- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 11 (2011)Bunny DropProduction I.G., Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~23minDaikichi, a 30-year-old bachelor, meets the 6-year-old girl Rin at his grandfather Souichi's funeral. It is there that Daikichi and his family learn that Rin is Souichi's direct descendant. When the topic of who would care for her comes up, the family shirks all responsibility of raising this "shameful" child. Reacting emotionally, Daikichi declares his intention to take Rin into his home. This is the story of two very different individuals coming together under one roof and learning what it means to be a family, an experience that teaches Daikichi what it means to be a parent.
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Natsume’s Book of Friends 4Brain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~24minTakashi Natsume continues to return the names of the spirits that have been written in the "Book of Friends" he inherited from his grandmother, Reiko Natsume. While Natsume is still aided by the chubby Nyanko-sensei, he's now helped by some of the friends he had made in his journey; be it human beings or spirits. As he becomes closer to both, Natsume faces the inevitable question of the sides he has to take especially when there is a conflict between the two.
- OVA, 4 (2018)ReLIFE: Final ArcTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2011)Hotarubi no Mori eBrain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~45minAs a child, Hotaru lost herself in a forest near her uncle's place that she visits every summer. There, she had a fateful encounter with a spirit, who helped her even though he would disappear if a human being touches him. She began to visit him every summer, even as she grows; while he waits for the summer to come, for their time together to flow again.
- TV-Series, 11 (2017)Natsume Yujin-cho 6Shuka Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 14 (2019)Ascendance of a BookwormAJIADO CO.,LTD.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~24minHonzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan o Erande Iraremasen adapts the light novel of the same name by Miyu Kazuki. Motosu Urano is finally done with her university studies and now holds in her hands her librarian’s certificate. A life filled with books awaits her—both at work and at home! The young woman can’t imagine anything better, but alas she won’t make it to retirement … No sooner has she started her dream job than an earthquake shakes her home town and the books she loves so much turn into a deadly trap and bury Motosu beneath them. “But there are still so many books to read!” She turns to God with a sudden prayer and he answers her plea and grants her a second life …! Now she lives in an entirely new world—her name is now Maine and she is five years old! As the daughter of a poor soldier she doesn’t always have an easy life, but little has changed as far as her interests are concerned: she is still completely enthralled by the written word and wants to read as many books as possible. But in this new, medieval world she is confronted with a completely new problem: hardly anyone here can read and leaving aside the fact that there are only very few books in this world to begin with, it would cost a fortune to buy one of them! And yet Maine wouldn’t be a genuine book lover if she let something like that stop her … If there aren’t any books here, then she’ll just have to make her own!
- TV-Series, 13 (2011)Natsume’s Book of Friends 3Brain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~24minTakashi Natsume sees spirits, and with the help of his lazy and sake-guzzling bodyguard Nyanko-sensei he returns to spirits their names that were stolen by his grandmother Reiko Natsume. Not all of the spirits are peaceful though, and he often fights to keep himself and his family and friends safe while at the same time fighting the loneliness that plagued him before he found his home.
- TV-Series, 11 (2016)Natsume Yujin-cho 5Shuka Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24min
- Web, 13 (2016)ReLIFETMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~24minArata Kaizaki is an unemployed, single 27-year-old who has just been cut off from his parents' financial support. Unable to find a job due to him leaving his previous employer within three months, he is stuck. One night after drinking with a high school friend, Arata meets Ryō Yoake, a man who offers Arata pills to turn him back into a 17-year old so he can redo his life. After agreeing to the experiment, Arata joins a high school class, and meets Chizuru Hishiro, a socially-awkward silent beauty who yearns to have friends. Through connecting with her and other classmates, Arata must find what he lacks to live a happy life in the real world within a one-year time limit.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)BeastarsOrange Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~23minBeastars, the anime of the manga of the same name by Paru Itagaki, takes us into a world dominated by anthropomorphised animals. Carnivores and herbivores live together in peace thanks to the strictest laws, but such “coexistence” naturally comes with its own set of problems. Again and again innocent herbivores fall victim to violent crimes and the illegal “livestock trafficking” flourishes in the shadows of the big cities. In this world, the respected Cherryton Academy set out to be a role model for coexistence, but here, too, the façade slowly begins to crumble … For the students of the Cherryton Academy, school life is full of dreams, hope and romance—as well as distrust and discomfort … In a school where students are literally divided into “predators” and “prey,” peace is maintained only through the personal relationships between students. But when one day a member of the drama club is murdered and eaten, the very foundations of the school are shaken. A suspect is found quickly: the wolf Legosi. Although he insists on his innocence and asserts that he wouldn’t possibly hurt a fly, he finds himself hardly able to hold back his instincts whenever he is near the dwarf rabbit girl Haru. Is the big, bad wolf in love or does he think of Haru as being “delectable” in a whole different way …?
- TV-Series, 99 (2012)Space BrothersA-1 Pictures Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24minWhen they were young, the brothers Mutta and Hibito promised each other they would become astronauts. Now, in 2025, Hibito has followed his dream to become the first Japanese on the moon, but Mutta has just been fired from his job. His brother reminds him of their childhood promise, and Mutta decides once again to aim for space.
