, when Rika told him about her illness, he knew why she acted so selfish; she didn't have long to live.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Scum’s WishLercheRomantic DramaManga~23min
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)Vampire Knight GuiltyStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaManga~24minAt prestigious Cross Academy, there are two sessions of classes, the Day Class and the Night Class. As the school's Disciplinary Committee, Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu keep watch over the Day Class students, who are all infatuated with the beautiful, elite Night Class students. As Guardians, Yuki and Zero must also protect the secret of the Night Class: they are all vampires!
- Movie, 1 (2004)The Place Promised In Our Early DaysCoMix Wave Inc.Romantic DramaOriginal Work~90minIn 1996, an enormous tower is constructed on the southern shore of Hokkaido, it's purpose-unknown. Curious, three school children make a vow to discover the mysterious tower's secrets. Will this promise have to be left unfulfilled when one of the three falls into a coma?
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)Vampire KnightStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaManga~23minDescription Vampire Knight 1st Season Yuki's earliest memory is of a stormy night in winter, wherein she was attacked by a vampire... And then rescued by another. Now 10 years later, Yuki Cross, the adopted daughter of the headmaster of Cross Academy, has grown up and become a guardian of the vampire race, protecting her savior, Kaname, from discovery as he leads a group of vampires at the elite boarding school. But also at her side is Zero Kiryu, a childhood friend who's hatred for the creatures that destroyed everything he held dear, is now determined never to trust them. This coexisting arrangement seems all well and good, but have the vampires truly renounced their murderous ways, or is there a darker truth behind their actions. Is Kaname's infatuation with Yuki the beginning of a forbidden romance, or is it something in her forgotten past that draws him to her. Because in this world of secrets, nothing is as it seems. And the price of misplaced trust may even be worse than death. Vampire Knight Guilty 2nd Season Yuuki wants to know more about her true family and her forgotten past and starts a research. The secret will be revealed. Yuki, Kaname and Zero will show the begining of a new mystery and a forbidden love
- TV-Series, 11 (2017)Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend.flatA-1 Pictures Inc.Romantic DramaLight Novel~23min
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 2AJIADO CO.,LTD.Romantic DramaManga~25minIn the faraway village of Haworth, a new chapter in Emma's life has begun. Now employed by the wealthy Molders family, Emma has resolved to put the past behind her. She'll have to adjust to a new house, a charming (but eccentric) new mistress, and a host of fellow servants, some with buried pasts of their own. Meanwhile, back in London, William is doing his best to uphold his father's wishes as the Jones family heir, but try as he might, he can't forget Emma. Yet, whenever he feels at his worst, Eleanor is always there to comfort him with a warm, shy smile. Could the answer to his broken heart be right before his eyes?
- TV-Series, 13 (2004)Koi KazeACGT Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaManga~23minKoushirou and Nanoka are brother and sister separated since Nanoko was a baby. When the time comes for her to enter high school, it is decided that the two will live together. This is easier said than done. The two had already been on a date! Although they will try to have a platonic relationship, it becomes increasingly tense. Will the two hold off, or will the temptation prove too difficult?
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Just Because!Pine JamRomantic DramaOriginal Work~24min
- Movie, 1 (2018)Flavors of Youth: Love in ShanghaiHaoliners Animation League, CoMix Wave Films Inc.Romantic DramaOriginal Work~26min
- TV-Series, 11 (2019)GivenLercheRomantic DramaManga~23minWhen high school student Uenoyama goes to his secret favourite place at school to take a nap without being disturbed, he finds it already occupied by his classmate, the reserved Mafuyu Satou from his parallel class, who in his sleep clings to a guitar with rusty strings. Annoyed by its neglected condition and Mafuyu’s apathetic behaviour, he takes on the instrument, but from that moment on he is constantly pursued by Mafuyu, because he absolutely wants to learn how to play the guitar from him. As much as Uenoyama resists him at the beginning, he gives in at some point and takes him to his band’s rehearsals.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Love and LiesLiden Films Inc.Romantic DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2005)Paradise kissMADHOUSE Inc.Romantic DramaManga~23minYukari lives the typical high school life, continually stressed by her mother's desperate desire for her to succeed as a student. One day, she meets a group of fashion design students who go by the name of Paradise Kiss and is scouted to be a model for their Yazawa School of Design fashion show. Yukari is emotionally lost at first, but as time goes by she becomes influenced by the determination to pursue their dreams. Yukari agrees to join the fashion show to explore her true potential and her growing attraction to George, the outrageous leader of "Paradise Kiss."
