- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 23+/183+ (2012)One-Punch ManShuueisha Inc.Action ComedyOriginal WorkBlurb: Nothing about Saitama passes the eyeball test when it comes to superheroes, from his lifeless expression to his bald head to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking guy has a not-so-average problem—he just can’t seem to find an opponent strong enough to take on! Every time a promising villain appears, he beats the snot out of ’em with one punch! Can Saitama finally find an opponent who can go toe-to-toe with him and give his life some meaning? Or is he doomed to a life of superpowered boredom?
- Manga, 12/107 (2002)Elfen LiedShuueisha Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal WorkThe Diclonius, a mutated homo sapien that is said to be selected by God and will eventually become the destruction of mankind, possesses two horns in their heads, and has a "sixth sense" which gives it telekinetic abilities. Due to this dangerous power, they have been captured and isolated in laboratories by the government. Lucy, a young and psychotic Diclonius, manages to break free of her confines and brutally murder most of the guards in the laboratory, only to get shot in the head as she makes her escape. She survives and manages to drift along to a beach, where two teenagers named Kouta and Yuka discovers her. Having lost her memories, she was named after the only thing that she can now say, "Nyuu," and the two allow her to stay at Kouta's home. However, it appears that the evil "Lucy" is not dead just yet...
- Manga, 77/704 (2003)Gin TamaShuueisha Inc.Nonsense-ComedyOriginal WorkThe samurai didn't stand a chance. First, the aliens invaded Japan. Next, they took all the jobs. And then they confiscated everyone's swords. So what does a hotheaded former samurai like Gintoki "Gin" Sakata do to make ends meet? Take any odd job that comes his way, even if it means losing his dignity.
- Manga, 8/65 (2003)PlutoShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkIn an ideal world where man and robots coexist, someone or something has destroyed the powerful Swiss robot Mont Blanc. Elsewhere a key figure in a robot rights group is murdered. The two incidents appear to be unrelated...except for one very conspicuous clue - the bodies of both victims have been fashioned into some sort of bizarre collage complete with makeshift horns placed by the victims' heads. Interpol assigns robot detective Gesicht to this most strange and complex case - and he eventually discovers that he too, as one of the seven great robots of the world, is one of the targets.
- Manga, 42/519 (1984)Dragon BallShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkMeet a naive young monkey-tailed boy named Goku, whose quiet life changes when he meets Bulma, a girl who is on a quest to collect seven "Dragon Balls." If she gathers them all, an incredibly powerful dragon will appear and grant her one wish. But the precious orbs are scattered all over the world, and Bulma needs Goku's help (and his super-strength)! With a magic staff for a weapon and a flying cloud for a ride, Goku sets out on the adventure of a lifetime...
- Manga, 9/53 (1990)Battle Angel AlitaShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkThis sophisticated, complex science fiction tale by master writer and artist Yukito Kishiro is full of action, black humor, and bizarre philosophical, historical, and cultural references. The heroine, Alita, is a powerful cyborg with a soft heart and a mysterious past. Her second lease on life isn't easy: her heart is broken, she gains and loses friends to the cruel world of the Scrapyard far below the Utopian city of Tiphares, and she serves many masters in her quest to protect the innocent and create a new life for herself. A cross between Star Trek and Blade Runner, this series constantly challenges the reader's definition of what it means to be human.
- Manga, 22/249 (1999)20th Century BoysShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkHumanity, having faced extinction at the end of the 20th century, would not have entered the new millennium if it weren't for them. In 1969, during their youth, they created a symbol. In 1997, as the coming disaster slowly starts to unfold, that symbol returns. This is the story of a group of boys who try to save the world.
