- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Banana FishMAPPA Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~23min
- TV-Series, 22 (2016)March Comes in Like a LionSHAFT Inc.DramaManga~25min
- Movie, 3 (2019)Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the SystemProduction I.G., Inc.Crime FictionOriginal Work~63min
- TV-Special, 1 (2015)The Labyrinth of Grisaia: The Cocoon of Caprice 08bitDramaVisual Novel~48minYūji Kazami has saved the hearts of five girls of Mihama Academy, but his own heart is still clouded with darkness. Looking back, Yūji wonders what has shaped him into what he is today, as well as what he has gained and lost along the path.
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Ping Pong The AnimationTatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~23minChildhood friends Makoto "Smile" Tsukimoto (ironically, he seldom smiles) and Yukata "Peco" Hoshino are capable and aspiring table tennis players of Katase High School. Coach Jō "Butterfly" Koizumi has high expectation to both of them, but when Peco gets decisively defeated by a Chinese student he becomes so devastated and stops practicing. Meanwhile, Koizumi discovers Smile's potential and tries to motivate him to overcome his psychological obstacle.
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)Hell Girl: Two MirrorsStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~25minThey call her Jigoku Tsushin - the Hell Girl. For endless years Ai Enma has served as the embodiment of revenge itself. If you desire to send another's soul to eternal torment, contact her via the internet and she'll come from her land of endless sunset to deliver your revenge... at the cost of sending your own soul, of course, but it's a price a surprising number of people are willing to pay. But things are changing with the Hell Girl. Once seemingly implacable and pitiless, glints of emotion now show through the cracks forming in her emotionless facade. And now there is a new girl with infernal connections who seems to be turning up with alarming regularity.
- Movie, 3 (2017)Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Movie TrilogySUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~136min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign – Part 2WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~25minYuichiro has reunited with Mikaela at the Shinjuku Battle, but Mikaela was turned into a vampire. To save the "family," and to protect his fellow members, Yuichiro needed to gain knowledge and power. He searched for ways to bring back vampire to human beings, and at the same time, trained hard working on the Cursed Gear. Meanwhile, Kureto calls Guren and tells him a shocking truth: In one month, the main unit of the vampire will start attacking Tokyo. To get a head start against vampires, Kureto orders Guren to go to Nagoya. The noble extermination mission is about to open fire.
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)ID: InvadedNAZ Inc.Crime FictionOriginal Work~25minIn “ID: Invaded” the Mizuhanome System is a highly developed technology, allowing humans to delve into the sub-conscious of criminals, also called their ID. The specialised police unit Kura was trusted with the task of finding serial killers by examining the complex psyche of humans. There is, however, one important rule for those who wish to enter other people’s ID—they must have killed someone themselves before. This is the case for Detective Akihito Narihisago, after his daughter was brutally murdered two years ago and he sought revenge. With the avatar Sakaido, Akihito supports the police in their investigations, by piecing together the fragmented splinters of memories within IDs into a whole memory. He is tasked with solving the murder of a young girl called Kaeru, but the more invested he becomes in the case, the more Sakaido’s world, and everything he believes in, starts changing.
- TV-Series, 24 (2012)Blast of TempestBONES Inc.AdventureManga~24minYoshino Takigawa and Mahiro Fuwa are two teenagers who start a quest to help a stranded magician at the same time strange phenomenons are occurring throughout Japan. Despite being a young girl, Hakaze Kusaribe is an extremely powerful sorcerer who has been isolated from the rest of the world by the rest of her clan due to her conncetion to a godlike entity called the Tree of Genesis. Her brother plots to awaken the Tree of Exodus during her exile to try to reshape the world without her interference. In exchange for the help of Yoshino and Mahiro, Hakaze will help find the culprit behind the murder of Fuwa's sister.
- Movie, 1 (2007)The Garden of Sinners: Thanatos (Overlooking View)ufotable, Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~50minIn the city where Shiki lives, something triggers a spate of mysterious schoolgirl suicides. The connection between the girls who leapt to their deaths is unclear, although all of them have jumped from the Fujou Building, a skyscraper scheduled to be demolished. Meanwhile, Mikiya, after having gone near the Fujou Building, has fallen into a coma. Shiki heads to the Fujou Building herself to save Mikiya. And waiting for her there…is Kirie Fujou. The girls' suicides and Mikiya's coma were all caused by Kirie. Terminal illness had left her bedridden and immobile in a hospital, but one day, she acquires a spiritual body, a separate entity from herself. The fourth movie in chronological timeline.
