- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Chivalry of a Failed KnightNexus, SILVER LINK.#41ActionLight Novel~24minMagic Knights are modern magic-users who fight with weapons converted from their souls. Ikki Kurogane goes to a school for these Magic Knights, but he is the "Failed Knight" or "Worst One" who is failing because he has no magical skills. However, one day, he is challenged to a duel by Stella, a foreign princess and the "Number One" student. In this duel, "the loser must be obedient for life."
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Goblin SlayerWhite Fox#42ActionLight Novel~24minA young priestess has formed her first adventuring party, but almost immediately they find themselves in distress. It’s the Goblin Slayer who comes to their rescue—a man who’s dedicated his life to the extermination of all goblins, by any means necessary. And when rumors of his feats begin to circulate, there’s no telling who might come calling next…
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)GranbelmNexus#43ActionOriginal Work~25minIn the original anime Granbelm we dive into a world in which magic has disappeared almost a millennium ago and has been largely forgotten by humans. Mangetsu Kohinata, a cheerful and bright high school student, lives in this world, but as optimistic as she may be about her everyday life, she can’t deny that there is discomfort deep inside her … Mangetsu has nothing—nothing that distinguishes her, nothing in which she really shines, nothing … She’s neither good at school nor can she boast of athletic achievements and so she’s all the more happy about anything she can actually do herself. On a full moon night—the sky cloudy and the moon blood-red—Mangetsu returns to school to fetch her brother’s lunch box when the world around her is suddenly shaken to its foundations. Suddenly she is no longer in the school building of her modern world, but in a castle complex in the middle of a medieval city, but the spectacle that takes place before her eyes is even more incredible—in front of her two huge robots meet in battle …!
- TV-Series, 25 (2016)Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another WorldWhite Fox#44DramaLight Novel~25minAn autosave option can save your bum or it can be your worst enemy! Subaru Natsuki finds himself wondering about this very dilemma time after time, ever since being suddenly and mysteriously summoned to another world. Being the otaku that he is, he’s waiting for ‒ hoping for, really ‒ his new superpowers to awaken. Turns out, the one superpower that was bestowed upon him is turning back time. “Neat!,” one might think; too bad he has to die for his power to activate . . . and to make matters worse, nobody but him can remember anything from in-between “reaching his last checkpoint” and dying. Being saved by and instantly infatuated with a mysterious and beautiful girl with long silver hair, he wishes for nothing more than to repay her and get closer to her. How do you repay someone who saved you, though, if you’re all but powerless and just about all you can do is die?
- Movie, 1 (2016)Your Name.CoMix Wave Films Inc.#45Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~107minMitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited. What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Lord El-Melloi II’s Case Files: Rail Zeppelin - Grace NoteTROYCA Inc.#46ActionLight Novel~24minLord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note, the anime adaptation of Makoto Sanda’s “Lord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo” light novel, continues the story of Waver Velvet. Ten years have passed since the Fourth Holy Grail War in 1994, and Waver, now officially known as Lord El-Melloi II, now teaches at the world’s most prestigious magical school, the Clock Tower, under the watchful eye of the Mages’ Association. As heir to Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald, he is not only the head of the Institute for Modern Mage Craft Studies, but is also the temporary head of the El-Melloi household until his adoptive sister Reines—the actual heiress—reaches majority. While he finds himself at the mercy of his colleagues’ ridicule and hatred, because of his socially rather questionable position and the choice of his faculty, he is a very popular and highly respected teacher and researcher among his students. The world of magic is teeming with mysteries and secrets, and as strange incidents all related to magic occur in London, it’s Waver’s—nay! Lord El-Melloi II’s—task to take care of these cases! He is supported by the mysterious Gray, whose resemblance to Artoria Pendragon is still troubling him, as well as by his faithful students Svin and Flat. Thus the four solve the various magical puzzles and incidents in London and gradually approach the truth about the secret organisation with which they themselves work …
- Movie, 1 (2019)Weathering With YouCoMix Wave Films Inc.#47?Original Work~114minIn the original anime Tenki no Ko we follow the high school student Hodaka Morishima, who is sick of life on his small home island cut off from the outside world and thus moves from there to Tokyo. No sooner has he arrived in the urban metropolitan jungle housing millions than he has to realize that he is broke … He spends his days in isolation and lives from hand to mouth until one day he finally gets a job as an author for a rather questionable occultism magazine. However, Hodaka doesn’t go about work with real motivation until he meets Hina in the hustle and bustle of the big city. Hina lives alone with her younger brother and even though they don’t have much, they still live a happy life. She knows how to inspire the young Hodaka not only with her cheerful nature, but also with her very special ability: she can influence the weather and on a rainy day she can let the sun shine as if by command … As the relationship between the two young people develops, however, dark clouds emerge over their seemingly carefree lives, for a girl who can influence the weather is also of interest to certain extremely shady organisations …
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)ErasedA-1 Pictures Inc.#48ThrillerManga~23minProtagonist Satoru Fujinuma possesses a supernatural ability which he calls “Revival.” This power causes him to time travel and sends him right back to before the occurance of certain life-threatening events, enabling him to prevent these tragedies. When his life is being turned upside-down after having been discharged from the hospital, Satoru’s ability triggers and he is sent back to when he was an elementary school student—to around the time when his classmate Kayo went missing. Now it is on him to solve the mystery surrounding a series of kidnappings and to protect his childhood friends.