- Manga, 30+/309+ (2014)My Hero AcademiaShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkBlurb: What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks” at age four? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what would you do if you were one of the 20 percent who were born Quirkless? Middle school student Izuku Midoriya wants to be a hero more than anything, but he hasn’t got an ounce of power in him. With no chance of ever getting into the prestigious U.A. High School for budding heroes, his life is looking more and more like a dead end. Then an encounter with All Might, the greatest hero of them all, gives him a chance to change his destiny…
- Light Novel, 11+/50+ (2003)The Melancholy of Haruhi SuzumiyaKadokawa ShotenComedyOriginal WorkHaruhi holds the fate of the universe in her hands . . . lucky for you she doesn't know it! Meet Haruhi - a cute, determined girl, starting high school in a city where nothing exciting happens and absolutely no one understands her. Meet Kyon - the sarcastic guy who sits behind Haruhi in homeroom and the only boy Haruhi has ever opened up to. His fate is now tied to hers. Meet the S.O.S. Brigade - an after-school club organized by Haruhi with a mission to seek out the extraordinary. Oh, and their second mission? Keeping Haruhi happy . . . because even though she doesn't know it, Haruhi has the power to destroy the universe. Seriously.
- Manga, 19/90 (2005)Full Metal Panic! SigmaKadokawa ShotenAction DramaLight NovelAfter discovering who betrayed Mithril and caused the seajacking occurance , Mao and kurz are assigned a top secret mission in order to seize and transport the traitor back.
- Manga, 14/96 (1994)Neon Genesis EvangelionKadokawa ShotenAction DramaAnimeIn 2015, the "Angels" have returned, and Shinji Ikari, a fourteen year-old child of the new Earth, is forced by his father Gendo--commander of the secret organization NERV--to pilot the monstrous biomechanical weapon called "Evangelion" to match the Angels' fearsome power...
- Manga, 37/383 (2000)GantzShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkThe last thing Kei and Masaru remember was being struck dead by a subway train while saving the life of a drunken bum. What a waste! And yet somehow they're still . . . alive? Or semi-alive? Maybe it's reanimated . . . by some kind of alien orb with a nasty message . . . "Your lives are over. What you do with your new lives is up to me!" And what this orb called "Gantz" intends to do with their lives is make them play games of death, hunting all kinds of odd aliens, along with a bunch of other ordinary citizens who've recently met a tragic semi-end. The missions they embark upon are often dangerous. Many die-and die again.
- Light Novel, 25+/? (2009)Sword Art OnlineASCII Media WorksAction DramaOriginal WorkBlurb In the year 2022, gamers rejoice as Sword Art Online - a VRMMORPG (Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) like no other - debuts, allowing players to take full advantage of the ultimate in gaming technology: NerveGear, a system that allows users to completely immerse themselves in a wholly realistic gaming experience. But when the game goes live, the elation of the players quickly turns to horror as they discover that, for all its amazing features, SAO is missing one of the most basic functions of any MMORPG - a log-out button. Now trapped in the virtual world of Aincrad, their bodies held captive by NerveGear in the real world, users are issued a chilling ultimatum: conquer all one hundred floors of Aincrad to regain your freedom. But in the warped world of SAO, “game over” means certain death - both virtual and real ...
- Manga, 18/126 (1997)Eden: It's an Endless World!Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkIn the tradition of cyberpunk classic "Akira" comes "Eden", a story about a boy's survival in a post-apocalyptic world where problems are solved with bullets, love is bought, and his only companion is a cybernetic killing-machine called Cherubim! The planet has been devastated by the pandemic Closure virus, leaving what remains of a crumbling society in the hands of a sinister paramilitary group known as the Propater. When young Elijah Ballard is captured by a group of mercenaries while on a quest to find his long-lost mother, he realises his adventures have only just begun...Philosophical, heartbreaking, action-packed and beautifully illustrated, "Eden" truly is paradise on earth. It is published in Japanese right-to-left reading format. It is for adults only!
- Manga, 13/58 (2007)Deadman WonderlandKadokawa ShotenActionOriginal WorkTen years have passed since the Great Tokyo Earthquake, and the people's memories of the disaster have faded. Ganta Igarashi, a middle school evacuee, has finally begun to live a normal life...That is, until the day "Red Man" appears at his school and Ganta's fate is changed forever. His entire class is brutally murdered, and although innocent of the crime, Ganta is sentenced to death and sent to the bizarre prison known as "Deadman Wonderland." An insane and brutal game of prison survival begins!
