- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 25/200 (1996)GTO: Great Teacher OnizukaKodansha Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkMeet Eikichi Onizuka, a 22-year old college karate champ and ex-biker. He's crude, foul-mouthed, and has a hair-trigger temper. Just the sort of guy you'd expect to see going back to school ... to become a teacher!
- Manga, 14/104 (2003)Yotsuba&!Media WorksComedyOriginal WorkFrom the nutty mind of Kyohiko Azuma, creator of the hit manga Azumanga Daioh comes the story of the new kid in town - little Yotsuba, a green-haired and wide-eyed girl who doesn't have a clue... about anything! With no knowledge of the world around her, and an unnatural fear of air conditioners, Yotsuba has her new neighbors' heads spinning. Join the hilarious exploits of an out-of-this-world schoolgirl as her befuddled friends attempt to uncover the secrets behind this strange child in Yotsubato!
- Manga, 8/40 (2004)Welcome to the N.H.K.Kadokawa ShotenDramaLight NovelTwenty-something-year-old Satou, a college dropout and aficionado of anime porn, knows a little secret--or at least he thinks he does! Believe it or not, he has stumbled upon an incredible conspiracy created by the Japanese Broadcasting Company N.H.K. But despite fighting the good fight, Satou has become an unemployed Hikikomori--a shut in who has withdrawn from the world...One day, he meets Misaki, a mysterious young girl who invites him to join her special "project." Slowly Satou comes out of his reclusive shell, and his hilarious journey begins, filled with mistaken identity, panty shots, Lolita complexes--and an ultimate quest to create the greatest hentai game ever!
- Light Novel, 11/50 (2003)The Melancholy of Haruhi SuzumiyaKadokawa ShotenComedyOriginal WorkHaruhi holds the fate of the universe in her hands . . . lucky for you she doesn't know it! Meet Haruhi - a cute, determined girl, starting high school in a city where nothing exciting happens and absolutely no one understands her. Meet Kyon - the sarcastic guy who sits behind Haruhi in homeroom and the only boy Haruhi has ever opened up to. His fate is now tied to hers. Meet the S.O.S. Brigade - an after-school club organized by Haruhi with a mission to seek out the extraordinary. Oh, and their second mission? Keeping Haruhi happy . . . because even though she doesn't know it, Haruhi has the power to destroy the universe. Seriously.
- Manga, 15/84 (1992)Angel DensetsuShuueisha Inc.ComedyOriginal WorkKitano Seichiro - a boy with a face of a demon, but the heart of an angel. The story begins with him attending a new school, where nobody knows him... Because of his appearance, teachers and fellow classmen think he is the worst delinquent, "violence incarnate". They try to correct him, expel him or beat him up. Lots of accidents doesn't help to fix the situation either, and he gains the guardian position at his school. But because of his ultra-goodie attitude, some of those that attack him become his friends...All the misunderstandings make the story extremly funny.
- Manga, 9/70 (2009)GTO: 14 Days in ShonanKodansha Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkAfter guiding the infamous Tokyo Kissho Academy through a crash-course of his unique brand of life-lessons, a battered and bruised Eikichi Onizuka takes a well-deserved trip to his hometown of sorts, a typically quiet surfers paradise called Shonan. Unfortunately, with child neglect and abuse becoming a global phenomenon the self-proclaimed GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) quickly finds himself back in the saddle for what he hopes is a painless two-week long field trip with some teens in need. And while Onizuka's curriculum may not rely on the reading, writing and arithmetic that is common in most classrooms, he has more than a few good lessons in personal development, fisticuffs and fun to teach a new generation of trouble teens.
- Manga, 18/87 (2002)Ouran High School Host ClubHakusensha, Inc.ComedyOriginal WorkOne day, Haruhi, a scholarship student at exclusive Ouran High School, breaks an $80,000 vase that belongs to the "Host Club," a mysterious campus group consisting of six super-rich (and gorgeous) guys. To pay back the damages, she is forced to work for the club, and it's there that she discovers just how wealthy the boys are and how different they are from everybody else.
- Manga, 4/39 (1999)Azumanga DaiohMedia WorksComedyOriginal WorkThe classic returns! This four-panel comedy chronicles the everyday lives of six very quirky high school girls. Meet the child prodigy Chiyo, the animal-loving Sakaki, the spacey out-of-towner Osaka, the straight-laced Yomi and her best friend Tomo, and the sports-loving Kagura throughout their high school lives. As the first four-panel comic to gain popularity in the U.S., Yen Press is proud to present the complete fan-favorite in a single volume, complete with all the original color pages and an updated translation so new and old readers can enjoy the best, most authentic Azumanga available!
