- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Movie, 3 (2016)KizumonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~72min
- Movie, 1 (2006)The Girl Who Leapt Through TimeMADHOUSE Inc.DramaNovel~100minWhat would you do if you could leap backward through time? When 17 year old Makoto Konno gains this ability after an accident in her high school chemistry lab, she immediately sets about improving her grades and preventing personal mishaps. Before long however, she realizes that even innocuous changes can have terrible consequences. Changing the past is not as simple as it seems, and eventually Makoto will have to rely on her new powers to shape the future for herself and her friends.
- TV-Series, 22 (2012)Psycho-PassProduction I.G., Inc.Crime FictionOriginal Work~23minThe Sibyl System was meant to grind all criminal activity to a permanent halt, but something’s gone horribly wrong. A deranged genius known as Makishima has mastered the art of justifying his own heinous deeds, leaving the Dominator powerless to stop his reign of terror. At the first sign of the system cracking, thugs take to the streets, terrorizing the innocent while wearing special helmets that prevent their cruel intentions from being detected. With their futuristic weaponry powerless to stop the bloody rampage, Inspector Akane and her Enforcer, Kogami, must take an old-fashioned approach to the law. While Akane infiltrates the Sibyl System to discover how far the corruption has spread, Kogami doggedly tracks Makishima, setting the stage for a violent and shocking final showdown!
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIGProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~25minSet in a re-imagined Hong Kong at a time when cyberspace is expanding into human reality, the story follows top cyberwarrior Major Motoko Kusanagi as she hovers on the border of total immersion in the digital world.
- Movie, 1 (1995)Ghost in the ShellProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~79minIn the year 2029, the barriers of our world have been broken down by the net and by cybernetics, but this brings new vulnerability to humans in the form of brain-hacking. When a highly-wanted hacker known as "The Puppetmaster" begins involving them in politics, Section 9, a group of cybernetically enhanced cops, are called in to investigate and stop the Puppetmaster. The pursuit will call into question what makes a human and what is the Puppetmaster in a world where the distinction between human and machine is increasingly blurry.
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)When They CryStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual Novel~24minIt's tough to be the new guy in town, but when Keiichi joins an after school club with four cute girls, he thinks he's got it made. Then he learns about demonic cults, the failed dam construction project and the murders that happen every year after the town festival. How many of his "friends" from his club are involved- and what are their plans for him?!
- TV-Series, 50 (2005)Eureka SevenBONES Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minApart from hover-boarding, fourteen year-old Renton Thurston finds his life boring until a large LFO robot called the Nirvash crashes into his room one day without warning. The pilot of the LFO is a beautiful young girl named Eureka, who has come to have her LFO serviced in the garage run by his family. But following her are the Gekkostate, a small band of guerilla fighters, and a United Federation Forces KLF unit.
- Movie, 1 (1997)Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of EvangelionGainax Co., Ltd., Production I.G., Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~90minHaving prevented the Third Impact and thus saving the planet, NERV unexpectedly finds itself under attack. Conscious of Gendo's betrayal, SEELE launches a massive raid towards Tokyo-3 in order to conclude the Human Instrumentality Project at any cost. NERV must now fight its most fearsome opponent: mankind itself.
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)When They Cry: KaiStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaVisual Novel~24minThe endless cycle of hatred and death that befell the small village of Hinamizawa continues. Rika Furude, who is the sole witness of all those tragedies, tries to find a way out of it with her friends' help, without knowing if there is one after all.
- TV-Series, 26 (1995)Neon Genesis EvangelionGainax Co., Ltd., Tatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minNeon Genesis Evangelion is the story of a reluctant young hero, called upon to pilot an immense robotic weapon in battle against alien invaders in the year 2015. As the remnants of the human race cower in subterranean cities, a deadly war is being waged on what is left of the planet. On one side are the mysterious beings known as Angels; on the other, the special agency NERV and mankind’s last hope, the awe-inspiring Evangelions. Annotation: An English-dubbed version was first published as part of a VHS release by ADV Films starting in 1996. After ADV Films’ license expired, streaming service Netflix released a newly dubbed version in 2019.