- Manga, 6/87 (1982)AkiraKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkWelcome to Neo-Tokyo, built on the ashes of a Tokyo annihilated by a blast of unknown origin that triggered World War III. The lives of two streetwise teenage friends, Tetsuo and Kaneda, change forever when paranormal abilities begin to waken in Tetsuo, making him a target for a shadowy agency that will stop at nothing to prevent another catastrophe like the one that leveled Tokyo. At the core of the agency’s motivation is a raw, all-consuming fear of an unthinkable, monstrous power known only as Akira.
- Manga, 16/145 (2007)PsyrenShuueisha Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal WorkUrban Legend "Save me!" Those were Sakurako Amamiya's last words to her friend Ageha Yoshina before she mysteriously went missing. Now Ageha's on a quest to find her. He's convinced that the mythical Psyren Secret Society has something to do with the recent rash of disappearances. And now he seems to be caught up as a player in their very deadly game...
- Manga, 7/59 (1982)Nausicaä of the Valley of the WindTokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkNausicaä, a young princess who has an empathic bond with the giant Ohmu insects and animals of every creed. She fights to create tolerance, understanding and patience among empires that are fighting over the world's remaining precious natural resources.
- Manga, 20/77 (2007)Sora no OtoshimonoKadokawa ShotenNonsense-ComedyOriginal WorkTomoki is a regular high-school student; more perverted than most, but happy with his peaceful and quiet life. Unfortunately for him, an Angeloid named Ikaros falls from the heavens, chains herself to his wrist, and proclaims him to be her new master. As time progresses, Tomoki finds that he is being caught in a battle between Ikaros's creator, Daedalus, and the Master of the Synapse, the "New World", and a multitude of powerful angeloids sent to kill him and Ikaros.
- Manga, 3/9 (2016)Your Name.Media FactoryDramaLight NovelBlurb Based on the hit animated film!
- Manga, 18/100 (2010)To Love Ru: DarknessShuueisha Inc.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkThe Yūki's residence is now full of people: in addition to Rito and Mikan Yūki, Lala, her twin sisters Nana and Momo, and Golden Darkness. Momo, who also falls for Rito, actively tries to create a harem for him. Meanwhile, a mysterious red hair girl named Mea Kurosaki enters Sainan High School with a hidden agenda.
- Manga, 10/66 (1997)Blame!Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkIf Killy is going to find the treasure he seeks, he will need more help and information than the inhabitants of these beleaguered outposts can offer. He needs to find a larger cluster of civilization, but he'll have to survive the trip to get there, first...
- Manga, 19/124 (2000)Battle Angel Alita: Last OrderShuueisha Inc., Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkLovely cyborg Alita embarks on a quest to rescue her friend Lou's brain from enslavement as a component in a massive computer and discovers the secret of the Utopian city of Tiphares... Finally, the full story of Alita's first life is revealed!
- Manga, 9+/55+ (2012)Made in AbyssTakeshobo Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal WorkIn an age when the corners of the world have been scoured for their secrets, only one place remains unexploreda massive cave system known as the Abyss, filled with monstrous creatures and lost relics. Those who delve into its depths are known as Cave Raiders. A young orphan named Riko dreams of following in her mothers footsteps as a Cave Raider, and when she meets a strange robot while exploring the Abyss, she is one perilous step closer to achieving her goal!
- Manga, 10/64 (1989)ParasyteKodansha Ltd.Action DramaOriginal WorkThey arrive in silence and darkness. They descend from the skies. They have a hunger for human flesh. They are everywhere. They are parasites, alien creatures who must invade–and take control of–a human host to survive. And once they have infected their victims, they can assume any deadly form they choose: monsters with giant teeth, winged demons, creatures with blades for hands. But most have chosen to conceal their lethal purpose behind ordinary human faces. So no one knows their secret–except an ordinary high school student. Shin is battling for control of his own body against an alien parasite, but can he find a way to warn humanity of the horrors to come?