- Manga, 28/243 (2012)Yamada and the Seven WitchesKodansha Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkOne day, high-school boy Yamada bumps into the beautiful girl Shiraishi on the stairs (literally), and their lips touch as they fall. When they regain their wits, they realize that they have swapped bodies. As time progresses, the two realize that this is not the only mysterious happening in the school.
- Manhua, ? (2014)19 TianSina WeiboComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 22/283 (2003)School RumbleKodansha Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkShe . . . is a second-year high school student with a single all-consuming question: Will the boy she likes ever really notice her? He . . . is the school’s most notorious juvenile delinquent and he’s suddenly come to a shocking realization: He’s got a huge crush, and now he must tell her how he feels. Life-changing obsessions, colossal foul-ups, grand schemes, deep-seated anxieties, and raging hormones–School Rumble portrays high school as it really is: over-the-top comedy!
- Manga, 4/13 (2007)K-On!Houbunsha Co. Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkWhen their high school’s pop-music club is about to be disbanded due to lack of interest, four girls step up to fill the membership quota. Unfortunately, lead guitarist Yui Hirasawa has never played an instrument in her life. Ever. And although she likes the idea of being in a band, standing in front of the mirror posing with her guitar is a lot easier than actually playing it. It’s gonna be a while before this motley crew is rocking out, but with their spunk and determination cranked to 11, anything is possible!
- Manga, 10/113 (2005)Detroit Metal CityHakusensha, Inc.ComedyOriginal WorkBy all appearances, Souichi Negishi is a sweet, well-mannered boy who likes Swedish pop music, trendy boutiques, and all things fashionable. But at the same time he's also Krauser II, front man for Detroit Metal City, an indie death metal band whose popularity increases by the day. Once the DMC makeup goes on and Souichi takes the stage, his natural talent as a death metal god can't help but flourish. Is this the band he's truly destined to be in?
- Manga, 9/55 (2002)Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual CultureKodansha Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkIt’s the spring of freshman year, and Kanji Sasahara is in a quandary. Should he fulfill his long-cherished dream of joining an otaku club? Saki Kasukabe also faces a dilemma. Can she ever turn her boyfriend, anime fanboy Kousaka, into a normal guy? Kanji triumphs where Saki fails, when both Kanji and Kousaka sign up for Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture. Undeterred, Saki chases Kousaka through the various activities of the club, from costume-playing and comic conventions to video gaming and collecting anime figures–learning more than she ever wanted to about the humorous world of the Japanese fan . . .
- Manga, 1/14 (2011)K-On! CollegeHoubunsha Co. Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 13/39 (2017)Oniichan wa Oshimai!Ichijinsha Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 38/366 (1988)Kyou kara Ore wa!!Shougakukan Inc.ComedyOriginal WorkTakashi's family moved into a new neighborhood, so Takashi decided to use this opportunity to reinvent himself from a goody-goody into a punk. He heads to the barber where he runs into another high school age kid with a very normal haircut. Takashi asks for a bleached perm so that he can stand out in school. As he's leaving he discovers the other highschool kid, Itou, got his hair spiked (and will also stand out). Turns out both of them transferred into the same school and had the same idea; to reinvent themselves into delinquents. Needless to say they become friends and delinquents together.
- Manga, 12/108 (2011)Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kunSquare Enix Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkWhen schoolgirl Sakura Chiyo confesses to classmate Nozaki that she has a crush on him, he gets convinced that she is a fan. Now Chiyo must try to convince Nozaki of her true feelings.
- Light Novel, 1/11 (2002)Welcome to the N.H.K.Kadokawa ShotenDramaOriginal WorkSatou is a 22-year-old college dropout who has become a hikikomoro, a paranoid recluse. That is, until he meets Misaki, a mysterious young girl who invites him to join her special "project." Satou slowly comes out of his reclusive shell and his hilarious journey begins, filled with mistaken identity, Lolita complexes, and an over-protective mother!
- Manga, 1/14 (2011)K-On! High SchoolHoubunsha Co. Ltd.Comedy
- Manga, 10/53 (1994)Kodocha: Sana’s StageShuueisha Inc.ComedyOriginal WorkSana Kurata, a child actress, faces many problems in her classroom, including a major one - her bullying classmate, Akito Hayama. Sana's outgoing and friendly nature leads her to work towards correcting all of the problems around her. Her 'meddling' irritates Hayama but at the same time captivates him, just as Hayama's gloomy nature irritates Sana and compels her to change him. As these two opposites attract each other, they face many hardships which bring them closer to a mutual understanding.