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Darling in the FranxxTrigger Inc., A-1 Pictures Inc.#49Action DramaOriginal Work~24minDreaming … dreaming to someday soar free, knowing full well, that the free sky is forever barred to them. In a distant future, after Earth has been devastated and most civilisation ceased to exist, the remaining humans built a moving fortress city called “Plantation” in order to survive and keep some civilisation intact. The children of the “Plantation” live in a pilot training facility best known as the “bird cage.” Not knowing the outside world or the free sky, they are trained for only one purpose: to fight the mysterious enemy that reduced humanity to this miserable state. Learning to pilot what is known as “Franxx” and being trained to fight an enemy they have never even seen, the children believe that only piloting the “Franxx” can prove their existence. Hiro—code number 016—was once hailed a child prodigy, but when he fell behind and wasn’t able to ride a “Franxx,” his existence had lost all meaning. After all … if you can’t pilot a “Franxx,” you might as well not exist at all. One day, however, a mysterious girl called Zero Two appears before him with two lustrous horns rising from her head. A familiar smile flickering across her lips, as she calls out to him: “I found you, my darling.”
- Movie, 1 (2019)Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Arrow of the OrionJ.C.STAFF#50Action DramaLight Novel~82minIn the anime movie to Danmachi, Gekijouban Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka: Orion no Ya, we once again follow Bell Cranel and his friends on their adventures. Bell, who has become quite popular by now, makes his way to the Dungeon as every day to earn his daily bread. On the way he not only gets an apple from the local fruit merchant, but of course also a delicious bento for the road from the charming waitress Syr. When he is in the dungeon with his carrier Lili and his companion Welf, the three decide to kill a couple more monsters today—after all there is a big party tonight and they want to indulge a little! While Bell strolls from stand to stand together with Hestia, Lili and Welf, the two girls get into their usual fight over “their Bell,” when they hear Hermes’ calls. He announces a competition: a great prize awaits the adventurer who can pull a lance out of a block of ice! Even though many a mighty adventurer fails, this task is easy for our Argonaut, but what awaits him now surprises everyone … The contest was a selection process of the goddess Artemis and Bell is now her chosen champion—her Orion—who must join her in battle to defeat the mysterious threat lurking outside Orario in distant, ancient ruins. Even though he’s an adventurer of the Hestia familia and now also Artemis’ chosen warrior, Bell finds himself thrown into an adventure that will test every one of his abilities and demand much courage—and that will, perhaps, turn him into the hero he always wanted to be …!
- TV-Series, 24 (2009)A Certain Scientific RailgunJ.C.STAFF#51ActionManga~24minMisaka’s electro-manipulation abilities – and delightfully destructive Railgun projectile move – make her a rock start in Academy City. The techno-metropolis is packed with supernaturally powered students known as espers, including Misaka’s flirty friend and roommate, Kuroko. She uses her teleportation skills as a member of the Judgment law enforcement team, fighting crime alongside her fellow agent Uiharu. Joined by their friend Saten, a spunky Level 0 esper, Misaka, Kuroko, and Uiharu have a blast taking on danger whenever and wherever it arises.
- TV-Series, 11 (2019)GivenLerche#52Romantic DramaManga~23minWhen high school student Uenoyama goes to his secret favourite place at school to take a nap without being disturbed, he finds it already occupied by his classmate, the reserved Mafuyu Satou from his parallel class, who in his sleep clings to a guitar with rusty strings. Annoyed by its neglected condition and Mafuyu’s apathetic behaviour, he takes on the instrument, but from that moment on he is constantly pursued by Mafuyu, because he absolutely wants to learn how to play the guitar from him. As much as Uenoyama resists him at the beginning, he gives in at some point and takes him to his band’s rehearsals.