- TV-Series, 26 (2010)RainbowMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~23minSeven teenagers in 1955 have to learn to live together in the same hold in the reformatory of Shio. Confined in a hall where suffering and humiliation are daily, they are waiting for a ray of hope in a dark, incarcerating world. The story follows their life together and how they move on afterwards.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 2: EternalSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~110minMadoka learns from Kyubey, whose real identity is Incubator, that his species makes contracts to make girls into magical girls that inevitably become witches in order to use the energy that spawns from their despair to counter entropy in the universe. Kyouko, hoping for a chance that Sayaka can be made human again, takes Madoka with her to try and reach her humanity. This ultimately fails, with Kyouko choosing to sacrifice herself to destroy Sayaka with her. Meanwhile, it is revealed that Homura comes from another timeline, having relived the same month several times in the hope of saving Madoka from a grim fate at the hands of the ultimate witch, Walpurgisnacht. Homura attempts to face Walpurgisnacht, but is ultimately defeated and draws close to despair, feeling her efforts have become pointless. Just then, Madoka appears and uses the built up energy from several timelines to become a powerful magical girl capable of eliminating witches before they are born.
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Terror in ResonanceMAPPA Co., Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work~23minOne summer day, a terrorist attack strikes Tokyo. The perpetrators are two boys who call themselves "Sphinx." The attack was just the beginning of the grandiose game they are playing that will envelop all of Japan.
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)One OutsMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~23minHiromichi Kojima, the star batter of the Lycaons, heads to Okinawa to train and bring himself out of a slump. There, he meets Toua Tokuchi, a 134 km/h (83 mph) pitcher and the undisputed king of a gambling form of baseball called "One Out". At Kojima's urging, Tokuchi signs up with the Lycaons. His contract differs form the usual, though, in that he gets 5,000,000 yen for every out he pitches, but loses 50,000,000 yen for every point he gives up.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Part 3 - RebellionSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~116minMadoka Kaname used to be a normal girl living happy days of her life. This all ended when she sacrificed herself in order to save other magical girls from the utterly cruel fate that awaited them. Unable to let her memories of Madoka die, Homura Akemi continues to fight alone in the world that Madoka left behind for humanity in order to see her smile once more.
- Movie, 1 (2008)The Garden of Sinners: Ever Cry, Never Life (Remaining Sense of Pain)ufotable, Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~57minOne night, Mikiya helps a girl who is lying doubled over with stomach pains. Around that time a number of dismembered bodies are found throughout the city. The murder victims are torn apart so badly that they don't seem like the work of a human. Shiki finds the perpetrator of those crimes, who turns out to be the girl that Mikiya had saved. Her name is Fujino Asagami. Like Shiki, who possesses the Mystical Eyes of Death Perception, Fujino has the psychokinetic power to bend anything. The third movie in chronological timeline.
- Movie, 1 (2007)Evangelion: 1.11 - You Are (Not) Alone.Studio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~98minTokyo-3 still stands after most of civilization was decimated in the Second Impact. Now the city endures the ceaseless onslaught of the deadly Angels, bizarre creatures bent on eradicating the human race. To combat this strange and ruthless enemy, the government agency NERV constructs a fleet of towering humanoid machines – the Evas – and Shinji Ikari is called into action, reluctantly taking his place at the controls of Eva Unit 01. Living a life of loneliness and questioning his existence, Shinji struggles to accept responsibility for mankind’s battle for survival in this visually striking rebuild of one of the most important anime of all time. Shinji will fight the Angels alongside the only person who might understand his plight – Rei Ayanami, the elusive and frail pilot of Eva Unit 00. In this film experience not to be missed, Shinji and Rei will struggle to learn a simple truth: when carrying the burden of humanity’s survival on your shoulders, you are not alone.
- TV-Series, 26 (2011)Future DiaryasreadThrillerManga~24minYukiteru Amano (Yuki) is a loner who never really interact with people and prefers writing a diary on his cell phone with his only companion being an imaginary friend named Deus Ex Machina, the God of Time and Space. However, Yuki soon learns that Deus is not a figment of his imagination but real when Deus makes him a participant in a battle royale with eleven others. Within this "Diary Game", the contestants are given special diaries that can predict the future with each diary having unique features that gives them both advantages and disadvantages.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Mob Psycho 100BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minThis anime revolves around the 14 year old Shigeo Kageyama, also known as Mob, who “explodes” when his emotional capacity reaches 100 %. Shigeo, with his supernatural powers, earned his nickname, because no one would notice him were he in a big crowd. He usually keeps his powers sealed, so that he can lead a normal life and not harm anyone. However, when he reaches his 100 % limit, an overwhelming force that he cannot control surges through his entire body.
