Contents: Member-Specific Topics
- What are those “Cookies” and how do you get them?
- What are the user ranks?
- What Are Achievements and How Does One Get Them?
- How does the rating system work?
- Why are there two different rating systems?
- Where do I find my own rating lists?
- Where do I find the quick rating option?
- What does the Control Panel do?
What is aniSearch?
Can I make changes to the database?
REWARD: If you’re diligently collecting our cookies and, by doing so, supporting aniSearch you may be rewarded with a free Premium Membership
In every entry you will find the link “Edit” in the “Controls” box below the title. Using this you can fill in missing information or correct any details you think are incorrect.
Why is there a Premium Membership?
How do I report errors or mistakes?
- lease report technical errors/bugs in our Support Forums.
- Grammatical mistakes or flaws in the translation may be put into our Localisation Forums.
- You can correct mistakes in our database yourself and you’ll even collect cookies in the process.
How do I search for specific genres?
Who is part of aniSearch’s staff?
Why are some image files not accessible to me?
“Safe for Work” and “Not Safe for Work”
“Safe for Work” is aniSearch’s default setting for visitors and new members. This setting can be changed any time in your profile management.
“Not Safe for Work” or simply “NSFW” is the exact opposite of “Safe for Work.” This classification of page contents tells you that all explicit contents on the website are visible. As the name implies, it is not recommended to use this setting when browsing a website at work or in public areas.
What are those “Cookies” and how do you get them?
What are the user ranks?
What Are Achievements and How Does One Get Them?
Which Kinds of Achievements Can I Earn?
The database-specific achievements are a way for us to reward the patience and diligence our contributors show when filling our database with information. Other than the cookies one earns for entering information, which only show the overall activity of the respective member, the achievements are supposed to show and honour their efforts in the respective fields. As such, we divided our achievements into two main sections:- Main Fields: News, Anime, Manga, Movies, Characters, Companies, Creators, Articles
- Sub Fields: Basic Information, Descriptions, Covers, Genres, Screenshots, Episodes Lists, Productions, Voice Actors, Streams, Music
The database-specific achievements (all in all 12 achievements per field, meaning an overall of 216 achievements) are awarded automatically once the necessary amount of cookies has been gained.
How does the rating system work?
- Public ‒ Anybody can see this rating when browsing your public profile, so long as you allowed it in your privacy settings.
- Private ‒ Only you yourself and the aniSearch staff can see this rating.
- Ongoing ‒ You did not finish watching the title yet.
- Completed ‒ You watched the title completely.
- Halted ‒ You can’t or do not wish to continue watching the title for now.
- Aborted ‒ You will not continue watching the title.
- Uninterested ‒ You’re not interested in the title at all.
- Bookmark ‒ This one is special; using the bookmark option, a title is only marked as interesting and any pre-rating entered here will not be taken into consideration for the overall rating of the title.
You’re currently watching/reading the title once again. The number of seen episodes/read chapters is reset to 1 and specifically for this setting refers to the re-watch/-read episodes/chapters.
Start and Finish Date
Refresh time of update
Why are there two different rating systems?
Where do I find my own rating lists?
Where do I find the quick rating option?
What does the Control Panel do?
- Managing your private anime, manga and movie lists, including your comments and reviews
- Managing your favourites in anime, manga, films, characters, et cetera
- Here you have direct access to our database and you’re able to edit existing information or add new titles
- Adding friends to your friendlist and accept pending friend requests
- Ignoring members to whom you wish no contact
- Managing your club memberships or even establishing your own clubs
- Filling in any missing information to your public profile
- Adding an avatar to your profile
- Creating your own personal layout and customise aniSearch to suit your individual tastes
- Setting your privacy preferences for your public profile: “Who may see what information?”
- Uploading images for your comments, forum posts or your profile description
- Setting general preferances regarding timezone, types of notification, spoiler warnings or your preferred language settings
- Changing your email address
- Changing your password
- Changing your username