- Manga, 29/168 (2007)Oresama TeacherHakusensha, Inc.ComedyOriginal WorkMafuyu is the ideal yanki chick - no-nonsense, take-charge, and hard-hitting. But when she gets expelled for being a delinquent, her mother, fed up with her daughter's wayward ways, sends Mafuyu to an isolated school far off in the country. Mafuyu, determined to make the best of the situation and make her mother proud, decides to turn over a new, feminine, well-behaved leaf. But her yanki soul can't be kept down, and the night before school starts she finds herself defending some guy who's getting beaten up. One slip wouldn't have been a problem, except the guy is... her teacher?! How can Mafuyu learn to be a girly girl if her teacher won't let her forget her yanki past?
- Manga, 5/56 (2018)The Way of the HousehusbandShinchousha Publishing Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 12/218 (2004)Chi’s Sweet HomeKodansha Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkChi is a michievous newborn kitten who, while on a leisurely stroll with her family, finds herself lost. Seperated from the warmth and protection of her mother, feels distraught. Overcome with loneliness she breaks into tears in a large urban park meadow, when she is suddenly rescued by a young boy named Youhei and his mother. The kitty is then quickly and quietly whisked away into the warm and inviting Yamada family apartment...where pets are strictly not permitted.
- Manga, 13/70 (2014)Toilet-Bound Hanako-kunSquare Enix Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 6/- (2015)Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.Holp Shuppan Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work
- Manga, 18/134 (2009)BarakamonSquare Enix Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkBlurb For a certain reason, a handsome, young calligrapher by the name of Seishuu Handa uproots himself and moves to an island on the westernmost edge of Japan. “Sensei,” as he comes to be known, is a city boy through and through, and has never experienced rural life until now. And by the looks of it, he has much to learn! Luckily, he has a willing teacher in Naru, the energetic expert islander, to help show him the ropes. But can Sensei keep up with the plucky first-grader, or will he get schooled?! Here unfolds a heartfelt island comedy about a gruff on the outside, soft on the inside urbanite teacher and his new, unfailingly kind island neighbors!
- Manga, 16/68 (2012)Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster GirlsTokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkThree years ago, the world learned that harpies, centaurs, catgirls, and all manners of fabulous creatures are not merely fiction; they are flesh and blood - not to mention scale, feather, horn, and fang. Thanks to the "Cultural Exchange Between Species Act," these once-mythical creatures have assimilated into society, or at least, they're trying. When a hapless human teenager named Kurusu Kimihito is inducted as a "volunteer" into the government exchange program, his world is turned upside down. A snake-like lamia named Miia comes to live with him, and it is Kurusu's job to take care of her and make sure she integrates into his everyday life.
- Manga, 20/105 (2006)The Melancholy of Haruhi SuzumiyaKadokawa ShotenComedyLight NovelWelcome Japan’s hottest property and the international phenomenon known as Haruhism! Kyon is your ordinary high school freshman who has long given up on his childhood dreams of encountering the fantastic and supernatural…or so he thought. From the very first day of school, his classmate — the beautiful but eccentric Haruhi Suzumiya — makes it very clear that her only desire is to meet aliens, time travelers, and psychics! A chance conversation between the two inspires Haruhi to form the SOS Brigade, a school club created for the sole purpose of getting these supernatural beings together. The initial members consist of the mute bookworm Yuki Nagato, the timid but voluptuous Mikuru Asahina, and the polite and ever-smiling Itsuki Koizumi. But it isn’t long before Kyon realizes that Haruhi’s “helpless victims” are actually members of secret organizations — both futuristic and alien — keeping watch over Haruhi, as she is the pinnacle of some major calamity on the horizon…
- Manga, 13/70 (2012)Kagerou DazeMedia FactoryComedyOtherShintaro Kisaragi, an 18-year old hikikomori and nerd, has not left his room for two years. His life has been harmonic and peaceful until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared on his computer screen when he opened the attachment of an e-mail received one year ago. During a "lover's quarrel" the two mess up Shintaro’s PC and now he is forced to go outside to go buy a new one. In the department store he unexpectedly gets into a hostage-taking, but together with Ene’s abilities, he defeats the kidnappers and saves the hostages. Everything gets real strange when he meets a group of teenagers calling themselves Mekekushi Dan (lit. "Blindfold Gang"), whose members all have a mysterious eye-power. What does this mean and why is he involved in all this? The story is based on the new popular series of songs by Jin (Shizennoteki-p) titled "Kagerou Project (Heat-Haze Days)", which became popular after the release of the song "Kagerou Daze", which also gave the series its name.