- OVA, 12 (2008)Detroit Metal CityStudio 4°CComedyManga~14minGet ready for the ear-splittingest, skull-smashingest band to ever assault your senses! Led by phallus-waiving terrorist-from-hell Johannes Krauser II (guitar/vocals,) and given pulsing, throbbing life by indestructible drummer Camus and bassist Alexander Jagi, they're Detroit Metal City, the hottest ticket on the concert circuit! There's just one catch. That"hottest ticket" is just a meal ticket, and beneath the makeup these ultimate headbangers are hired doppelgangers who don't even LIKE what they do! Jaggi is actually Wada, who wants to play Glam Rock, Camus is Nishida, an anime fan with an appalling weakness for curry and NSFW videos, and Krauser is. oh the shame. street-singing Soichi Negishi, whose dreams of singing happy pop seem hopelessly doomed by the success of his rage-fueled alter ego! Worse, he can't even tell anyone who Krauser is. Not even the girl he likes, who HATES DMC! Will rage against the corporate machine consume Negishi's tortured soul? Is there life after Death Metal?
- TV-Series, 25 (2007)Darker than BlackBONES Inc.ActionOriginal Work~24minA new and deadly breed of covert agent walks the streets. Known as Contractors, these assassins and spies wield bizarre supernatural powers to carry out the dirty work of others. They thrive in the underworld, between rumour and reality, their loyalties always in question. In Tokyo, an impenetrable field known as "Hell's Gate" appeared ten years ago. At the same time, psychics who wield paranormal powers at the cost of their conscience also emerged. Hei is one of the most powerful of these psychic agents, and along with his blind associate, Yin, works for one of the many rival agencies vying to unlock the mysteries of Hell's Gate.
- OVA, 5 (2010)Black Lagoon: Roberta’s Blood TrailMADHOUSE Inc.ActionManga~34minThe cutthroat crew of Black Lagoon faces their stiffest challenge yet when a Venezuelan assassination sparks a killing spree that spans the globe. Roberta was a reformed assassin until a clandestine clash between politically backed acronyms claimed the life of her master. In the flash of a muzzle she goes form maid to murderer on a pill-popping, crimson stained quest for vengeance. When Revy and the gang are hired to stop Roberta’s killing spree, they quickly find themselves in the middle of an international shootout starring everyone from the KGB to the CIA. The bullets are flying, the bodies are piling up in the street, and Roberta’s painting the town red – with blood.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 1: BeginningsSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~130minIn the city of Mitakihara, a girl named Madoka Kaname, along with her friend, Sayaka Miki, encounter a creature named Kyubey and are saved from witches by a magical girl named Mami Tomoe. Kyubey offers Madoka and Sayaka the chance to have any one wish granted in exchange for becoming a magical girl and fighting witches, whilst Homura Akemi, another magical girl who recently transferred into Madoka's class, is strongly against Madoka becoming one. Before Madoka can make a decision, however, Mami is killed by a witch, leaving Madoka too afraid to become a magical girl. Sayaka, however, decides to become a magical girl herself in order to heal the hand of her childhood friend, Kyosuke Kamijou. As Sayaka soon comes into conflict with another magical girl named Kyouko Sakura, they, along with Madoka, learn the shocking truth that their soul gems, the source of their magical powers, literally contain their souls.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Death ParadeMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~23minAfter death, humans go to either the eternal void or are reincarnated. However, where there's doubt as to were to place some occasional souls, these instead arrive at bar Quindecim, with no memories of having died. Decim, the bartender, challenges them to the Death Game, wherein they wager their "lives" and reveal their true natures. Decim himself is actually an arbiter in charge of deciding the fate of those that arrive at Quindecim - by pulling the darkness from deepest within them, he judges their ultimate fate.