- TV-Series, 148 (2011)Hunter x Hunter (2011)MADHOUSE Inc.#53Fighting-ShounenManga~24minGon Freecss' father abandoned him as a baby in order to become a Hunter, an elite class with a license to go anywhere or do almost anything. Now 12 years old, Gon wishes to follow in his father's footsteps and become a great Hunter. While Gon faces the unexpected challenges the Hunter Examination throws at him, he makes friends with three other candidates: Kurapika, Leorio, and Killua.
- Movie, 1 (2015)The Anthem of the Heart: Beautiful Word Beautiful WorldA-1 Pictures Inc.#54DramaOriginal Work~120minLong ago, the young girl Jun Narase dreamed of one day attending a ball at the glamorous castle on the hill. After once seeing her father driving out of that castle, she returned home to excitedly tell her mother, not realizing she'd just described her father's infidelity. And so her family falls apart, and after her father tells her it was all her fault, she falls into despair until a strange egg tells her she can save herself from further heartbreak, and maybe even find her prince on a hill. All it would take is to forever seal away her dangerous voice. -- Nick Creamer
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Saga of Tanya the EvilNUT#55ActionLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Attack on TitanWIT STUDIO, Inc.#56Action DramaManga~24minSeveral hundred years ago, mankind was nearly wiped out by the titans. The aggressive giants are much taller and – physically – stronger than humans, however less intelligent. Furthermore, it seems that they eat humans just for fun. Only few people survived these attacks because they entrenched themselves behind tremendous walls. The city was safe from titans for about 100 years. Nevertheless, the adolescent Eren Yeager and his foster-sister Mikasa Ackerman have to watch how the city walls are destroyed by an incredibly big titan. As a result, many small titans are able to enter the city and wreak havoc. To make matters worse, Eren has to witness the death of his mother who is eaten by a titan. Henceforth, he is hellbent on vengeance..
- TV-Series, 1000 (1999)One PieceToei Animation Co., Ltd.#57Fighting-ShounenManga~24minAs a child, Monkey D. Luffy dreamed of becoming King of the Pirates. But his life changed when he accidentally ate the Gum-Gum Fruit, an enchanted Devil Fruit that gave him the ability to stretch like rubber. Its only drawback? He'll never be able to swim again--a serious handicap for an aspiring sea dog! Years later, Luffy sets off on his quest to find the "One Piece," said to be the greatest treasure in the world...
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Sword Art Online: AlicizationA-1 Pictures Inc.#58AdventureLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Yuuna and the Haunted Hot SpringsXEBEC#59Romantic ComedyManga~24min
- Web, 1 (2019)Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia - Initium IterCloverWorks#60?Video Game~27minIn Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia - Initium Iter we follow the story of Mash Kyrielight and her travels with her Senpai through Fuyuki, Orleans, Septem, Okeanos, London, E Pluribus Unum, and Camelot before they set out on their final adventure to restore the history of humanity: Babylonia. Thus, we accompany Mash from her beginnings as a 10-year-old, who was merged with an unknown Servant in a cruel experiment led by the former director of Chaldea, to her first meeting with her personal physician Romani Archaman all the way to her adolescence. As she interacts with Chaldea’s staff, the Rayshift candidates, and most importantly Romani, she gradually becomes the young woman who ultimately tries to save the world together with a young and insignificant magician … Some time has passed since her meeting with this young magician, and as Mash prepares for their final mission to ancient Mesopotamia, she reminisces on her adventures thus far and recalls her fond memories of all the Servants and great personages she has had the honour of meeting on her travels …
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)OverlordMADHOUSE Inc.#61ActionLight Novel~24minIn the year 2138, virtual reality gaming is booming. Yggdrasil, a popular online game is quietly shut down one day. However, one player named Momonga decides to not log out. Momonga is then transformed into the image of a skeleton as "the most powerful wizard." The world continues to change, with non-player characters (NPCs) beginning to feel emotion. Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary young man Momonga then strives to take over the new world the game has become.