- Manga, 21/187 (2012)Assassination ClassroomShuueisha Inc.Action ComedyOriginal WorkBlurb: The students in Class 3-E of Kunugigaoka Junior High have a new teacher: an alien octopus with bizarre powers and unlimited strength, who’s just destroyed the moon and is threatening to destroy the earth - unless they can kill him first! Meet the would-be assassins of class 3-E: Sugino, who let his grades slip and got kicked off the baseball team. Karma, who's doing well in his classes but keeps getting suspended for fighting. And Okuda, who lacks both academic and social skills, yet excels at one subject: chemistry. Who has the best chance of winning that reward? Will the deed be accomplished through pity, brute force or poison...? And what chance does their teacher have of repairing his students' tattered self-esteem?
- Manga, 20/120 (1994)Angel SanctuaryHakusensha, Inc.Romantic DramaOriginal WorkThe angel Alexiel loved God, but she rebelled against Heaven when she saw how disgracefully the other angels were behaving. She was finally captured, and as punishment sent to Earth to live an endless series of tragic lives. She now inhabits the body of Setsuna Mudo, a troubled teen in love with his sister Sara. Setsuna's misery mirrors the chaos among the angels, and their combined passions threaten to destroy both Heaven and Earth.
- Manga, 15/100 (2002)Gunslinger GirlMedia WorksDramaOriginal WorkThe Social Welfare Agency in Italy is not what it seems. Yes, it rescues young girls who have been brutalized, but it then brainwashes them and turns them into ruthless killers for an elite and secret counter-terrorism unit for the Italian government. Enter a young girl named Henrietta. After witnessing the savage murder of her family and barely surviving, the Agency takes her in and repairs her injuries using the latest in cybernetic technology. All traces of Henrietta’s past are wiped from her mind, as she becomes one of the Agency’s most lethal assassins.
- Manga, 14/140 (1994)Yokohama Kaidashi KikouKodansha Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal WorkSet in a post-apocalyptic Japan of the near future where the sea level has risen and flooded much of the coastal areas and Mt. Fuji has erupted within living memory. The population has been considerably reduced and political and technological institutions have broken-down. Local communities have become nations and telephone and television no longer exist (although coffee vending machines and streetlights stubbornly continue to work). There are strange new animals and plants (like flying fish and glowing streetlight trees). The remaining people have adopted a slower-paced, simpler way of life and rely more on each other. Along with the human population are some intelligent, humanoid robots. One of the robots, a female named Alpha, runs a café by the same name in the country outside of what remains of Yokohama. With her trusty motorscooter and her camera she travels around the area making friends with the humans and robots, having new experiences and observing the passage of time.
- Manga, 15/222 (2013)ReLifecomicoRomanceOriginal WorkArata Kaizaki is an unemployed, single 27-year-old who has just been cut off from his parents' financial support. Unable to find a job due to him leaving his previous employer within three months, he is stuck. One night after drinking with a high school friend, Arata meets Ryō Yoake, a man who offers Arata pills to turn him back into a 17-year old so he can redo his life. After agreeing to the experiment, Arata joins a high school class, and meets Chizuru Hishiro, a socially-awkward silent beauty who yearns to have friends. Through connecting with her and other classmates, Arata must find what he lacks to live a happy life in the real world within a one-year time limit.
- Manga, 20+/192+ (2017)Dr. StoneShuueisha Inc.AdventureOriginal WorkImagine waking to a world where every last human has been mysteriously turned to stone… One fateful day, all of humanity turned to stone. Many millennia later, Taiju frees himself from the petrification and finds himself surrounded by statues. The situation looks grim – until he runs into his science-loving friend Senku! Together they plan to restart civilization with the power of science!