- Movie, 1 (2010)Time of Eve: The MovieStudio Rikka Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work~105minSometime in future Japan, androids have been involved in every aspect of peoples lives. One day, upon checking his android's behavioral log, Rikuo, a student, noticed his android's returning times have been odd recently. With his friend Masaki, they found out the place where his android, Sammy, have been visiting: a small cafe called Eve no Jikan where androids and human are not seen as different. Upon talking with the "people" in the cafe and discovering more of Sammy's behavior, Rikuo changed his view about androids and treat them as friends rather than tools. At the same time, elsewhere in Japan, the Ethics committee is trying to impose policies to reduce the involvement and use of androids in society.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Sound! Euphonium 2Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaNovel~26min
- Web, 6 (2008)Time of EveStudio Rikka Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work~17minIn the not too distant future androids have come into common usage. Taking the androids for granted, humans treat them as if they were common everyday tools, while on the other hand, some people empathize with androids due to their human-like appearance (save for a digital ring floating above their heads). This has become a social problem and these people are frowned upon as a result. Rikuo, one who has taken androids for granted for his entire life, one day discovers that Sammy, his home android, has been acting strangely and finds a strange phrase recorded in her activity log. He, along with his friend Masaki, traces Sammy's footsteps and come upon an unusual cafe. This cafe's main rule is to not discriminate between humans and androids.
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Plastic MemoriesDoga KoboSlice of Life DramaOriginal Work~24minIn a future not too far away, androids that look exactly like humans begin to spread across the world. The android production company SA Corp. produced Giftia, a new kind of android that has the most amount of emotion and human-like qualities out of any other model ever seen. However, due to problems in technology, the androids have a service life, and once they pass that, it gets pretty bad. For this reason, SA Corp. creates a terminal service in order to retrieve Giftia that have gone past their service life. A new employee at the terminal service named Tsukasa Mizugaki forms a team with the Giftia Isla to retrieve the other androids.
- Movie, 1 (2011)From up on Poppy HillStudio GhibliSlice of Life DramaManga~95minUmi Matsuzaka, the eldest sibling in a close-knit family of five, raises a pair of signal flags everyday at her seaside house in Yokohama Bay without fail in anticipation of the return of her father, who went missing in action during the Korean War. In school, Umi finds herself involved in a student movement seeking to prevent the demolition of an old club house. In the process, she falls in love with the newspaper club member Shun Kazama, only to find out that they might be related by blood.
- Movie, 1 (2013)AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That Day - The MovieA-1 Pictures Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~99minA year has passed since Menma's ghostly return to the Super Peace Busters. Although the time they spent together during that summer was short, the five members reminisce about what happened as they each write a letter to their lost friend.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Liz and the Blue BirdKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaNovel~90min
- OVA, 1 (2014)Natsume Yuujinchou: Itsuka Yuki no Hi niBrain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~23min
- Movie, 1 (1995)Whisper of the HeartStudio GhibliSlice of Life DramaManga~111minDuring summer vacation, a schoolgirl named Shizuku, who longs to discover her true talents, observes an ordinary-looking cat riding by himself on the train. Intrigued, she decides to follow him. This chance encounter leads her to the mysterious Seiji, a boy who is determined to follow his dreams, and The Baron, a magical cat figurine who helps her listen to the whispers in her heart. Soon, Shizuku's exciting adventures carry her far beyond the boundaries of her imagination.
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Iroduku: The World in ColorsP.A. Works Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)Natsume’s Book of FriendsBrain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~24minNatsume Takashi has the ability to see spirits, which he has long kept secret. However, once he inherits a strange book that belonged to his deceased grandmother, Reiko, he discovers the reason why spirits surround him. Containing the names of these spirits, a binding contract was formed between the spirits and the owner of the book. Now, Natsume is determined to free the spirits and dissolve the contracts. With the help of a spirit cat, his days are filled trying to return the names to these spirits.
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Smile Down the RunwayEzo'laSlice of Life DramaManga~25min
- OVA, 1 (2020)Ascendance of a Bookworm: Side StoryAJIADO CO.,LTD.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~24min
- Bonus, 1 (2005)Elfen Lied OVAArms CorporationSlice of Life DramaManga~24minThis episode takes place within episode 11 as Nana attempts to fit in the household while trying to find a chore that she can do and get used to Nyu's presence whom she only knows as Lucy. Running away after getting scolded, Nana ends up in the beach and meets Bantou whom she promised to bring Lucy to later that night. Leaving the household with Nyu, it begins to rain and Nyu slips, hits her head, and is knocked unconscious. As Bantou waits and everyone else worries where they might be, Nana, with an uncoscious Nyu, takes shelter as Lucy's consciousness begins to come out and dreams an old memory of how she was captured and why she doesn't attack Director Kurama. As the rain begins to let up, Kouta and the others find Nana and Lucy and takes them home. There, Nana finally finds the chore that she will be doing - feeding the dog.