- TV-Series, 44 (1999)Kaikan PhraseStudio Hibari Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaManga~25minAfter the break up of their old band, guitarist Yuki & drummer Santa decide to form a new one. They recruit bass player Towa, young guitarist Atsuro, and after much persuasion, vocalist Sakuya. Together they form Lucifer and they struggle to make it in the music business, and also to stay together. As well, they have to deal with personal issues, such as parental objections, and watching their old bands succeed ahead of them. Sakuya is the most troubled band member, as he has to deal with his tragic past, and his relationship with teenaged lyricist Aine.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)CitrusPassione Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2002)SaikanoGonzo K.K.Romantic DramaManga~23minShuji and Chise are high school seniors in a small town who have just started dating when Shuji discovers that Chise has been engineered by the SDF so that she can transform herself into a powerful weapon. While Shuji and Chise keep trying to nurture their relationship, Chise continues to grow even more powerful as the Ultimate Weapon, and becomes increasingly torn between being a destructive fighting force and remaining an ordinary teenager. What do you do when the girl you love becomes a weapon of mass destruction?
- Movie, 1 (1988)Kimagure Orange Road: I Want to Return to That DayPierrot Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaManga~68minKyosuke Kasuga thinks back to the summer when he finally decides on which girl he loves. The three-year Kyosuke/Madoka/Hikaru love-triangle crashes to an end.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Anonymous NoiseBrain's BaseRomantic DramaManga~24min
- TV-Special, 1 (2011)Ojii-san no LampTelecom Animation Film Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaOriginal Work~24minA young boy finds an old lamp in his house, but is unable identify what this thing is supposed to do. His grandfather then tells the boy the story behind the object.
- TV-Series, 13 (2000)GravitationStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaManga~22minLove - the one force that simply won't be denied! All Shuichi ever dreamed about was following in the footsteps of his pop idol, Ryuichi Sakuma and the band Nittle Grasper. Together with his best friend Hiro, Shuichi's formed a band called Bad Luck and they've even managed to get signed to a major recording label! Unfortunately, the studio deadlines are looming and Shuichi still hasn't finished the lyrics for any of the songs. What he needs is a little inspiration... but he's been running a little low in that department lately. While Hiro recommends finding a girlfriend, fate has other things in store for him... Walking through the park, aspiring rock star Shuichi's latest lyrics flutter away and land at the feet of a stunning stranger who takes his breath away. The stranger happens to be the famous novelist Eiri Yuki, and he completely crushes the young singer by telling him he has "zero talent." Now Shuichi's so annoyed that he's managed to finish his song just so he can find and confront Yuki! But are his actions really motivated by anger, or has he fallen in love?
- OVA, 3 (2007)Embracing Love: A Cicada in WinterVenetRomantic DramaManga~34minIn Japan, the Tokugawa Era represents a period of change in which the country must decide on how best to deal with its relationships with foreign countries. While many believe in isolationism, especially among the Choshu faction, Touma Kusaka's ideals are against his clan's. He secretly attempts to learn English for the purpose of preparing for the future of an open Japan. To this end, he gains an ally for his silent struggle in a man named Keiichiro Akizuki, despite the fact that Akizuki is on the opposing side, the Tokugawa shogunate. During the course of their interaction, their bond deepens into something beyond commonality.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Love, Chunibyo, & Other Delusions: Rikka VersionKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaLight Novel~90minSummary of the first season of the show, as seen from Rikka's perspective with new elements.
- OVA, 2 (1999)Gravitation: Lyrics of LovePlumRomantic DramaManga~28minShuichi Shindo is the famous lead vocalist of the rock band Bad Luck. Shuichi usually writes the lyrics for their songs, but now he's depressed because his lover Eiri Yuki (a writer/novelist) keeps ignoring him. Yuki has been known to be cold to Shuichi before, but he's blantantly ignoring Shuichi this time. It may be that Yuki's latest writing job is the reason for his recent attitude.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Dance with DevilsBrain's BaseRomantic DramaOriginal Work~24minRitsuka Tachibana is a female second-year high school student who attends Shiko Academy in Shiko Town. She enjoyed her school life while living with her mother Maria, but one day, that balance fell into ruin when she discovers several of her attractive, male classmate are demons.