- Manga, 2/16 (2006)21st Century BoysShougakukan Inc.ThrillerOriginal WorkWar is over. The Friend is dead. Mankind no longer faces the threat of extinction. Peace has finally come to Tokyo... Or has it? The mystery still remains. Nobody knows who the Friend was and where he came from. The only clue is hidden deep within the memories—the memories of the hero Kenji. It is time to open Pandora’s Box to discover what is left at the bottom.
- Manga, 2/17 (2014)All You Need is KillShuueisha Inc.Action DramaLight Novel
- Manga, 9/35 (2011)No. 6Kodansha Ltd.DramaNovelFor Shion, an elite student in the technologically sophisticated city No. 6, life is carefully choreographed. School, study, and the occasional visit with his friend and classmate Safu. One fateful day, however, he takes a misstep, sheltering an injured boy his age from a typhoon. Known only as Rat, this boy is a VC—a fugitive living outside the computerized tapestry of city control—and helping him will throw Shion’s life into chaos and start him down a path to discovering the appalling secrets behind the superficial perfection of No. 6.
- Manga, 12/60 (2002)AriaMag Garden CorporationSlice of Life DramaOriginal WorkExperience the magical, mystical world that inspired the Aria anime...One-hundred and fifty years after its terraforming, Aqua, the planet formerly known as Mars, is now almost completely covered in water. A young girl named Akari Mizunashi lives in the city of Neo-Venezia, an exact replica of the old Italian city of Venice, where she works as a gondolier tour guide. While giving people tours of her beautiful city, Akari learns to appreciate her city when she helps an elderly tourist find his daughter, teaches a friend some history about ancient Venice and discovers the secret behind Aqua's unusual sun showers.
- Manga, 9/58 (2000)Full Metal Panic!Kadokawa ShotenActionLight NovelA tie-in to the smash-hit anime series of the same name, the Full Metal Panic! manga is the story of gung-ho young secret agent Sousuke Sagara, assigned to go undercover and protect high-school honor-student Kaname Chidori from a band of international terrorists. Needless to say, Sosuke's background as a counterinsurgent guerilla isn't the best possible preparation for high school!
- Manga, 27/125 (2009)Btooom!Shinchousha Publishing Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkRyota Sakamoto is one of the top-ranked players of BTOOOM!, an online battle game. But no amount of simulated warfare could have propared him for what is to come ...Ryota wakes one evening to find himself dangling from a tree by a parachute with no recollection of how he got there. Before he can orient himself to his unfamiliar surroundings, Ryota is attacked. As a barrage of explosives rain down on him, Ryota realizes that he too has a pack of bombs ...bombs that look very similar to the ones used in BTOOOM! Ryota may have mastered the online game, but can he come out on top in this real-life game of survival?!
- Manga, 3/13 (2009)Summer WarsKadokawa ShotenAdventureAnimeWhen timid eleventh-grader and math genius Kenji Koiso is asked by older student and secret crush Natsuki to come with her to her family’s Nagano home for a summer job, he agrees without hesitation. Natsuki’s family, the Jinnouchi clan, dates back to the Muromachi era, and they’ve all come together to celebrate the 90th birthday of the spunky matriarch of the family, Sakae. That’s when Kenji discovers his “summer job” is to pretend to be Natsuki’s fiancé and dance with her at the birthday celebration. As Kenji attempts to keep up with Natsuki’s act around her family, he receives a strange math problem on his cell phone which, being a math genius, he can’t resist solving. As it turns out, the solution to the mysterious equation causes a hijacking of the social networking site through which most of the world's social and business traffic flows. (from movie)
- Manga, 18/162 (2003)AkumetsuAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.ActionThis is the story of Hazama Shou a highschool student who has a particular and peculiar way of justice
- Manga, 8/88 (2000)ChobitsKodansha Ltd.Romantic ComedyOriginal WorkChi isn't your average humanoid computer. She can't do word processing, she can't connect to the net, and she's incapable of interfacing with other persocoms ... but when the hapless, technophobic Hideki rescues her from the scrap heap and takes her home, he finds that she may be more advanced than her childlike behavior lets on ...