- TV-Series, 26 (2009)Phantom: Requiem for the PhantomBee Train Productions Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~24minA young man with no memories fights to salvage his humanity when he's forced into a life of murder by a dangerous crime syndicate called Inferno. The organization gives him a new name, Zwei, and molds him into a perfect killing machine, a meticulous instrument of death created to obey his masters' every deadly command. Zwei's not the only puppet controlled by Inferno; Ein is a girl as beautiful as she is brutal, and as lethal as she is lost. While mafia violence escalates around them, the two assassins grow closer, and Zwei begins the struggle to reclaim his past and save Ein from a blood-soaked future.
- TV-Series, 11 (2010)The Tatami GalaxyMADHOUSE Inc.ComedyNovel~24minWhen a college dropout stops for a late night bite at a mysterious ramen stand, he crosses paths with a self-proclaimed deity of matrimony. This bizarre meeting sends the young man hurtling through a horrifying flashback to his not-so-glorious college days when the influence of a cruel new friend turned him from a hopeless romantic into a mischievous black cupid".
- TV-Series, 11 (2020)Darwin’s GameNexusActionManga~26minThe student Kaname Sudou receives an invitation for the mobile game “Darwin’s Game” from his classmates. When Kaname opens the app, a snake jumps out of his display and bites him in the back of the neck, making him faint. He wakes up in the infirmary and notices that he has no bite wounds on his neck. On his way home, he thinks about what happened and shrugs the surreal experience off as a hallucination. On the train, he is overcome with curiosity and opens the app again. But it appears to be just like any other fighting game, making him take a deep breath and play his first match. His initial relief, however, soon vanishes, as his first opponent in the game suddenly appears before him, chasing him with a knife. As he desperately runs for his life, he puts two and two together and realises that “Darwin’s Game” isn’t a normal game at all, but a brutal fight for survival.
- TV-Series, 26 (1999)Infinite RyviusSUNRISE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minIt is 2225 AD. An act of sabotage has sent a space station plummeting towards a dense plasma phenomena known as the Sea of Geduld. With only hours to spare before the collapse of the entire station, a group of teens training on-board the ship will seek safety aboard the Ryvius, an interstellar spacecraft hidden deep inside the station. With the adult crew and instructors killed, these young astronauts must rely on their training, courage, and, most importantly, each other to prepare for the journey home.
- Movie, 1 (2004)Ghost in the Shell 2: InnocenceProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~99minThe heavily cyborged police officer Batou, newly partnered with the mostly-human Togusa after the diappearance of Major Motoko Kusanagi, is assigned to investigate a series of murders committed by prototype "sexaroids"—female androids created for sex.
- TV-Series, 11 (2017)Inuyashiki Last HeroMAPPA Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~23min58-year-old Inuyashiki simply has no luck in life. His wife and children ignore him and regard him with disrespect, and to make things worse, he is diagnosed with cancer and told that he has little time left to live. However, just when it seems that things couldn’t really get any worse, a dazzling light strikes the earth and hits the old man. When he regains consciousness some time later, everything is different … Inuyashiki feels younger than ever and the cancer seems to be completely defeated. With his new powers, he can now be a hero deserving the respect he never received before.
- TV-Series, 10 (2015)The Eden of Grisaia8bitDramaVisual Novel~24minThe girls of Mihama Academy discover the dark past of Yūji Kazami when the terrorist Heath Oslo reappears with plans to reclaim his protege. Sachi, Amane, Michiru, Makina, and Yumiko must orchestrate a plan to free Yūji, who also finds himself face to face with his long lost sister Kazuki.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Ajin: Demi-Human 2Polygon PicturesThrillerManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)MononokeToei Animation Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesOriginal Work~25min"Mononoke" continues the story of the medicine seller from the "Bakeneko" arc of "Ayakashi," as he continues to face various dangerous spirits.
- OVA, 4 (2013)Ghost in the Shell: AriseProduction I.G., Inc.ActionManga~58minIn the year 2027, a year following the end of the non-nuclear World War IV, a bomb has gone off in Newport City, killing a major arms dealer who may have ties with the mysterious 501 Organization. Public Security official Daisuke Aramaki hires full-body cyber prosthesis user and hacker extraordinaire, Motoko Kusanagi, to investigate. On the case with her are Sleepless Eye Batou, who believes Kusanagi is a criminal, Niihama Prefecture Detective Togusa who is investigating a series of prostitute murders he believes are related to the incident, and Lieutenant Colonel Kurtz of the 501 Organization who also wishes to keep an eye on Kusanagi. Freed of her responsibilities with the 501 Organization, Motoko Kusanagi must now learn how to take orders from Aramaki. When unknown forces hack the Logicomas, Batou enlists the help of former army intelligence officer Ishikawa and former air artillery expert Borma. Kusanagi also seeks to enlist ace sniper Saito and undercover cop Paz into the new Public Security Section 9. The two groups rival each other in a case involving a man who receives false memories of a refugee transport operation.