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)Aria the OriginationHAL FILM MAKER Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~23minAs winter melts into spring, Akari, Aika and Alice continue to work hard to become Neo-Venezia s top gondoliers. Aika starts to take on more responsibility around Himeya; Alice travels up the challenging canal near Hope Hill; even Akari spends a day working on a huge gondola called a traghetto! But there's still so much to learn... and the final test to become a Prima, which once seemed so far off in the future, might not be so far off anymore.
- TV-Series, 26 (2011)Hanasaku Iroha: Blossoms for TomorrowP.A. Works Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work~24minWhen her mother runs off with her latest boyfriend, Ohana Matsumae is sent to live with her grandmother, who she has never met nor spoken to. Her grandmother is not pleased to find Ohana on her doorstep, and sets her to work at her Taisho-era (1920s) hot springs inn. It's not a lifestyle that Ohana would have chosen, but she decides not to be discouraged and to make the most of her difficult circumstances.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Okko’s InnMADHOUSE Inc., DLE Inc.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~94min
- TV-Series, 13 (2009)Maria Watches Over Us 4th SeasonStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~25minYumi and the Yamayuri Council have found two new helpers in Kanako and Toko. Unfortunately, their assistance comes with a certain tension, as neither girl is particularly fond of the other and both seem likely candidates to be Yumi's petite soeur. But will either one be a good fit for Yumi? As the school year marches on, the work for the Yamayuri Council piles up, and pressure begins to mount for Yumi to make her final decision.
- Movie, 1 (1989)Kiki’s Delivery ServiceStudio GhibliSlice of Life DramaNovel~103minKiki is an enterprising young girl who must follow tradition to become a full-fledged witch. Venturing out with only her chatty black cat, Jiji, Kiki flies off for the adventure of a lifetime. Landing in a far-off city, she sets up a high-flying delivery service and begins a wonderful experience of independence and responsibility as she finds her place in the world.
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Aishiteru ze BabyTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~25minKippei Katakura is a high school playboy who would flirt with any girl he sees. His life was turned upside down when one day, when his 5-year old cousin Yuzuyu shows up at his house after her mother had seemingly abandoned her. And now Kippei has been handed the task of taking care of Yuzuyu for the time being and he must learn how to become the "mother" that Yuzuyu needs.
- Bonus, 2 (2017)Natsume Yujin-cho 5 OVAsShuka Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~23min
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Sound! EuphoniumKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaNovel~24minKumiko Oumae is looking for a new beginning at Kitauji High School, distant from most of her middle school peers. She befriends Hazuki Katou and Saphire "Midori" Kawashima and joins the Music Club with them, a past-time from her junior high days. There she continues to play euphonium and encounters Reina Kousaka, a figure from her past she didn't expect to meet again. As the club works tirelessly to achieve it's goals, the two girls awkwardly dance around each other, each wanting to know the other more.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Hanasaku Iroha the Movie: Home Sweet HomeP.A. Works Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~67minWhile sorting through a mess of books in the staff room, Ohana happens upon one of Denroku's log books from long ago. Within it, it recounts a story of Ohana's mom when she was the same age as her.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Hakumei and MikochiLercheSlice of Life DramaManga~25min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)One Week FriendsBrain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~25minHigh school sophomore Yūki Hase noticed that Kaori Fujimiya, his classmate, was always alone. He tried to start a conversation with her but was turned down: "My memories of friendship can last only a week," she said. Despite of knowing this shocking truth, Yūki keeps trying to be Kaori's "new" friend every week.
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)Aria the NaturalHAL FILM MAKER Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24minAkari, Aika and Alice are three girls who share a single dream: to become the most talented gondoliers in all of Neo-Venezia! Every day they train toward their goal, exploring all the wondrous sights that the water-covered planet Aqua has to offer. Whether it s spending a wild day at Carnevale, sharing a beautiful sunset, or even crossing paths with the mysterious spirits that dwell in Aqua s shadows, for these three friends, each day is a new adventure!
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Konohana KitanLercheSlice of Life DramaManga~24min
- OVA, 5 (2006)Maria Watches Over Us 3rd SeasonStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~52minSummer has arrived, and the students of Lillian Girls' Academy are on break! Yumi and Sachiko head out to the Ogasawara family's summer home, but what was supposed to be a relaxing vacation takes a turn for the worse when some of Sachiko's old acquaintances drop by for tea. These rich and snobby debutantes don't think Yumi is worthy of Sachiko's affection and they're out to make this summer one she'll regret.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Penguin HighwayStudio Colorido Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~118minEven though little Aoyama is only 9 years old, he is convinced that he has already found the woman of his life: the attractive dentist’s assistant he calls Onee-san. When one day out of nowhere his quiet little hometown is overrun by penguins that disappear just as suddenly as they appeared, the bright fourth-grader sets out to investigate these events. He discovers that there seems to be some connection between the mysterious sphere that one of his classmates discovered in the forest, the penguins and his beloved dentist’s assistant.