- Web, 12 (2019)7 SeedsGonzo K.K.#62DramaManga~24minIn 7 Seeds, the anime adaptation to Yumi Tamura’s manga of the same name, we find ourselves in a destroyed world where human civilization no longer exists. A huge meteor collided with the earth and extinguished all life—no organism survived the impact or its consequences. Scientists who could foresee the calamitous event, but could not prevent it, nevertheless devised a plan to ensure the survival of mankind: “Project 7 Seeds.” Five groups, each consisting of seven extremely talented young men and women, were carefully selected and divided into their respective teams—Spring, Summer A, Summer B, Autumn and Winter. These groups were then put into cryogenic sleep, from which they were to wake up only when the Earth’s climate would allow human life to resume. One of the “lucky chosen ones” is Natsu Iwashimizu. She finds herself together with three strangers in the middle of an ocean and while their sleeping capsules are doomed, the four can escape to a lifeboat and paddle to the nearest island. But instead of finding other people there, they just find more questions … None of them can remember how they landed on the sea, nobody knows what is going on here and there doesn’t seem to be any contact with the outside world. But before they can deal with the “What has happened?” they have to dedicate themselves to the “What do we do now and how do we survive the day?”
- TV-Series, 25 (2019)Fruits BasketTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.#63Romantic ComedyManga~24minAfter having gone through family tragedy, the world of the 16-year-old high-school student Tooru Honda is turned upside down. She packs her things and moves out … into a tent! Unfortunately, she manages to set up her tent on the private property of the mysterious Souma Clan and it doesn’t take the owner very long until he learns her secret. The Souma Clan, however, has its very own secret as Tooru is soon to find out. When members of the Clan are embraced by a person of the opposite sex, they transform into animals from the Chinese zodiac signs!
- TV-Series, 22 (2014)Your Lie in AprilA-1 Pictures Inc.#64Sentimental DramaManga~23minKōsei Arima was a piano prodigy until his mother died when he was eleven years old. The shock of losing her made him lose any interest in piano, and his life has felt monotonous ever since. Then, when he's fourteen, his childhood friend Tsubaki introduces him to her classmate Kaori, a free-spirited violinist. Her enthusiasm reignites his interest in music and in life.
- TV-Series, 366 (2004)BleachPierrot Co., Ltd.#65Fighting-ShounenManga~24minFor as long as he can remember, Ichigo Kurosaki has been able to see ghosts. But when he meets Rukia, a Soul Reaper from the Soul Society who battles evil spirits known as Hollows, he finds his life is changed forever. Now, with a newfound wealth of spiritual energy, Ichigo discovers his true calling: to protect the living and the dead from evil. And when he vows to defend Rukia from the ruthless justice of the Soul Society, he and his friends must cross over and do battle in the spirit world...
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Wasteful Days of High School GirlsPassione Co., Ltd.#66ComedyManga~24minIn the anime adaptation Joshikousei no Mudazukai, which is based on Bino’s manga of the same name, we follow a trio of high school girls who have just reached the “climax of their youth.” Nozomu Tanaka decides one day, out of sheer boredom, to distribute nicknames among her friends. These names should be based on the respective quirks of the person and so her friend Akane became “Ota” (short for “otaku”) because of her “nerdy interests” and Shiori was to be called “Robo” because of her rather expressionless personality. Of course, the two don’t want to sit on that for long and out of revenge Nozomu quickly gets a suitable nickname herself: “Baka.” So the three high school girls spend their everyday life doing a lot of stupid things.
- TV-Series, 64 (2009)Fullmetal Alchemist: BrotherhoodBONES Inc.#67AdventureManga~25minEdward and Alphonse Elric’s reckless disregard for alchemy’s fundamental laws ripped half of Ed’s limbs from his body and left Al’s soul clinging to a cold suit of armor. To restore what was lost, the brothers scour a war-torn land for the Philosopher’s Stone, a fabled relic which grants the ability to perform alchemy in impossible ways. The Elrics are not alone in their search; the corrupt State Military is eager to harness the artifact’s power. So too are the strange Homunculi and their shadowy creator. The mythical gem lures exotic alchemists from distant kingdoms, scarring some deeply enough to inspire murder. As the Elrics find their course altered by these enemies and allies, their purpose remains unchanged – and their bond unbreakable.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)My Hero AcademiaBONES Inc.#68Action ComedyManga~24minMankind has developed superpowers known as "Quirks" with 80% of the population having some kind of superpower. These new abilities see the rise of both superheroes and villains. A prestigious school known as the The Hero Academy trains superpowered hopefuls into the heroes the world needs. Middle school student Izuku Midoriya wants to be a hero more than anything, but he's part the 20% without a Quirk. Unwilling to give up his dream, he plans to take the exam and be accepted into a high school for budding heroes. Through a series of serendipitous events, he catches the eye of the greatest hero, All Might, who agrees to train him. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Bungo Stray DogsBONES Inc.#69Action ComedyManga~24minAfter young man Atsushi Nakajima saves a man from his wish of suicide, he and his friends join the "Arms Detective Company," a league of literary figures that also harness special powers. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Death March to the Parallel World RhapsodySILVER LINK., CONNECT#70AdventureLight Novel~24min