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)ef: a tale of memories.SHAFT Inc.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minOn Christmas Eve, Hiro Hirono meets a girl named Miyako Miyamura as she chases a purse snatcher. Hiro later finds out that Miyako also goes to the same school as he does and they start hanging out together. This makes Hiro's childhood friend, Kei Shindō, feel left out, so she tries to compete with Miyako for Hiro's affection, creating a love triangle. Meanwhile, Renji Asō meets a girl named Chihiro Shindō at an abandoned train station. He soon learns that Chihiro suffers from a type of amnesia where her memory lasts for only 13 hours. He also discovers Chihiro's dream of writing a novel, but she has never been able to fulfill that dream due to her condition. Renji then decides to help her fulfill that dream.
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)xxxHOLiC: KeiProduction I.G., Inc.Ghost StoriesManga~24minStill working to get his wish complete, Watanuki finds himself into more mess than he can handle when certain facts about his everyday life gets revealed and when he needs to learn the lesson of Yuuko the hard way.
- Movie, 1 (2008)The Garden of Sinners: Garan no Dou (The Hollow Shrine)ufotable, Inc.DramaLight Novel~45minAfter spending two years in a coma caused by a traffic accident, Shiki awakens with amnesia. One day, Shiki is visited by Touko Aozaki, a wizard and proprietor of a studio called "Garan no Dou". Due to the loss of her alternate personality, Shiki has lost not only any memory of her accident, but also any real sense that she's alive and spends her days as a mere empty shell of herself. Strange, enigmatic beings begin to attack her, trying to take control of her body, now that her soul is hollow. However, one day, she confronts the attackers who've resorted to force and Shiki makes the decision to fight of her own volition. The second movie in chronological timeline.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Classroom of the EliteLercheDramaLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 26 (2007)Kaiji: Ultimate SurvivorMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~23minItou Kaiji is a bum who steals car emblems and slashes tires on what seems to be a regular basis. This routine changes one day when he is paid a visit by a man in a trench-coat. Once the two get talking, it seems that the visitor (Calling himself Endou) is a debt collector. The reason for his visit is an unpaid loan which kaiji had previously co-signed for a work-mate (Furuhata Takeshi). The original loan was 30000 yen and once Takeshi had disappeared, the loan then fell on Kaiji. Kaiji is then told of a way to clear the interest compounded debt (which stood at 3,850,000 yen), which involved getting on a boat with others in his position. Once on the boat the debtors would then have to gamble with loaned money, which would end with a few winning, and others getting into deeper debt and having to work to pay of their debts. After some coercing kaiji accepts a position on the boat, in order to clear himself and make a bit of money as well...
- TV-Series, 11 (2009)Tokyo Magnitude 8.0Kinema Citrus Co., Ltd., BONES Inc.DramaOriginal Work~23minThere is an estimated 70% or higher possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. In 2012, Mirai, a middle school freshman girl, goes to Tokyo’s artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yuuki at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor registering 8.0 on the JMA scale emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall, and the landscape of Tokyo changes in seconds. With the help of a motorcycle delivery woman named Mari who they meet on Odaiba, Mirai and Yuuki strive to head back to their Setagaya home in western Tokyo.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Tokyo GhoulPierrot Co., Ltd.HorrorManga~24minHigh schooler Ken, who just barely escaped the fangs of death, reawakens as a ghoul. At first everything seems normal... until he finally feels a devastating appetite for human flesh. This, however, poses some rather moral questions as Ken would sooner kill himself than eat a human. His dilemma soon dissolves, however, as he discovers that a secret society of ghouls has long since been living right under the humans' noses.
- TV-Series, 24 (2004)Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte CristoGonzo K.K.DramaNovel~24minAlbert is a young man of privilege in Paris, but the trappings of his aristocratic birth leave him bored and unsatisfied. Seeking adventure, Albert’s restless spirit leads him to a festival on the moon – and to the Count of Monte Cristo. An enigmatic man of charm and wealth, the Count of Monte Cristo’s charisma and sophistication captivate Albert. The fascinated youth invites the nobleman to mingle within the upper echelons of Parisian society, and the Count is soon courting the favor of France’s most powerful families. Little does Albert know, as his new friend walks the ornate halls of the highest class, the Count of Monte Cristo wants only to bring them crashing down through vengeance.