- TV-Series, 26 (2003)PlanetesSUNRISE Inc.DramaManga~25minThe year is 2075 AD. The dream of working and living in the vast openness of space is now a reality. However, a new threat has arisen and if left unchecked can prove fatal: Space Debris. An undetectable screw struck and disabled a passenger space flight causing disaster and death to the ones on board. A space debris collection agency is formed but it's a money losing venture for the corporations. Follow the men and women of the "Half-Section" and witness the harrowing experience that is involved with such dangers.
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)DorohedoroMAPPA Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~24minHole—a dark, run-down, and disorderly place where the weak become the prey of the strong and death is omnipresent. Hole thoroughly deserves its name, as it is a realm disconnected from justice and ethics and is merely a testing ground to those who govern it. As the race which occupies the highest ranks in society, the magicians view the inhabitants of Hole as nothing but insects. Without thinking, they murder, maim, and experiment on these helpless residents of Hole, who fill the halls of the local hospital every day. The magicians, who have free access and whose authority is rarely questioned, appear unsurmountable to most—except for a few. Kaiman, more reptile than human, is such an individual. Equipped with a few bayonets and magic immunity, he hunts them on a reckless search for answers. Cursed by his appearance and tortured by nightmares, magicians are the only thing to lead his life back on track. His biggest obstacle, however, is his stomach, although his companion Nikaidou, who owns the restaurant Hungry Bug, is an excellent accomplice.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Attack on Titan: Roar of AwakeningWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~120min
- TV-Series, 25 (2014)Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and DragonSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minHumanity has advanced to great heights since it obtained the information technology known as "Mana." With that nearly magical power, problems like war, food shortages, and pollution have been eliminated. This age of peace and freedom, the Empress Angelese of the Misurugi Empire is a privileged girl with no disabilities. She learns, however, that she is a "Norma," a kind of human who cannot use Mana and are outcasts of society. Having lost everything, she is sent to an isolated island. There she meets other Normas who ride in humanoid weapons called Para-mails, protecting the world from dragons invaders from another dimension.
- TV-Series, 12 (2009)Darker than Black: Gemini of the MeteorBONES Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minThe intrigue and danger continues in Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor. Hei - aka the masked killer, BK-201 - encounters Suo, a young Russian girl whose life changed the night a meteor fell to Earth. With Contractors attacking from all sides and the mysterious organization Section 3 closing in, Hei must fight to keep Suo alive.
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)Beastars 2Orange Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~23min
- TV-Series, 13 (2003)Kino’s Journey: The Beautiful WorldACGT Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~24minDestination is a state of mind. Travelers not only find themselves in a variety of locations and geographic phenomena, but they also bare witness to the whims of culture and the skewed effects of subtle circumstance. Kino is such a traveler. Sitting astride Hermes, the ultimate internal combustion companion, Kino searches for life’s answers, life’s questions, and the myriad of interpretations connected to them. A wielder of cutlery, firepower and a piercing tongue, Kino is ready to embark on a journey unlike any other!
- Bonus, 1 (2005)Elfen Lied OVACommonsense Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24minThis episode takes place within episode 11 as Nana attempts to fit in the household while trying to find a chore that she can do and get used to Nyu's presence whom she only knows as Lucy. Running away after getting scolded, Nana ends up in the beach and meets Bantou whom she promised to bring Lucy to later that night. Leaving the household with Nyu, it begins to rain and Nyu slips, hits her head, and is knocked unconscious. As Bantou waits and everyone else worries where they might be, Nana, with an uncoscious Nyu, takes shelter as Lucy's consciousness begins to come out and dreams an old memory of how she was captured and why she doesn't attack Director Kurama. As the rain begins to let up, Kouta and the others find Nana and Lucy and takes them home. There, Nana finally finds the chore that she will be doing - feeding the dog.