- Movie, 1 (2016)A Silent VoiceKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.#71Sentimental DramaManga~129minA deaf elementary school girl, Shoko Nishimiya, upon transferring, meets a boy named Shoya Ishida in her new class. Shoya, who is not deaf, leads the class in bullying Shoko, because she is deaf. As the bullying continues, the class starts to bully Shoya for bullying Shoko. After graduating from elementary school, Shoko and Shoya do not speak to each other… until later, when Shoya, tormented over his past, decides he must see Shoko once more. Shoya wants to make amends for what he did in elementary school and be Shoko's friend. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Made in AbyssKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.#72AdventureManga~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)Sword Art OnlineA-1 Pictures Inc.#73Action DramaLight Novel~24minEscape was impossible until it was cleared; a game over would mean an actual «death». Without knowing the «truth» of the mysterious next generation MMO, «Sword Art Online» (SAO), approximately ten thousand users logged in together, opening the curtains to this cruel death battle. Participating alone in SAO, protagonist Kirito had promptly accepted the «truth» of this MMO. And in the game world, a gigantic floating castle named «Aincrad», he distinguished himself as a solo player. Aiming to clear the game by reaching the highest floor, Kirito riskily continued alone. Because of a pushy invitation from a female warrior and rapier expert, Asuna, he teamed up with her. That encounter brought about an opportunity to call out to the fated Kirito.
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Violet EvergardenKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.#74DramaLight Novel~24minViolet Evergarden tells the story of Violet who heard words on the battlefield that she cannot forget. These words, the meaning of which she doesn’t yet know, came from someone she loved very much. Some time passed on the continent of Telesis and the great war that divided it into a northern and a southern half ended, while its people welcomed a new era. Now, after the wounds of young Violet, who was formerly called a “weapon”, have healed, she begins a new life at the CH Postal Service. There she encounters the profession of an “Auto Memories Doll” and feels the desire to become one herself. She hopes that this work will one day enable her to understand the words she once heard.
- Movie, 3 (2016)KizumonogatariSHAFT Inc.#75Ghost StoriesLight Novel~72min
- TV-Series, 15 (2009)BakemonogatariSHAFT Inc.#76Ghost StoriesLight Novel~24minBakemonogatari is about the high school student Koyomi Araragi who is bitten by a vampire during the annual Japanese Golden Week. Since then, he sees strange and supernatural beings like ghosts and demons. Another paranormal event occurs when he saves his classmate Hitagi Senjougahara after she fell down the stairs: Hitagi's weight is extraordinarily little. Therefore, he decides to solve Hitagi's secret and find a solution for his own problem as well. Every story arc deals with Koyomi and the mysterious young girl Hitagi; Koyomi slowly starts to believe that Hitagi might be a central point and of enormous importance to solve the strange happenings.
- TV-Series, 26 (2019)Yu-No: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This Worldfeel.#77DramaVisual Novel~24minTakuya Arima is a young student whose father, a historian who has done work on various projects in the past, has recently disappeared. During his summer holidays Takuya receives a strange package together with a letter from his father who should be missing. The letter contains information about the existence of different parallel worlds. At first Takuya shrugs it off and doesn’t take the whole thing seriously, but he soon realises that the strange stone tablet that was in the package is actually a device that allows him to travel into alternative dimensions and different time lines! Is his father still alive in the end? If so, where is he?
- TV-Series, 39 (2018)JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden WindDavid Production Inc.#78Fighting-ShounenManga~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)The Seven Deadly SinsA-1 Pictures Inc.#79Action DramaManga~24minIn a world where humans and non-humans have not yet been separated, the kingdom of Leones is protected by the Holy Knights, powerful magic users both revered and feared by the people. Supposedly the strongest, most fearsome of these knights, the Seven Deadly Sins, betrayed the kingdom and made enemies of all the other knights. Queen Elizabeth doesn't believe this story, and sets out to find the Sins - but when she meets the first Sin at a tavern, his name is Melodias, and he's nothing but a boy in charge of the pigs.
- TV-Series, 24 (2012)The Pet Girl of SakurasouJ.C.STAFF#80Romantic ComedyLight Novel~24minSakurasou – the dormitory for the "troublemakers". This is where Kanda Sorata lives. One day the young Shiina Mahshiro moves in. He immediately feels attracted to her and charges himself with the duty to protect her from the "real" problem students. But Shiina isn't like any other girl, while being extremely talented and gifted, she is an utter mess and in no state to live by herself. This leads to a very reluctant relationship...