- Movie, 1 (2007)The Garden of Sinners: ...And Nothing Heart (Murder Speculation Part A)ufotable, Inc.DramaLight Novel~60minMikiya Kokutou meets a girl who has a mysterious gaze, and falls in love with her. That April, at his high school entrance ceremony, Mikiya is reunited with the girl. The girl's name is Shiki Ryougi. Shiki keeps others at a distance, but as Mikiya interacts with her, she gradually opens up to him, though not without trepidation. Meanwhile, the city has been rattled by a series of bizarre murders. There are no known links between victims, and the motive is unclear. One day, Mikiya meets “SHIKI”, another personality that resides within Shiki. Mikiya suspects who the murderer is, but at the same time, he decides to believe in Shiki. An astonishing secret awaits him, but he doesn’t find out until three years later. The first movie in chronological timeline.
- TV-Series, 23 (2006)Ergo Proxymanglobe Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minA domed city, Romd is home to both humans and robots. The two races peacefully live together, both under the control of the government. This doesn't last forever, however, as the surprise attack on a reporter by a mysterious being that is not clearly robot or human sparks an all-out war which may just be the awakening.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)ef: a tale of melodies.SHAFT Inc.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24minShuichi Kuze's been spending time with Mizuki Hayama, and as they've been getting to know each other, they've been growing closer. Sadly, Kuze discovers that he's contracted a fatal illness and decides to break all romantic ties for the little time left to him. Before he can break things off, however, Mizuki tells him that she loves him. Will her declaration change Kuze's mind? In another city, in the not-so-distant past, Yuu Himura meets a girl who seems to know him, but he doesn't know her. Soon enough, he remembers Yuko Amamiya, a girl he met long ago, and begins to rediscover the depth of their feelings for each other. Will Yuko's love reach across time to find her true love once and for all? Kuze and Mizuki, Yu and Yuko... Intertwining fate, tragic, bittersweet and beautiful.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Land of the LustrousOrange Co., Ltd.DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)BeastarsOrange Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~23minBeastars, the anime of the manga of the same name by Paru Itagaki, takes us into a world dominated by anthropomorphised animals. Carnivores and herbivores live together in peace thanks to the strictest laws, but such “coexistence” naturally comes with its own set of problems. Again and again innocent herbivores fall victim to violent crimes and the illegal “livestock trafficking” flourishes in the shadows of the big cities. In this world, the respected Cherryton Academy set out to be a role model for coexistence, but here, too, the façade slowly begins to crumble … For the students of the Cherryton Academy, school life is full of dreams, hope and romance—as well as distrust and discomfort … In a school where students are literally divided into “predators” and “prey,” peace is maintained only through the personal relationships between students. But when one day a member of the drama club is murdered and eaten, the very foundations of the school are shaken. A suspect is found quickly: the wolf Legosi. Although he insists on his innocence and asserts that he wouldn’t possibly hurt a fly, he finds himself hardly able to hold back his instincts whenever he is near the dwarf rabbit girl Haru. Is the big, bad wolf in love or does he think of Haru as being “delectable” in a whole different way …?
- TV-Series, 26 (2011)Kaiji: Against All RulesMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~23minAfter the events at the Starside Hotel, Kaiji Itou finds himself living his miserable lifestyle once again. Captured by the Teiai group to which he owns a lot of money, he is thrown into an underground forced labor camp where he must pay off his debt by doing harsh manual work. Kaiji becomes desperate as it is expected that he lives in this hellhole for the next 15 years.
- Movie, 1 (2010)Colorful: The Motion Pictureascension Inc.DramaNovel~126minUpon reaching the train station to death, a dejected soul is informed that he is 'lucky' and will have another chance at life. He is placed in the body of a 14-year-old boy named Makoto Kobayashi, who has just committed suicide. Watched over by a neutral spirit named Purapura, the soul must figure out what his greatest sin and mistake in his former life was before his time limit in Makoto's body runs out. He also has a number of other lesser duties he must complete, such as understanding what led Makoto to commit suicide in the first place and learning how to enjoy his second chance at life.
- TV-Series, 14 (2003)Rumbling HeartsStudio Fantasia Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24minFour high school friends, named Takayuki Narumi, Mitsuki Hayase, Akane Suzumiya and Shinji Taira must reconsider the meaning of life when one of them, Haruka Suzumiya, is involved in a terrible accident and sent into a coma. The hole left by Haruka's absence is hard to fill, but Haruka's boyfriend and her friend Mitsuki eventually try to move on, embarking on a romance of their own. When three years later Haruka wakes up, everyone tries to pretend that no time has gone by. But no one can deny everything has changed.