- Manga, 23/219 (2006)Yankee-kun to Megane-chanKodansha Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkShinagawa Daichi is a high school delinquent who just wants to be left alone. However class rep Adachi Hana will stop at nothing to get him to go on the upcoming Social Studies field trip. What are her true motives behind getting a yankee like Shinagawa to go on such a thing.
- Manga, 17/59 (2011)The Devil is a Part-Timer!ASCII Media WorksComedyLight NovelBlurb Being soundly thrashed by the hero Emilia, the Devil King and his general beat a hasty retreat to a parallel universe ... only to land smack in the middle of bustling, modern-day Tokyo! Lacking the magic necessary to return home, the two are forced to assume human identities and live average human lives until they can find a better solution. And to make ends meet, Satan finds gainful employment at a nearby fast food joint! With his devilish mind set on working his way up the management food chain, what will become of his thirst for conquest?!
- Manga, 2/7 (1999)The Day of RevolutionShinshokan Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkMeet Megumi! She's petite, adorable, and a total eye-catcher. In fact, she reminds almost everyone at school of the very elite (and very missing) boy student Kei Yoshikawa. Whispers and wild rumors begin to run riot from the hallways to the exclusive school rooftop...and the most powerful clique on campus has their sights set on sweet Megumi, too. Can her good friend Makoto shield her from a showdown and help her "skirt" the issue? Are some secrets just too big to keep?
- Manga, 8/51 (2014)Interviews with Monster GirlsKodansha Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkTetsuo Takahashi is a teacher working at Shibasaki High School and specializing in the physiological studies of demi-humans. His students include Akira Takanashi, a vampire and lover of tomato juice; Kyōko Machi, a dullahan; and Yuki Kusakabe, a yuki-onna. The school also employs math teacher Sakie Satō, a succubus.
- Manga, 6/35 (2003)Absolute BoyfriendShougakukan Inc.ComedyOriginal WorkRejected way too many times by good-looking (and unattainable) guys, shy Riiko Izawa goes online and signs up for a free trial of a mysterious Nightly Lover "figure." The very next day, a cute naked guy is delivered to her door, and he wants to be her boyfriend! Has Riiko died and gone to heaven? The cute guy turns out to be sweet, smart, a great cook, and lots more. And he looks like a million bucks, which is what he's going to cost Riiko if she doesn't return him in time...
- Manga, 10/49 (2012)Romantica ClockShuueisha Inc.ComedyOriginal Work14-year-old Akane is energetic and popular while her twin brother Aoi is aloof and intelligent. Despite being siblings, Akane finds herself unable to get over her jealousy of Aoi and build a relationship with him.
- Manga, 10/243 (2004)Lucky StarKadokawa ShotenComedyOriginal WorkWhen eating a chocolate cornet which end do you begin with, the top or the bottom? Which side is the top and which is the bottom? For that matter, what is a chocolate cornet? The proper way to eat pastries is only one of the many everyday occurrences explored by the girls of Ms. Kuroi's class. Meet Konata, an athletic and intelligent girl too dedicated to her favorite primetime anime to excel in anything but otaku culture; Miyuki, the cute, bespectacled living example of moe with an encyclopedic knowledge of all subjects; Kagami, the bitter-sweet, tough but shy straight-man to Konata's constant teasing and pranks; and her younger fraternal twin sister, Tsukasa, a kind but air-headed klutz. Witness this study in the human condition as our heroines explore the unexplored in questioning the ordinary!
- Manga, 8/61 (2006)Franken FranAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal WorkFran is a girl created by the world's top biologist. She takes care of her creator's mansion while he is away on research. Her life is pretty uneventful, until many different medical cases come to her. Usually, each story ends up with Fran having created some sort of gruesome monstrosity from her patients, while in the end, she is only answering their requests - sometimes literally.
- Manga, 5/30 (2017)My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!Ichijinsha Ltd.ComedyLight Novel
- Manga, 8/- (2014)Nanairo KakumeiShuueisha Inc.ComedyOriginal WorkYuyu and Nana have been best friends since elementary school. Nana, though, is a pushover and will give in to Yuyu's requests like dressing alike and styling their hair the same way even if she really doesn't want to. One day, Nana decides she wants to be herself and isn't going give in to Yuyu's requests anymore.