- Movie, 1 (2003)Tokyo GodfathersMADHOUSE Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~88minIt's Christmas Eve in Tokyo. Three homeless people - alcoholic Gin, drag queen Hana, and teenage runaway Miyuki - discover an abandoned baby in a pile of garbage. Rather than turn the infant over to the police, the trio decide instead to find the baby's parents themselves. Following the only clue they have, a locker key, the three godfathers embark on a surprising journey of danger, humor and excitement. And in the process, they revisit their own haunted pasts and learn to face their future.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Seraph of the End: Vampire ReignWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minAfter an unknown virus wiped out all adults on earth, vampires appeared and ruled over the surviving children, treating them like livestock. Yuichiro Hyakuya survived along with other orphans by giving their blood to vampires, until Yuichiro escaped four years ago. Now he is a member of the Moon Demon Company, a unit in the Japanese army dedicated to hunting down the vampires he blames for the death of his family. Source: ANN
- Movie, 1 (2015)Ghost in the Shell: The New MovieProduction I.G., Inc.ActionManga~100minSet in a futuristic Japan after the end of a brutal world war, science has advanced by leaps and bounds giving humanity the choice to prolong life and reduce suffering with the use of sophisticated cybernetics. With all of humanity linked into one system of minds and personalities known as ghosts, the biggest threat to civilization is the cyber terrorists capable of hijacking people's bodies and memories. When a ghost-infecting virus known as Fire-Starter begins spreading through the system resulting in the assassination of the Japanese Prime Minister, Major Motoko Kusanagi and her elite team of special operatives are called in to track down its source. As they delve deeper and deeper into their investigation, they uncover traces of government corruption and a shadowy broker that bears an all-too-familiar face.
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Dusk Maiden of AmnesiaSILVER LINK.Ghost StoriesManga~24min60 years ago, a young woman was left to die in the abandoned school building behind the exclusive Seikyou Academy. Perhaps it’s not so surprising then, that among Seikyou’s many school clubs is one for students interested in “paranormal investigations.” Unable to remember how she died and trapped in the grey land between life and death, the ghost girl Yuuko latches onto Teiichi Niiya, a freshman who can inexplicably see her, and together they and the other unsuspecting members of the club begin to unravel the many dark mysteries that surround Seikyou.
- Movie, 2 (2016)Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress (Movies)WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~105min
- TV-Series, 24 (2008)Casshern SinsMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minCasshern, a cybernetic assassin with no memory of his past, awakens in a corrosive wasteland where nothing survives for long. A plague known as the Ruin sweeps across this once-vibrant world, reducing everything in its path to rubble and scattering any chance for salvation. Robots and humans alike - or what little remains of them - seek vengeance against Casshern for the life he took and the role he played in their Ruin. A machine built to kill, Casshern murdered the last hope for this world, but now, lost in a future he does not recognize, he will fight to save the dying.
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)Talentless NanaBridge Inc.DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)KaibaMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minOne day a man, Kaiba, wakes up in a broken room. He has no memories, only a pendant with a picture of an unknown woman. Outside of the room are grotesque floating electrical clouds of disjointed memories. Kaiba is suddenly assaulted, and escapes into space. He travels to various planets, encountering various people and retrieving his memories. Memories of an inconsistent and decaying world, of his own agony and of Niero, the woman in the picture.
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)AnotherP.A. Works Co., Ltd.HorrorLight Novel~25minSpring 1998. After transferring to Yamiyama-Middle School, Kouichi Sakakibara is concerned about the frightened atmosphere looming over his new class, which seems to be a secret none of his classmates is willing to talk about. Attracted by the mysterious aura of the beautiful Misaki Mei - whom only Kouichi seems to be able to notice - he is trying to get to know her which inevitably leads to his deeper involvement in this issue.
- TV-Series, 22 (2011)Guilty CrownProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minShu’s entire world was shattered after a meteorite crashed into Japan, unleashing the lethal Apocalypse Virus. The chaos and anarchy born of the outbreak cost Shu his family and reduced him to a timid, fearful shell of the boy he’d once been. His life took another unexpected turn after a chance encounter with the stunning pop star, Inori. This mysterious beauty introduced Shu to the King’s Right Hand: a genetic mutation that allows him to reach into the hearts of mortals and turn them into weapons. The visceral action of this visual masterpiece escalates as Shu finds himself caught in the crossfire between those who desperately seek his newfound strength. On one site lurks a clandestine government agency – and on the other, Inori and the spirited band of rebels known as Funeral Parlor. The choice is Shu’s to make – and the world is his to change.
- Movie, 1 (1983)Barefoot GenMADHOUSE Inc.DramaManga~83minDrawn from writer Keiji Nakazawa's true life experiences in the aftermath of the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima, Barefoot Gen tells the story of one family's struggle to survive against overwhelming odds. Six-year-old Gen has lived practically his entire life in the shadow of war. Yet he is not prepared for the horrors which follow the bombing of Hiroshima. Contains scenes of extreme violence; reccomended for mature audiences.